Previous  123 ... 202122 ... 220221222  Next
Author Xperia Z Officially Announced
Kitchen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 22:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-01-14 22:50:48, Away wrote:
So go on, what facts do you have? Everyone with an Arc or T or S etc will tell you there is a significant difference. Where is your evidence?

I have an Arc and a XS. I can't see any difference if BE on or off.
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 23:31
@DACHA

Will the 1-flagship-per-year be the successor to the Z or to the 2H flagship?

Please say Z.
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 23:58

On 2013-01-14 23:31:20, Away wrote:
@DACHA

Please say Z.

Only Sony can answer that. I would guess the Q3 flagship.
It Sony sticks to the Q1 flagship schedule it will always stay behind on the hardware side sine most of the new Soc hit the market in Q2.

Xperia Z wins a whole host of ‘Best of CES’ awards

[ This Message was edited by: DACHA on 2013-01-14 23:01 ]
jesonk
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 00:30

On 2013-01-14 22:40:14, etaab wrote:
Heh. Look guys the problem we have here is simply a little immaturity from those members who are clearly blind to facts.

The need to scream 'Fanboy !' Just because I dont happen to agree with you that the Z is the messiah phone, the phone to bring world peace or cure all diseases and hunger does not mean I do not respect it. Sure its a nice try from Sony but its not going to be the killer phone you all think it is. Simple sales figures will prove such in the coming months.

On a personal note I would say im as far from being a fanboy as possible. My Sgs3 is the first Samsung phone ive owned in years. Its also the first Android phone ive owned. Ive come from Symbian Nokia and SE phones. I even want Sony to do well, I have a PS3 which I love and would hate to buy an Xbox if Sony went bust.

Im a fan of all mobile devices also. But knowing how strong Samsung and Htc are this phone wont come close. It wont sell as well and Sony will lose money on it.

Im simply not delusional.

Talking about immaturity and being blind to facts, it is time for you to introspect. Please re-read your OWN posts in this thread first and decide for yourself. .

You want everyone to agree with you, don't you? Nobody said this is the messiah phone. This is the best phone Sony has produced and the first phone from them which has created this much interest among the general public. So, here are the facts. About the sales, I would prefer the views of an industry expert or the actual sales report after the phone releases.

First, some were "not into phones as much as you", now some are "immature and blind to facts" because people disagreed with your views. Somebody here seriously needs an attitude check.
jesonk
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 00:46

On 2013-01-14 23:58:54, DACHA wrote:

On 2013-01-14 23:31:20, Away wrote:
@DACHA

Please say Z.

Only Sony can answer that. I would guess the Q3 flagship.
It Sony sticks to the Q1 flagship schedule it will always stay behind on the hardware side sine most of the new Soc hit the market in Q2.

Xperia Z wins a whole host of ‘Best of CES’ awards

[ This Message was edited by: DACHA on 2013-01-14 23:01 ]

Yeah, 2H would be the better time. They should have a strong flagship for the all important holiday season. Phones released in Q1 would have become old by then.
[ This Message was edited by: jesonk on 2013-01-14 23:51 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 00:47
Sadly for you, no. The beauty of opinion is its free to express and doesnt necessarily always have to be agreed upon. I have no intention of arguing in forums or resorting to calling people fanboys or trolls (illustrating my mature nature over others immaturity) I will simply voice my opinion.

So deal with it.

If you want a forum where calling people fanboys or trolls just because they dont agree and have a different opinion to your own.. well then you've joined the wrong forum.

DACHA is putting across some good points in reply to mine. Where as the others simply do not deserve a reply. The Z is Sony's comeback device, I dont think Ericsson will have had any input in the device at all. Its clearly a good phone but theres not a single one stand out feature about it. Sony's strategy is wrong. They're playing the game the way Htc have done and not observed their outcome.

What Sony need to do is hold off releasing phones so early in the year. Its been what.. 5 months since the last flagship. Consumers arent stupid. They see how they invest in something for it to suddenly become obsolete soon after launch. They need to release this phone in Q2. Then at least wait 8 months until unveiling the next flagship. Then release it quickly. By doing this the next time a flagship comes around excitement builds over the what ifs. Just like TsepZ said, Samsung are successful because not only do they make killer Androis phones, they make them worth the wait and release little or no teasers - building tensions further.

Apple and Samsung know what they're doing. Sony do not.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 01:09
WRT the benchmarks, and seeing that it maybe sometime before the phones are fully optimized, what will happen to the Z units that are already supposedly shipped to Europe carriers? Will they ALL have to be unboxed and updated or will we have many early adopters booting up into Alpha FW???
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 02:18

On 2013-01-15 00:47:41, etaab wrote:
Sadly for you, no. The beauty of opinion is its free to express and doesnt necessarily always have to be agreed upon. I have no intention of arguing in forums or resorting to calling people fanboys or trolls (illustrating my mature nature over others immaturity) I will simply voice my opinion.

So deal with it.

If you want a forum where calling people fanboys or trolls just because they dont agree and have a different opinion to your own.. well then you've joined the wrong forum.

DACHA is putting across some good points in reply to mine. Where as the others simply do not deserve a reply. The Z is Sony's comeback device, I dont think Ericsson will have had any input in the device at all. Its clearly a good phone but theres not a single one stand out feature about it. Sony's strategy is wrong. They're playing the game the way Htc have done and not observed their outcome.

What Sony need to do is hold off releasing phones so early in the year. Its been what.. 5 months since the last flagship. Consumers arent stupid. They see how they invest in something for it to suddenly become obsolete soon after launch. They need to release this phone in Q2. Then at least wait 8 months until unveiling the next flagship. Then release it quickly. By doing this the next time a flagship comes around excitement builds over the what ifs. Just like TsepZ said, Samsung are successful because not only do they make killer Androis phones, they make them worth the wait and release little or no teasers - building tensions further.

You have another good point. Apple and Samsung have established their supply chains years ago while Sony is still stuck with the SE supply chain. That is part of the problem Sony is facing. I am sure that Sony knows how but everything takes time.
The company that starts something first will always be ahead of a company that starts second if the first company focuses on CQI.

If Sony does not change the old habits in a year of announcing a phone two+ months before release than you have the right to say that Sony does not know how to do it.

Now it is to early to judge anything. The Z\\ZL is a very good phone and we should wait and see how it is received by the general public while Sony works on the supply chain and some other minor issues.
SEXperiaPro
Sony Xperia Acro S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 03:27
Samsung fangirls are in full force, should mean Sony is doing something right. Can't stand brand slaves no matter if it's Apple Samsung or Sony. Seeing supposedly "grown men" like etaab getting all defensive over a piece of plastic is a joke to me. You'd think someone was talking about his family member the way he gets. Yet u call yourself mature right? Who you think your kidding.

On topic, Bravia Engine did work. Not sure about 2012 phones but on my old Neo all u had to do is take a screenshot with it on and off and there was no argument it comes to effect. But even so I still left it off.
milukugiuniu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 04:06

On 2013-01-15 00:47:41, etaab wrote:

So deal with it.

Actually, I dont know clearly that you hate Sony so much or just want Sony to make improvement. If the former is the case, I suggest you just leave us and join Apple or Samsung forum because every brand has its unique value to its fans, let alone a great brand like Sony. It's no meaning for you trolling here. If the latter is the case, you must have seen the improvement Sony makes. Just be a bit patient and hopefully Sony will be more competitive in the near future.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 04:35
OMG see this The Xperia Z could take over the No.1 spot any minute now

Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 04:36
For heaven sake you guys want to discuss about Sony Vs Samsung Vs Apple and if anybody has an opinion Apple knows what they're doing and they're doing right, I just don't know what makes you all say that.

Apple is over since a long time, which world are you living in? It's not the sales that shows the true capabilities, it's the technology innovation.

And I'm not any fanboy of any company. Just because I've used Sony Ericsson all my life does not make me a fanboy. So my request to you'll is, it would be nice if somebody creates another thread Sony Vs Samsung just to keep things on track

P.S - I have no problems about this debate, after all we all share common interest - smartphones!

T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 05:12
My prediction? Sony will plaster the Xperia Z anywhere and everywhere they can possibly advertise it. They'll likely have it featured some of the TV shows and movies they own as well. Tech geeks seem to be overall pretty positive about it, and the word of mouth shall travel from there.

For example I showed it to one of my friends, he instantly fell in love and won't shut up about the Xperia Z. One of his girlfriends friends has had a problem with dropping her phones in water and destroying them - she's been through 2 iPhones this year and she asked him about phone suggestions. He showed her the Z, and she's an instant convert now and will get one. Don't underestimate a feature like water resistance... that one single feature alone will net Sony good chunk of consumers, even though it's not a new feature on smartphones. It's that the water resistance is finally being put on a device that can legitimately be called a top end premium smartphone that will attract people.

Like I said before, I AM a Sony fanboy, and love their products, but until the Z, I haven't found any of their phones to be good enough for me to want to jump up and get one. The Z is an amazing all around package that I will be proud to call my own. Is there room for improvement? Obviously, otherwise some people wouldn't be excited about the 2H flagship. Even still, I think it's a phone Sony can be proud of.
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-01-15 05:42
I dont know if this has been posted before. but here are some pics of the UI:

http://www.knowyourmobile.com[....]ser_interface_walkthrough.html
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 06:14
As usual in all other business segments, sony is heading towards a good start with Xperia Z. This is their first phone (smartphone) but it creates a lot of buzz. People are talking about it everywhere, and its a good thing in a positive way. Given enough time, based on their previous record, they can be a big player.

Similar trend in their other business segment. When sony entered the pc market with their vaio 14 years ago, they are nobody. But within one year they are already playing in the top three pc vendor. Similarly, when sony entered DSLR business after buying konica minolta, within a short period, they already the top three DSLR maker with huge innovations. Due to their innovations, some of their DSLR are better than canon and nikon. But, in DSLR business, especially in the pro market, its hard to change the trend since it requires huge investment. Once you have invested in one brand, its hard to change to another brand. Similarly, in the game business, they were nothing compared to Sega, Atari and Nintendo, but in a short time they became the world leader or at least among the top player. So, in any business segment they entered, they are among the top players.

I believe, in a short period, sony mobile will be in the top.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 202122 ... 220221222  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic