Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia Z Officially Announced

Previous  123 ... 206207208 ... 220221222  Next
Author Xperia Z Officially Announced
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-08-06 14:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

And this was THEE feature in the Xperia Z. Better off getting a Xperia ZL.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
tapas123
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-06 20:31
Guys after the update my battery takes quite a long time to charge...earlier it was much quicker...now it almost takes extra 1hr an also heats up quite during charging...
anybody facing this??

Thanks..
[ This Message was edited by: tapas123 on 2013-08-06 20:08 ]
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-06 22:25

On 2013-08-06 14:39:51, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Wow, I see that now the roles are reversed - something happened that can be used against sony so why not use it
How funny

But the fact that similar things were reported for S4 Active is of course irrelevant
Before you ask, I'll try to find the article about sudden deaths of S4 due to water. If I won't be able to find them I'll remove the remark about S4 Active.

@OffLineR
Did the white stripes turn red?
If not it had to lose integrity some other way. If I were you I wouldn't leave it like this.
The fact is that we have to check very carefully if the flaps are closed tightly before putting it in the water or exposing it to rain or anything. Just like with any other water resistant device with ports.

@Tapas123
Actually I haven't noticed anything like that. It always heated during charging but it never bothered me due to the fact that I don't use it when it's charging. The same about charging time. IMO .244 update didn't change anything in that regard.
Maybe something runs in the background that hogs the CPU and cause the heat and slower charging time.
[ This Message was edited by: Wishmaster89 on 2013-08-06 21:27 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-08-06 23:39
Let me help you there before you hurt yourself
http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]Galaxy-S4-Active-units_id46097

Don't know why they even bothered making the Active anymore as it doesn't seem to be widely available, and it's a stepback on the original S4, glad the majority of S4s out there are not the Active.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-08-06 22:42 ]
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-07 08:26
@Tsepz_GP
In this form it doesn't mean anything, if at all it means that AT&T who sells S4 Active tries to prevent public backlash for the situation. It started with AT&T so they had to figure something out. Until Samsung makes public announcement that water damages can be warranty fixed then I'll change my opinion. For now it's nothing more than a rumor

And I don't agree that Active is step backwards compared to S4. It has all the same advantages and additional one that became very medial. Even design is something fresh compared to S4. So I can't understand where you're coming from, but as someone said - you shouldn't discuss about ones taste.
Yes, for some camera and screen are disadvantages that can't be outweighed

And no, It wasn't the the article I meant in my original post

EDIT:
Ironic. One minute after posting this message phonearena officially informed about this

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]msung-Galaxy-S4-Active_id46137
In this case it's a shame that it's valid only on AT&T. Wonder what Samsung will do about the rest of the world.
[ This Message was edited by: Wishmaster89 on 2013-08-07 07:29 ]
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-07 09:06

On 2013-08-06 22:25:55, Wishmaster89 wrote:

On 2013-08-06 14:39:51, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Wow, I see that now the roles are reversed - something happened that can be used against sony so why not use it
How funny

But the fact that similar things were reported for S4 Active is of course irrelevant
Before you ask, I'll try to find the article about sudden deaths of S4 due to water. If I won't be able to find them I'll remove the remark about S4 Active.

@OffLineR
Did the white stripes turn red?
If not it had to lose integrity some other way. If I were you I wouldn't leave it like this.
The fact is that we have to check very carefully if the flaps are closed tightly before putting it in the water or exposing it to rain or anything. Just like with any other water resistant device with ports.

@Tapas123
Actually I haven't noticed anything like that. It always heated during charging but it never bothered me due to the fact that I don't use it when it's charging. The same about charging time. IMO .244 update didn't change anything in that regard.
Maybe something runs in the background that hogs the CPU and cause the heat and slower charging time.
[ This Message was edited by: Wishmaster89 on 2013-08-06 21:27 ]

3 out of 4 white stripes turn to red.
I think whole phone got water in it.
I am sure that eventhough all the flaps are closed, phone fails to keep water out.
I'll send it to a test lab after I receive the phone from service center.
Forever !!!
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-07 09:39
@OffLineR
That's very strange.
If you say that the flaps were closed and 3 of 4 LDI's turned red and yet sony insists that the flaps are working properly I would send it to some expert. Maybe this particular sony service centre doesn't want to exchange your phone.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-08-07 09:56
Wishmaster

S4 Active is a step back from S4, the Camera and Display are major steps back and now that some much like the Xperia Zs are getting liquid damage there just isn't any point to them.

Hre in Africa, Samsung has ADH for all GS4 Variants, so even if I drop my normal GS4 twice in water they will replace it for free both times, or crack the screen twice they'll repair it for free both times or do one of each and it will be repaired both times:
http://m.samsung.com/africa_en/ADH.html so they've got this part of the world well covered, not just for Active but normal S4, S4 mini and S4 Zoom. No point at all in S4 Active.

OffLineR
So this is indeed as a result of the rear glass going loose? Does it get worse and begin coming off? It sounds like the Xperia Z is pretty much falls apart.
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-07 10:08
@Tsepz_GP
Something like that would be more than well received in other parts of the world. Applause for Samsung

For some screen and camera can be considered major step backwards, but if so then they should buy normal S4. Easy as that
There are some that work at very dusty areas that can turn any device into pile of sand dust in no time and for them S4 Active(or XZ in that regard) is perfect device, cause after that they can just wash it. Not everything goes around diving with your phone

About OffLineR's case. He never said that anything happened to his back cover, don't jump to wild conclusions too quickly
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-07 10:15
@Tsepz_GP

I never had a single problem with the device apart from getting water in it.
But maybe in time back cover might get loose. I might not realize that.

Xperia Z is a robust device that has great design with excellent hardware\\software pair.
But fails to keep water out which is one of the first selling point of the device.

Sorry Sony. You have made an excellent phone but failed to mention water resistance works just for the first couple of months.
Forever !!!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-08-07 10:30
Wishmaster
There are plenty of water and dustproof cases out from Seidio and other case makers. I'd rather get one of those and have the great camera and screen of my GS4.

I'm not jumping to any "wild conclusions" according to Xperia Blog and XDA the back covers of many Xperia Zs are loosening and therefore compromising water resistance:
http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]-water-resistance-compromised/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2304680

So over time that could lead to it falling apart.

OffLineR

Why are you saying sorry to Sony? They should be sorry for misleading you, they are even selling the Z Ultra without the advertised software it's like they never learn.

Anyway, I hope you get sorted out.
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-08-07 11:09
The article says "some" xperia Z suffer from it, but here you go on saying "many", please don't twist the information and turn it your way, oh but I guess that's the reason you're here anyway to market the negatives of xperia Z and make it appear to be a big thing

The Xperia Z and S4 Active are waterproof up to a certain depth, 1 meter (3.28 feet) for thirty minutes, but we all should know that all waterproof devices can still be damaged by water especially ones that have flaps you open and close because gaskets can wear down eventually depending on your usage, it doesn't mean we could just submerge it as we please and expect any device to be waterproof forever. The 1 meter depth is specified through standard conditions, it could be less or it could be more depending on the density of the liquid you are submerging it with. It does not surprise me some people reporting that their S4 active or Z got water in it.

Funny that you are complaining that the Z ultra does not have the advertised software on the early released devices which will definitely get it on global release firmware update, while for you the GS4 without the advertised clock speed and samsung making excuses for it is completely fine.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-08-07 10:22 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-08-07 11:34
What's a post of mine without reeflotz commenting
It is a big thing, when a major feature like waterproofing fails.

WRT GS4 GPU clock, in actual fact, Samsung has never advertised the clockspeed of it's GPU, see even the official Exynos page:
http://www.samsung.com/global[....]site/Exynos/products5octa.html
So they never advertised 480MHz or 533MHz.
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-07 13:47
Guys why does it always have to be samsung vs. sony?!

1) There are people that don't like using cases and prefer rugged devices, but wan't the functionality of full fledged smartphone. That's the target audience for S4 Active and maybe in some cases even Xperia Z. Check rumbo X5 and maybe you'll understand what I mean.

2) Even waterproof devices can get damaged by water. After all is still electrical device. Everything can happen. Only some kind of polymer coating could turn devices into full proof from water, dust, grease, everything! Flaps like every mechanical thing can get damaged and with use can loose their properties.

3) For now it seems that some users are reporting problems with back cover ungluing due to heat. Just like last year there were users reporting sudden death of their S3 which turned out to be motherboard problem, and like those that reported yellow dots on iphones screen which turned out to be glue heating up. Every device is prone to flaws. Everything depends on the manufacturers response in the long run.

4) In case of OffLineR's case. It's not certain if his XZ had problems with back cover ungluing, what he wrote indicates that Service Center didn't inform of anything like that. So I still think that he should get some experts opinion and don't let it end this way.

5) Just because they didn't include clocks for the GPU on the website doesn't prove anything. They didn't include clocks for new T628 too, so it's still a mystery. But I remember that most reviewers knew that sgx544 in S4 was supposed to run at 533mhz, don't remember what was the source of that information. Maybe samsung himself, in which case they would be partially true about that fact, even if they advertised it as 480mhz device that would still be partially correct statement

Let's stop stupid discussions when everybody want's to prove that his device is the best and without flaws. Wake up, every device has it's flaws. Some come very early and some after longer time. Deal with it.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-08-07 14:45
1) both Xperia Z and S4 Active aren't all that rugged, there are far more rugged phones that can be had for much less.

2) The difference here is that both claim to be water RESISTANT, yet still some of them fail at this.

3) Nobody here ever said that any phone has no flaws.

4) I agree, an expert should look at his phone, but back cover ungluing could be the issue, if not, there is a much bigger problem going on that may spread.

5) reeflotz claimed and I quote: "GS4 without the advertised clock speed", yet, Samsung didn't advertise ANY clock speed, AnandTech were the ones who went on about its clock, not even Imagination Technologies said much when they announced Samsung were using their GPU:
http://www.imgtec.com/corporate/newsdetail.asp?NewsID=736
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 206207208 ... 220221222  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic