Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 14:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^Even if the label would be Sony Ericsson instead of Sony, these fanboys would be more hesitant about the design.
If one day Ericsson would announce a perfect balanced phone with just the right dimensions, design, specifications and well priced I would laugh myself to death. Sadly I think that after the buyout that would be impossible in legal terms also.
I don't want any misunderstanding, I'm not against Sony, I consider Sony mobile the successor of Sony Ericsson, the only problem they seems that want to abandon that heritage. I always used Sony Ericsson and Ericsson phones, but untill now none of Sony's recent models convinced me.
After the big bang of K750 and K800 it's shame that Nokia is leading the cameraphone segment, and I see lot more chances that Samsung would launch a killer cameraphone before Sony. The Xperia Z is meant to be the high-end cameraphone for now, but it's camera performance doesn't shows anything outstanding. No problem, last year everybody was waiting for 2013's models. Everybody said that 2012 models are just modest because they aren't only Sony's product (even if the omniscient Sony is failing in software development and they "still" need Lund's contribution). Now we are waiting for One Sony, ray3 (which, I say, would have no chance without Xenon flash this time), and if these won't meet the expectations, we will say: No problem! Next year! I think it's funny that some people here are already rumoring about 2014's specs, and phones, while even half of 2013 haven't even passed.
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2013-05-15 13:52 ]
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 14:56
Nothing wrong with mentioning rumours of 2014. No-one takes them to be fact, so it's not like anyone is being mislead.

I wonder if we'll see a new os this year. I know 'vita is a waste of money' comments are coming, but if Samsung now has Tizen, and Sony had a headstart, maybe a Sony os is ready too? Maybe it's a mystery project?
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 15:00
@puestadelsol:
I didn't know much about SE nor K750 or K800 in that time, so i have no comment
The Xperia Z is a decent phone with good camera, but the camera software is not well optimized. But the recent firmware update just solve it, check the response from other XZ owners
The design of XZ, the XS, XT and the Arc always have unique design language and you can see the differences every year. If you don't like it, its your opinion
Lastly, what do you expect when you come to to a "Rumors" topic? ...... and told us not to talk about rumors of Future devices??
I also hope the One Sony will be a killer phone that combine the best of Sony, but I'm still looking forward for next year device (is it ok Sir? )

@mediar: I love the Sharp Phablet and we did not say anything bad about that device, so keep calm and leave, please
[ This Message was edited by: stedus on 2013-05-15 14:06 ]
MartenR
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 15:05
@puestadelsol
I don't get whats wrong with relying on Lund for software development. Lund is now part of Sony so saying they rely on Lund is like relying on their own.
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 15:14
@ puestadelsol

design (external aesthetics) is purely subjective in my opinion, only replied to mediar because his post was wrong since they were talking about the phone not the tablet mediar posted.

Anyway I understand you've been waiting for something from sony that will be like the k750 of the old days, but please don't generalize people who post here with:

Now we are waiting for One Sony, ray3 (which, I say, would have no chance without Xenon flash this time), and if these won't meet the expectations, we will say: No problem! Next year!

me personally I'd give Sony a chance to come back up to 2014, they just bought Ericsson, also have gone through changes with the new CEO Kaz. If by 2014 they don't produce something that I would like while other manufacturers make something that I will like then I'll go look at their products, don't get me wrong though, for me there's three things why I like Sony mobile right now: build quality, design and it's nicely made UI (functionality wise) together with the walkman app. Those things I just don't see with other manufacturers, samsung just does not appeal to me, also their software for me is just gimmicky, HTC seems good but Sony also does everything an HTC does with Sony having better build quality. Nokia? no just no, WP is as bad as IOS, can't even send a picture or music through bluetooth? now that's just ridiculous, and I use that feature often.

Anyway you seem to be concerned more in camera quality, so why don't try Nokia? We all are free to choose what we buy, so we can't really force a company to make this and make that. btw the Xperia Z is not primarily marketed as a camera eccentric device, it features a camera with HDR and other software goodies, it's not like Nokia wherein they literally advertised the 808 and the new lumias as a camera eccentric device with words like "pureview" to promote their products.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-05-15 14:20 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 15:31
@stedus:
I meant some of us are already waiting 2014 devices because even if there are some devices for this year we don't know, it seems that either this year we won't see any more groundbraking than Z.
I love the arc design too, and that was outstanding in the Xperia arc, but T, TX, V, and especially J, E, and L are almost identical. The last "original" new design was the NXT one presented with X S, which is special, esthetic, but it doesn't much everybody's taste. Even I wouldn't use the S/P/U -even if I think that P is the most well balanced Xperia for now in size, specifications, and price.

@MartenR:
I think it's normal. Just as I feel lots of fanboys and even Sony don't want to recognize Lund's contribution. I think Sony mobile in present form would be nowhere without SonyEricsson and Ericsson, but here lots are waiting for the miracle from Japan. We can say that Sony was stingy with it's technoligies in the last years because the joint venture, but it wasn't more generous even with it's recent devices. The Xperia Z may deliver the best of the Sony, but it doesn't brings any more significant technology for users than say the Oppo find. Just it's price tag it's the double and it's wearing the Sony label. I haven't bought and won't buy either in the future a phone for a logo, or brand (Whether it is Sony or Apple). I haven't had lots of SE phone because of the liquid identity logo, I bought it because of the specifications, the experience, and for that plus wich I found untill now just in Sony Ericsson phones, but I can't find in recent Xperia models.
MartenR
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 15:37
Hope they use IGZO. Just saw an IGZO TV in a Sharp showroom and it was just WOW.
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 15:45
@puestadelsol: I see your point the Arc was one of the best phone I used to have
There are still good devices coming from Sony this year aka Togary and the One Sony, the One Sony might be a game changer with good spec and build quality, that what im looking for by the end of Summer
I also agree that the NXT design is not that good compare to the Arc, but they were able to stay away from "Iphone Copycat", that's the main point I like about Sony
They have done it better in this year with the XZ, the design is stunning and totally different from the 2012 range
Maybe they might change the design language next year again

If you still interest in Sony device, please wait for the Honami and then judge i believe it will be a great device like the XZ
[ This Message was edited by: stedus on 2013-05-15 14:47 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 16:16

I was comparing these two, blind lover

You posted the tablet, that I didn't comment upon simply because it's not ugly like the phone.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-05-15 15:19 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 17:01

On 2013-05-15 14:44:23, puestadelsol wrote:
^Even if the label would be Sony Ericsson instead of Sony, these fanboys would be more hesitant about the design.
If one day Ericsson would announce a perfect balanced phone with just the right dimensions, design, specifications and well priced I would laugh myself to death. Sadly I think that after the buyout that would be impossible in legal terms also.
I don't want any misunderstanding, I'm not against Sony, I consider Sony mobile the successor of Sony Ericsson, the only problem they seems that want to abandon that heritage. I always used Sony Ericsson and Ericsson phones, but untill now none of Sony's recent models convinced me.
After the big bang of K750 and K800 it's shame that Nokia is leading the cameraphone segment, and I see lot more chances that Samsung would launch a killer cameraphone before Sony. The Xperia Z is meant to be the high-end cameraphone for now, but it's camera performance doesn't shows anything outstanding. No problem, last year everybody was waiting for 2013's models. Everybody said that 2012 models are just modest because they aren't only Sony's product (even if the omniscient Sony is failing in software development and they "still" need Lund's contribution). Now we are waiting for One Sony, ray3 (which, I say, would have no chance without Xenon flash this time), and if these won't meet the expectations, we will say: No problem! Next year! I think it's funny that some people here are already rumoring about 2014's specs, and phones, while even half of 2013 haven't even passed.
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2013-05-15 13:52 ]

Nail on the head!! I actually brought this up just before the Z&ZL were released, people were already over the 1H 2013 range and were talking about 2H flagship, almost as if the Z&ZL had tanked. It's been a trend since last year, same thing happened, but we were told that those phones were not true Sony phones and so on and so forth.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 17:14
Here we go, the samsung troll is back

He is so insecure lately that he has to daily read all Sony related threads and reply too
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-05-15 16:17 ]
SEXperiaPro
Sony Xperia Acro S
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 17:25
He is very concerned about Sony

How many phones we got left for this year, just 3 ?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 17:37
Yea he's a sony fanboy in the closet

For this year, AFAIK 6 phones left.

- Togari Phablet
- Honami i1
- C190X
- ODM Mediatek Quad A7 device
- Ray 3
- Mystery S800 device
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-05-15 16:38 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 17:42

On 2013-05-15 17:14:14, randomuser wrote:
Here we go, the samsung troll is back

He is so insecure lately that he has to daily read all Sony related threads and reply too
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-05-15 16:17 ]

but I read and reply on BB, iPhone, LG, HTC and Nokia threads to, I must be insecure about all of them I guess I must be a closet fan of every brand then we are going by that incredible logic of yours, rather stick to posting rumours bud.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 551552553 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic