Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > The Official Camera Phone Shootout Competition January 2013 "Numbers"

Author The Official Camera Phone Shootout Competition January 2013 "Numbers"
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-01-30 03:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-01-29 14:32:26, mochuothp wrote:
too late for this month
but my vote is for Gaurulhos

Thanks For Reminder !
adriatic
C510 Silver
PM
Posted: 2013-01-30 12:59
etaab
adnansanni
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-01-31 10:55
7. pohuman
[ This Message was edited by: tranced on 2013-01-31 09:58 ]
..Adnan..
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2013-01-31 16:38
mlife
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2013-02-01 01:29
Hi all

Now voting closes officially. We have great pics containing numbers but one
stood out distinct. So all you people out there, put your hands together
with standing ovation for the winner who's number had been stretched
soooooooo long.....

9_Destiny - SAMSUNG GT-M8910

Original

VOTING RESULTS :-

This time we have total 22 votes in.

1. 9_Destiny - 9 Votes

[ Sean72, Ricky_D, mariozlp, pohuman,
tranced, Del, Felimenta97, Hobbs, etaab ]

2. mlife - 6 Votes
[ Xiaoness, hihihans, jorji, alenn, rikken,
ceaser2008 ]

3. etaab - 2 Votes
[ laffen, adriatic ]

4. alenn - 1 Votes
[ mlife ]

5. chunkybeats - 1 Votes
[ Guarulhos ]

6. Guarulhos - 1 Votes
[ mochuothp ]

7. Pohuman - 1 Vote
[ adnansanni ]

8. Sean72 - 1 Vote
[ chunkybeats ]

Congratulation 9_Destiny for winning the Official ESATO Monthly Camera
Phone Shootout Competition, Jan'13. Now it is your previllage to decide
next month theme and host it. You can start the next month shootout
whenever you are ready with it.

Thank you.
[ This Message was edited by: ceaser2008 on 2013-02-01 01:10 ]
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
xiaoness
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2013-02-01 03:45
Congratulations, 9_Destiny!
Celebrating all the wonderful women in our lives! Join March's Phone Shootout Competition!

N00b Mobile Photographer Extraordinaire!
|Sony Ericsson K750i|Sony Ericsson Aino
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-01 04:27
Wow congratulations on another win
Phone?? What phone??
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2013-02-01 04:29
I get that everyone wants to be all "artistic" and push boundaries and test limits and bait people like me into debate but C'MON.... Why even have a monthly "THEME" if half the time the "winning" image doesn't even adhere to the basic definition. I realize I sound like a total sore loser right now but when a picture of a blurred train wins the "numbers" theme I've gotta ask myself WTH is going on???

Don't get me wrong, 9_Destiny's image is amazing (and I mean you no disrespect) but I can't help but to wonder if because you couldn't find something with an actual number theme that you just used a great photo and tacked on some explanation as to how it related to numbers so it would/could pass as an entry.

I'm not saying the images submitted for the shootout aren't great images, cause most are.. and most are better than mine... but if you were to put some of the previous winning images in front of a total stranger and say "tell me what the theme was of this photo contest" I will bet that there is NO WAY they could do it. I'm sorry to be bringing this up now and making it sound as if I'm singling out 9_Destiny but its just frustrating.

My point being, if we are not going to produce images in line with what the previous months winner sets as a theme, why not just simply have a monthly photo contest (no theme)... it would (IMO) bring more entries and a greater diversity of images into the gallery. Additionally, it seems half the time when the new "theme" is announced, users proclaim that they won't be able to enter that month because the theme is too obscure, difficult or requires weather of a certain season.... removing the theme would remove any limitations or excuses for not being able to enter that month while still allow everyone to showcase their photos.

Just my .02, feel free to flame me all you want.

(hopefully no hard feelings 9_Destiny, just venting)

theme
/θim/ Show S[theem] Show IPA noun, adjective, verb, themed, them·ing.

noun
1. a subject of discourse, discussion, meditation, or composition; topic: The need for world peace was the theme of the meeting.
2. a unifying or dominant idea, motif, etc., as in a work of art.
3. a short, informal essay, especially a school composition.
4. Music.
a. a principal melodic subject in a musical composition.
b. a short melodic subject from which variations are developed.
5. Grammar . the element common to all or most of the forms of an inflectional paradigm, often consisting of a root with certain formative elements or modifications. Compare stem1 ( def 16 ) .

p.s. CONGRATS ON THE WIN 9_Destiny... I really do like your photo. [addsig]
mochuothp
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2013-02-01 04:56

On 2013-02-01 04:29:42, mlife wrote:
I get that everyone wants to be all "artistic" and push boundaries and test limits and bait people like me into debate but C'MON.... Why even have a monthly "THEME" if half the time the "winning" image doesn't even adhere to the basic definition. I realize I sound like a total sore loser right now but when a picture of a blurred train wins the "numbers" theme I've gotta ask myself WTH is going on???

Don't get me wrong, 9_Destiny's image is amazing (and I mean you no disrespect) but I can't help but to wonder if because you couldn't find something with an actual number theme that you just used a great photo and tacked on some explanation as to how it related to numbers so it would/could pass as an entry.

I'm not saying the images submitted for the shootout aren't great images, cause most are.. and most are better than mine... but if you were to put some of the previous winning images in front of a total stranger and say "tell me what the theme was of this photo contest" I will bet that there is NO WAY they could do it. I'm sorry to be bringing this up now and making it sound as if I'm singling out 9_Destiny but its just frustrating.

My point being, if we are not going to produce images in line with what the previous months winner sets as a theme, why not just simply have a monthly photo contest (no theme)... it would (IMO) bring more entries and a greater diversity of images into the gallery. Additionally, it seems half the time when the new "theme" is announced, users proclaim that they won't be able to enter that month because the theme is too obscure, difficult or requires weather of a certain season.... removing the theme would remove any limitations or excuses for not being able to enter that month while still allow everyone to showcase their photos.

+1
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-02-01 07:47
Congratulations 9_Destiny

@mlife, I do agree but to a certain limit. I wanted a number visible, it was visible though required a second look.
I take your comments to months to come and will be strickt in valid/unvalid.
9_Destiny
HTC One
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-02-01 12:05
Sorry mlife but I don’t agree with your point of view. Numbers of that bus are visible, especially when you click into the picture. I guess that people who voted on my pic had no problems with recognizing at least one of that figures. In other words I think (and not only me) that my picture meets the requirements of the competition.

When I saw theme opened by hihihans I knew that my concept will be based on LED numbers situated on the back of the buses. It wasn’t easy to capture such shot but I had a hope that it could be something far different from other entries. I’m always trying to put something called by you as 'artistic' in my pictures and I don’t want to change it.

I also guess that you are frustrated cos if not that bus your wine story would be the first and that is the main reason why you’ve put that post.

Thx 4 votes and positive feedback guys.

Here is link to February's theme

@ Ricky D – yes you are right about speed of that bus. I'm impressed. Well done.
[ This Message was edited by: 9_Destiny on 2013-02-01 11:09 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic