Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-01-14 19:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-01-14 18:55:00, Sean72 wrote:
Phones4U has a short review here

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4fQ1yf-btvo

Nice little review there Sean, cheers for the link

The Xperia z certainly does seem very impressive.
Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 19:10
It's nice and all that but for me it's all a little bit over kill 1080p screens on a phone. Battery life will be not that good with 1080p and 4G with a measly 2,400mAh battery. The smaller battery for the sake of being another thin phone. Too expensive too. I also don't know why you guys get so excited about Benchmarks. Who cares it means nothing in real world use. @doministry, nothing is innovative about Bravia Engine whatsoever. I have had many Sony phones and with it on or off there is NO difference at all when viewing images etc. And the X10 and X1 were both crap

HTC WP 8S
AKA,Bonovox
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-01-14 18:16 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 19:30
There could be the option to disable 4G, like you can disable 3G.

HD Youtube vids look fantastic on the Xperia T. They'll look even better on the Z.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-01-14 19:33

On 2013-01-14 19:10:00, Sean72 wrote:
It's nice and all that but for me it's all a little bit over kill 1080p screens on a phone. Battery life will be not that good with 1080p and 4G with a measly 2,400mAh battery. The smaller battery for the sake of being another thin phone. Too expensive too. I also don't know why you guys get so excited about Benchmarks. Who cares it means nothing in real world use. @doministry, nothing is innovative about Bravia Engine whatsoever. I have had many Sony phones and with it on or off there is NO difference at all when viewing images etc. And the X10 and X1 were both crap

Material things don't matter,but Rock n Roll does!!!!

HTC WP 8S

AKA,Bonovox

Well so forget Sony and sail on a different sea.
Saying X1 and X10 were crap is simply pathetic. What was crap were Samsung Omnias you know.
Whatever. I will not discuss it further since you can criticize or glorify anything in the end.

But Bravia is not a gimmick. I think you're just a bit blind
a w a r e
dibdin
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 19:57

On 2013-01-14 19:10:00, Sean72 wrote:
I have had many Sony phones and with it on or off there is NO difference at all when viewing images etc. And the X10 and X1 were both crap

Material things don't matter,but Rock n Roll does!!!!

HTC WP 8S

AKA,Bonovox

If that's how you feel why do continue to buy Sony Ericsson/Sony phones then?
Xperia S in white ROCKS!!
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 20:12
Bravia Engine is probably the easiest to test. Any person with his sight working will tell you there is a significant difference. That is not a debate.
xenia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 21:46
I am more concerned about the quality of the screen. The impression is that it is worse than in TX as a whole.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?[....]layer_embedded&v=mUhPli5b4Bo#!
Compare colors on tv and on the phone. Xperia produced pretty dull picture
1:21 for example
P.S
Look at the purple sample: it`s a old proto with grill on the right side like on first leak.

[ This Message was edited by: xenia on 2013-01-14 20:54 ]
Detox
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 22:00
Hardware size comparison:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_fqTtFNuFQ
Phones:
W800i | K800i | K850i | W902 | Xperia S | Xperia Z1 Compact | Xperia Z5 Compact | Xperia XZ1 Compact
Firmwares:
R1AA008 | R1CB001 | R1EA031 | R3EA037 | 6.2.B.1.96 | 14.4.A.0.157 | 32.4.A.1.54 | 47.2.A.11.228
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 22:07

On 2013-01-14 21:46:01, xenia wrote:
I am more concerned about the quality of the screen. The impression is that it is worse than in TX as a whole.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?[....]layer_embedded&v=mUhPli5b4Bo#!
Compare colors on tv and on the phone. Xperia produced pretty dull picture
1:21 for example
P.S
Look at the purple sample: it`s a old proto with grill on the right side like on first leak.

[ This Message was edited by: xenia on 2013-01-14 20:54 ]

Look at the pictures taken with the Z at the bottom of the page. Very very poor quality.

http://www.eprice.com.tw/mobi[....]rv/sony-xperia-zl-l35h-launch/
xenia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 22:11
It`s just old software and sample. We saw great photos from Vegas. I`m more worried about screen
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 22:19

On 2013-01-14 20:12:31, Away wrote:
Bravia Engine is probably the easiest to test. Any person with his sight working will tell you there is a significant difference. That is not a debate.

Mate,I have perfectly working sight & doing many tests myself with BE on & off watching video and viewing photos there is NO difference. The screen quality is great but there is no change in quality on or off I have seen this many times with my perfectly working eyes and sharp glasses. @doministry I am not blind. You guys get so worked up over my point of view chill out man
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-01-14 21:24 ]
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 22:40
Heh. Look guys the problem we have here is simply a little immaturity from those members who are clearly blind to facts.

The need to scream 'Fanboy !' Just because I dont happen to agree with you that the Z is the messiah phone, the phone to bring world peace or cure all diseases and hunger does not mean I do not respect it. Sure its a nice try from Sony but its not going to be the killer phone you all think it is. Simple sales figures will prove such in the coming months.

On a personal note I would say im as far from being a fanboy as possible. My Sgs3 is the first Samsung phone ive owned in years. Its also the first Android phone ive owned. Ive come from Symbian Nokia and SE phones. I even want Sony to do well, I have a PS3 which I love and would hate to buy an Xbox if Sony went bust.

Im a fan of all mobile devices also. But knowing how strong Samsung and Htc are this phone wont come close. It wont sell as well and Sony will lose money on it.

Im simply not delusional.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 22:50

On 2013-01-14 22:40:14, etaab wrote:
Heh. Look guys the problem we have here is simply a little immaturity from those members who are clearly blind to facts.

The need to scream 'Fanboy !' Just because I dont happen to agree with you that the Z is the messiah phone, the phone to bring world peace or cure all diseases and hunger does not mean I do not respect it. Sure its a nice try from Sony but its not going to be the killer phone you all think it is. Simple sales figures will prove such in the coming months.

On a personal note I would say im as far from being a fanboy as possible. My Sgs3 is the first Samsung phone ive owned in years. Its also the first Android phone ive owned. Ive come from Symbian Nokia and SE phones. I even want Sony to do well, I have a PS3 which I love and would hate to buy an Xbox if Sony went bust.

Im a fan of all mobile devices also. But knowing how strong Samsung and Htc are this phone wont come close. It wont sell as well and Sony will lose money on it.

So go on, what facts do you have? Everyone with an Arc or T or S etc will tell you there is a significant difference. Where is your evidence?
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 22:54

On 2013-01-14 22:40:14, etaab wrote:

You have some valid points but Sony will beat HTC and will not be able to get close to the GS IV sales numbers. Sony is still one of the most reputable and recognized companies around the world but Sony does not have the history in the mobile market that Samsung has.
It will take a few more years for Sony to establish its mobile strategy. The Z and ZL were developed during the transition period from SE and are not the best that Sony can do.
Both the Z and ZL will have solid sales until the H2 flagship releases in Q3.
Starting next year there will only be on Sony flagship per year.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 192021 ... 220221222  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic