Previous  123 ... 467468469 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-04-20 18:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-04-20 18:30:52, aamwng wrote:
Bit OT, but this will hopefully explain why Sony messed up JB updates on 2012 devices. QUOTED FROM ZOMG

"Well here's the problem with updates.

Last year the JB updates for Xperia S/SL/Acro S/Ion, P/Go, J, T/TL/V/TX were planned for Q4 and then T/TL/V/TX would skip 4.2 and jump straight to 5.0, however this plan was made by SMC Lund. Since then SMC Tokyo who have absolutely zero expertise in this process began meddling in an effort to expand their influence and try and bring software development back "home" to Japan even though they are an unproven team with no experience and SMC Lund is basically the best OEM Android developer.

So Tokyo basically told Lund to prioritise the 4.2.1 update for Xperia Z/ZL over all the others and that they would handle the updates for 2012 Xperia phones except Xperia T/TL which was running on Krait like Z/ZL. So Lund delayed their T/TL 4.1.2 roll out by two months and got to work on the Z 4.2.1 update (now 4.2.2). They finished both projects on time, with T/TL/V getting JB in January and TX in March. The Z/ZL 4.2.2 update is finished and just sitting there doing f**k all right now. The problem is that Tokyo took over development of Xperia S/SL/Acro S/Ion and P/Go. They f**ked up. So Lund have had to step in and fix all of the problems, but head office says all phones must be on 4.1 before they start the 4.2 roll out, basically they are covering their own arses and forcing Lund not to release 4.2.2 earlier than Tokyo could get 4.1.2 out for their devices.

The worst part is that SMC Lund had a plan to get early 2012 devices updated by November and then EOL their support to lessen the 2013 load. With Tokyo's f**k ups now devices from over a year ago are having to be supported as an extra for Lund as well as development of software for upcoming devices (phablet is a big one taken over by Lund as it requires highly custom software for accurate pen input and multi-window apps etc...). This will lead to delays for 5.0 at Sony because Lund don't have the manpower and Tokyo don't have the competence. I know this for a fact because the 5.0 PDK has been delivered already but no devices have been moved over to the 5.0 stream even though Z/ZL were supposed to shift by now and T/TL/V/TX by the end of the month.

Basically the problems are internal company politics and Tokyo thinking they are better than Lund when it is clear that this is not true. It may be one day, but for now and the foreseeable future Lund is going to be the number one developer within Sony and Tokyo need to let them take the software lead and stop meddling. The best think Kaz and Suzuki did for Xperia was keep Lund open as the centre for software development, now they need to back Lund internally."

Funny how Sony (in this case, tokyo base) is alway f*cking up because of their pride and arrogance. Really need to change their attitude, they are no longer top of the game... :S
[ This Message was edited by: aamwng on 2013-04-20 17:34 ]

SONY SHOULD STOP BEING ARROGANT PRICKS
MartenR
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-04-20 19:42
Another missed opportunity.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2013-04-20 20:12
If anyone remembers sonicstage from sony, then tokyo screwing up the firmware for the xperias is not a surprise. I will laugh if my galaxy S2, get's 4.2.2 before any sony device, even the Z, or even my 7.7 tablet which is ages old.

I do hope that the phablet ships with 5.0, because I feel the note 3 will ship with 5.0.
MartenR
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-04-20 20:16
OT
Can someone please give a link for forums about Xperia on neogaf. I just can find http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543528
I'm using an 4 yo htc touch viva with outdated browser and I'm unable to browse the web properly.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-20 20:25
Well, I hate to say it, but I was right once again! Just look at my signature! I wrote it an year ago, you blamed me for being a hater, but it seems I was once again ( as always ) the one who is right! It is the stupid f*ckin weird japanese Sony that f*cked up everything and destroyed Xperia's premium reputation that took so long for Sony Ericsson to build!

"Ericsson should quit" they said! "It'll get better" the said! - Bullsh*t! Not only it won't get better, but I'm sure it'll get even worse. Much worse! Remember my words, because my predictions seem to be more accurate than randomuser's fan dreams!

"The current Xperias are designed by the same team that created the 2011 Xperias" ( actually the last good Sony/Ericsson phones and the one I love so much ) - Bullsh*t! Just read the text.

"One Sony will be something amazing and a radical change and major step forward for Sony" - Bullsh*t! ZOMG said it with simple words - "Lund don't have the manpower and Tokyo don't have the competence" aka another big failure, as were S and Z.

If it wasn't Sony and their crew, full of idiots, taking only stupid decisions, Sony Ericsson would be in much better position now! Their marketing approach in 2011 was perfect and it's a shame for Sony for introducing once again the internal fights they were known for. They even planned moving the entire development to SMC Tokio, which will be a total disaster! Just imagine everything at Sony Mobile happening at the same speed as the development of Xperia S' JB update.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2013-04-20 20:10 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Detox
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-04-20 20:45

"The best think Kaz and Suzuki did for Xperia was keep Lund open as the centre for software development, now they need to back Lund internally."

Let's hope for the best.

On 2013-04-20 20:16:26, MartenR wrote:
OT
Can someone please give a link for forums about Xperia on neogaf. I just can find http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543528
I'm using an 4 yo htc touch viva with outdated browser and I'm unable to browse the web properly.

Dafuq did I just see ? Click on the link :
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519906
[ This Message was edited by: Detox on 2013-04-20 19:50 ]
Phones:
W800i | K800i | K850i | W902 | Xperia S | Xperia Z1 Compact | Xperia Z5 Compact | Xperia XZ1 Compact
Firmwares:
R1AA008 | R1CB001 | R1EA031 | R3EA037 | 6.2.B.1.96 | 14.4.A.0.157 | 32.4.A.1.54 | 47.2.A.11.228
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-20 21:10

The best think Kaz and Suzuki did for Xperia was keep Lund open as the centre for software development, now they need to back Lund internally.

And the worst Sony did was buying Sony Ericsson.
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-04-21 00:25

On 2013-04-20 20:25:36, mediar wrote:

Well, I hate to say it, but I was right once again! Just look at my signature! I wrote it an year ago, you blamed me for being a hater, but it seems I was once again ( as always ) the one who is right! It is the stupid f*ckin weird japanese Sony that f*cked up everything and destroyed Xperia's premium reputation that took so long for Sony Ericsson to build!

Destroyed Xperia's premium reputation?
Hahahahaha. You live in a strange world. I do seem to recall the Xperia Z being known as one of the more premium handsets made this year. Superb build quality, excellent minimalistic design. No glossy plastic. Highly durable all-glass design. The sales figures the Xperia Z has managed is a testament to this.

And you act like Sony made no contributions to the Sony Ericsson partnership.

"Ericsson should quit" they said! "It'll get better" the said! - Bullsh*t! Not only it won't get better, but I'm sure it'll get even worse. Much worse! Remember my words, because my predictions seem to be more accurate than randomuser's fan dreams!

Worse in what context? Slower updates? Maybe you're right about that. I hope for the sake of competition that you're wrong. It seems to me, though, that you WANT things to get worse.

"The current Xperias are designed by the same team that created the 2011 Xperias" ( actually the last good Sony/Ericsson phones and the one I love so much ) - Bullsh*t! Just read the text.

What text? I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Besides, only the Arc and Ray were good-looking from 2011. The rest I could take or leave. The Xperia S and Ion were also damn good-looking. The Xperia GX and the Japan only Xperia SX were also pretty fantastic from a design perspective. I'm not really sure what you're trying to argue here. The Xperia Z has been noted among critics from having a beautifully elegant, minimalistic design. The Xperia SP doesn't look half bad either.
Your design preferences aren't gospel and nobody is obligated to design phones the way you want them. If you want something your way, why don't you go out and actually do it.

"One Sony will be something amazing and a radical change and major step forward for Sony" - Bullsh*t! ZOMG said it with simple words - "Lund don't have the manpower and Tokyo don't have the competence" aka another big failure, as were S and Z.

Yes you and ZOMG are right......on the software front. The hardware however, has seen dramatic improvement. In any case, in terms of sales, the Z could hardly be called a failure. 4 million sales within a month or so of release? That's rather exception if you ask me. Especially when you lack the brand recognition Samsung has.

If it wasn't Sony and their crew, full of idiots, taking only stupid decisions, Sony Ericsson would be in much better position now! Their marketing approach in 2011 was perfect and it's a shame for Sony for introducing once again the internal fights they were known for. They even planned moving the entire development to SMC Tokio, which will be a total disaster! Just imagine everything at Sony Mobile happening at the same speed as the development of Xperia S' JB update.

Better position? In what sense? I can safely say that the current marketing is far better than in 2011. I had not once seen an ad on UK Television, for the Xperia Arc or Ray. Those were the 2011 flagships. However, I've seen numerous ads for the Xperia Z. In fact the Z is so popular its being advertised by British Mobile Carriers! Something that neither the 2011 or 2012 flagships, aside from the Xperia T (because Bond), had the distinction of achieving.

Sony made some mistakes. I'll give you that. I say they made a mistake with the Z's display. The Software front has been a mess. Personally, it wasn't particularly brilliant back in 2010 or 2011 either, but it has taken a turn for the worse. I hope that Sony respond to these problems and resolve them. Because its better for the industry, that Sony competes well.

No company is perfect. HTC designed a fantastic phone but crippled it with a useless camera and have repeatedly squandered their brand recognition before the Galaxy SII came along. Samsung seem to be fixated on adding more without any refinement. The GSII looked fantastic, but then the SIII came out and looked fugly. Then the SIV was announced and looks like either an enlarged SIII or a shrunken Note II (I understand their desire for consistency, but they need a good design before they can do that). Apple failed to adapt to a changing industry, they themselves created and have relied upon brand recognition to shift units. LG.....well they're LG. Motorola hasn't really done anything since Google acquired them, they've put out decent handsets, but nothing amazing.

Sony definitely ain't perfect (well they're blowing people away with their Camera division). But I want them to do well for the industry. For competition. And you should too.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2013-04-20 23:59 ]
jianlin
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-04-21 01:58

On 2013-04-20 20:12:06, ascariss wrote:
If anyone remembers sonicstage from sony, then tokyo screwing up the firmware for the xperias is not a surprise. I will laugh if my galaxy S2, get's 4.2.2 before any sony device, even the Z, or even my 7.7 tablet which is ages old.

I do hope that the phablet ships with 5.0, because I feel the note 3 will ship with 5.0.

of cause note 3 with 5.0 ....samsung always ship their flagship with latest android unlike sony..
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-04-21 03:06
LOL Mediar the nonsense shit came back!
He's is probably an unhappy 2011 user that Sony didn't bother to upgrade to JB. Most funny thing, after Sony abandoned the 2011 phones, their sales increased. LOL!

Anyways, not updating phones will NEVER EVER AFFECT SALES FIGURES. 99% of customers DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANDROID UPGRADES, SCREEN VIEWINGS ANGLES OR WHETHER THERE'S A S600 CPU. Cut the crap with all these nonsense.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-21 03:28
@mediar

You seem to take personal pleasure in negative news surrounding SMC and you have a very open and obvious vindictive and vengeful tone when you talk about it. Did you lose something when Ericsson's share was bought by Sony? Perhaps your job? Perhaps a market for those apps and themes (which aren't really very good anyway in my opinion) you wrote for the old SE feature phones? Did you life fall apart when you got let go? Your wife leave you and take your kids because you were unemployed? These would be acceptable excuses to have a negative personal feeling towards the Sony take over, but nothing excuses the expression of your personal feelings through racist undertoned outright bashing.

Feel the room, we all here were having polite conversation. No-one here has extreme prejudice against Sony and their actions and no-one here wants to listen to yours. Take it somewhere else.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2013-04-21 02:29 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
sighduck
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-04-21 03:54
Complete nonsense being posted by mediar. Sony Mobile successfully pulled Xperia back into mainstream relevance and was the 3rd biggest selling smartphone company last year and in 2013. That's with the help of good hardware know-how by Sony, I doubt Sony Ericsson would have been able to design and precision engineer a smartphone like the ZL and Z. Since you're taking zomg's word for gospel, you should know that he also implied that only Sony's hardware engineers could get that sort of hardware and precision manufacturing into the ZL. The only problem here is Sony Tokyo's overestimating their capability in developing their mobile software. And I do blame Sony for that. However, you can't ignore the strides Sony Mobile has made, especially in hardware, since parting ways with Ericsson
NoTnERb
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-21 04:30
If there's one thing that i learned from browsing forums, it's to stop feeding the trolls, that's how they survive guys.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-04-21 06:09

On 2013-04-21 04:30:22, NoTnERb wrote:
If there's one thing that i learned from browsing forums, it's to stop feeding the trolls, that's how they survive guys.

Exactly. Yet another page wasted.
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-04-21 06:50
Without captain the ship never reaches its place and been surrounded by mini pirates,I feel this thread is being most bored these days,filled with spams and bashes.

let me remind you guys whoever not interested please move out of this forum,dont dilute this forum with unwanted repeated questions and spams
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 467468469 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic