Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia Z Officially Announced

Previous  123 ... 136137138 ... 220221222  Next
Author Xperia Z Officially Announced
pbhat25
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-03-10 11:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
If I am not wrong, the screen technology used in XZ is different from the earlier models. In XZ the LCD and the digitizer are closely fit so as to remove the air gap and made the device more slimer. I think this is why we can see the digitizer pattern. I don't think it make a difference when using the phone, I mean when the screen is on. It is visible only when the screen is off.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-10 14:32
There is no air gap in the XT screen either
Phone?? What phone??
tapas123
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-03-10 15:48

On 2013-03-10 10:03:13, pbhat25 wrote:
I got an update that XZ is available for Rs. 37,500 in grey market (without Bill). With bill will be available only after 12th March. I have asked my dealer to book one for me. Will know the exact price after 12th.

No No not grey market it will be available from 12th with bill for Rs 37,990/-

Fransisco
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 03:38

On 2013-03-10 11:24:43, pbhat25 wrote:
If I am not wrong, the screen technology used in XZ is different from the earlier models. In XZ the LCD and the digitizer are closely fit so as to remove the air gap and made the device more slimer. I think this is why we can see the digitizer pattern. I don't think it make a difference when using the phone, I mean when the screen is on. It is visible only when the screen is off.

I think it's supposed to be the sensor-on-lens tech which is previously only in xperia V.

My friend's XZ has the pattern when the screen is off. However it doesn't affect anything when it's on. In fact it's nice when it's on.
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 05:59
Users from India, have you got your XZ? It now seems it's widely available everywhere and also the stock for tomorrow launching date has already started shipping.

It would be nice if someone shared how's the display & overall short review of XZ in India

---

XPERIA Z DEMO BY AMIT CHOURASIA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0jJQkfIJoM

Poor boy needs to mug up for such a beauty phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Indiandawg on 2013-03-11 05:07 ]
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 10:04
Over 11 minutes of Sony review here

http://youtube.com/watch?v=crgzS4F_nZA

though the woman gets annoying
Phone?? What phone??
nielneal
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 10:15
i used xperia z today.........all the reviews i seen but i dont think it wud really matter when u use this phone............the phone is supa fast....osm screen....lovly camera.......i jus worry of battery right now rest all the things of xperia z are superb......
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 10:50
hmmmm... shatter proof peel off logo

http://youtu.be/rQ0AfF4JgM8
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-03-11 13:19
Does the Z already come with pre applied screen protectors or is that the shatter proof film? Do you need to aapply the front & back screen protectors or are they just provided extra?
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
Dummaari
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 13:34
i just got mine from clove.uk to Maldives.

the mobile looks coool and fast
www.posmaldives.com
Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 13:42

On 2013-03-11 13:19:06, Karun wrote:
Does the Z already come with pre applied screen protectors or is that the shatter proof film? Do you need to aapply the front & back screen protectors or are they just provided extra?

Since 2010 and onward SE and now Sony has always had a shatter proof sheet applied on their devices out of the box and then provided an additional screen protector that can bee applied by the users them self. Nothing has changed in this regard concerning Z, so yes, the sheet applied on Z is just a shatter proof sheet, nothing more, nothing less.
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 14:06
Just got my XZ, Finally!

Will give you my short review in a while.

T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 14:21
Sony's biggest year yet

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2013/03/11/sony-says-2013-is-its-biggest-year-yet-as-40m-ad-capaign-begins/
Phone?? What phone??
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 14:50

On 2013-03-11 14:06:04, Indiandawg wrote:
Just got my XZ, Finally!

Will give you my short review in a while.

congrats Indian Dawg and Dummari you too,

@ID what price they offered it man?
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 14:53
Short XZ Review

Since it's just been a while I've got XZ, I'll review in 2 parts.

PART 1

Display: It's a stunning display. It's crystal clear and the photos & videos looks stunning. It litreally makes you speechless. There's a wow factor to it without a doubt but here's one little hitch, it's grey UI

When you look at the pictures & videos or browser or any application (games too), you just see the true magic of display but you don't feel that through the UI. It kind of lacks that true magic but nonetheless, it is amazing.

About the viewing angles, I think people must be joking. It's got perfect viewing angles in the dark, as far as in the daylight it's concerned, not that great but it does not disappoint. As I don't really care about viewing angels, it doesn't matter to me much but this is just my opinion about viewing angles.

Sound: The sound quality is brilliant. Yes, you've heard it right, it's comparatively low but I would simply put it this way that it's not loud enough.

The earplugs that are provided with XZ are amazing. I listen to Trance/House and there's good amount of Bass with Sony's clearbass tech in the software, it just makes it even better.

Camera: I'll get back to this in detail cause the camera is really good but I did see a minus point while I was travelling and I was trying to click a picture in the half dark and half daylight condition and it didn't really give what I was looking for. Again, the camera is fantastic once I was clicking pictures in daylight conditions. But I'll come up with samples and let you decide.

Call: I'll again get back on this since I just got my micro sim and it's going to take another 4 hours to get on.

Overall: It's the best Sony Smartphone I've ever used. I love the minute details of the charger giving you an option to use 2 or 3 plugs.

I loved the glass material, makes it look very premium device. I bought in white and no fingerprints on the back can be seen at all. I've noticed the screen protection they give in the box are very fingerprint prone and I'm hating that but I'm just waiting to buy Glas.T.

Battery gets charged really quick. I used my Cooler master USB charger and it charged from 31% to 59% in just about 5-10mins. Between 5-10mins. About battery I'll come back in Part 2 but that's all I have to say about the battery for now.
I also noticed the flaps are very well covered with the rubber inside to avoid the water connection. Also they can be opened and closed very smoothly. It's not like those cheap devices. It's very premium.

And not only the flaps but the power button, it just makes you feel good when you press it. It's not hard or very smooth, it's very premium and nice. You can notice that Sony has very well put efforts in all the minute details.

The volume button is placed just below the power button and it's very much handy. Besides the placement of MicroSD & Sim, they're very much at their right place.

5inch? Well it really does not scare you if you coming from 4inch smartphone. It's so well crafted that it just makes you fall in love with the huge screen and as I said the display having 441ppi makes you even more fall in love with the size of the screen.

Notification light is small and nice. It just does it job well. Not much to really say about it. It would be nice if the length of the wire of the charger would be little more long but then it's alright. No complaints.

One last thing, the OS is very fluid but it does lag. I won't accept if anybody says it's a total lag free phone. I mean it does not remind you that it lags but a little glitch of lag is there around but you won't really notice because it's a very slight one. I'll only comment more on this once I use XZ for more days. Yet, it's lagfree but not 100%. I'll say 98% but there is 2% of lag.

Moreover I'm happy to switch from Arc S to XZ. It's a huge jump in terms of tech.

Finally I got XZ

I'll post pictures and camera samples soon

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 136137138 ... 220221222  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic