Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > iPhone wouldn€t be possible without Samsung patents

Author iPhone wouldn€t be possible without Samsung patents
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2012-11-23 10:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The chief executive of Samsung Electronics has expressed confidence about the ongoing patent battle with Apple, saying that no smartpohone can exist without patents from Korea’s technology giants.

The truth never lies. Without Samsung-owned wireless patents, it’s impossible for the Cupertino-based Apple to produce its handsets,’’ said Samsung’s mobile chief Shin Jong-kyun in a brief meeting with local reporters on his way to the company’s main office in downtown Seoul, Wednesday.As you know, Samsung is very strong in terms of portfolios of wireless patents,’’ the executive added.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/11/133_125191.html
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-11-23 13:35
I think this would probably apply to most mobile OEMs. They all own huge portfolios, whether built or acquired.

Samsung is very bullish, it doesn't look like it will be taking any crap from Apple and January will be an important month for both.
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2012-11-23 18:07
I like the way Samsung is fighting back its about time Apple is brought down from its high horse.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-11-23 21:43
At the end of the whole process its just waffle though.

Even if Samsung own a patent that could in theory stop Apple selling any devices, i dont think any country would allow them to do so. That would be unfair monopolisation of the market.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-23 21:46
Don't mess with Koreans Good job Samsung don't come from North Korea They would nuke Apple
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-11-23 21:51
Thats a bit of bad taste humor right there. I hope nobody from North Korea is reading this.

Hang on, isnt the internet banned in North Korea.. ?
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi