Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 13:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-09-25 10:56:12, nodarsixar wrote:
sony next flagship has flexible screen?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcAm3KihFho

No.
If they were going to do that, they would have done it years ago. That video is from 2007
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 13:47
May I suggest we don't continue with any political mudslinging.
milukugiuniu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 13:48

On 2013-09-25 12:54:05, Shotokan81 wrote:
What is going on, did I miss something?

The guy just said that 8m people is a small market.

When I think I used to worry about the fact that VAIO tap may be off topic because it is x86 and not ARM/Xperia branded!!!

I'll skip Z1 and get Tap 11 instead.
XperiaCute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 13:48

couple of new walkman players with ( Hi-Resolution audio playback )

Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 14:50
I'm still hoping for a 4:3 android tab from Sony. Or a phone with a different USP, even if it's a mid-end.

Off-topic - I feel compelled to clean up slanders.

On 2013-09-25 10:30:32, amirprog wrote:

On 2013-09-24 21:25:23, Away wrote:

On 2013-09-24 17:55:27, amirprog wrote:
generally, i think success comes a lot from marketing. i am from Israel, and i can say that sony marketing here is SHIT! there's almost NO advertisements for sony products on the media here! even though israel is MEGA ULTRA SUPER HUGE mobile phone country. israelis are obsessed with smartphones. all people here got at least one cell phone from young kids to really old people.

Seems like Israelians over-estimate the place they are currently possessing. With a population of 8m, I think Sony's efforts are much better spent elsewhere.

And didn't Sony say they were eventually going to get round to the USA? I thought they meant at the time of the Z1, but oh well.

i don't like to go off topic but what a bold and pathetic comment you made here. any person with a brain knows we obviously don't posses anything. Israel was is and forever will be our home. dream on and keep living in denial, OR you have a choice to open the history books including the bible and educate yourself about the facts first, then we'll see if you post your pathetic bold comment here and make fun of yourself again.

about sony, you are clueless and have no clue at marketing. samsung is smart enough to market here and all around the world, i applaud to them. sony's marketing is weak all over the world. i think they have good marketing only in japan and india it seems, outside of playstation brand. you are trying to make it sound like they are not marketing good only in Israel, which is another false point you tried to make.
why do i even bother replying to your comment hehe.

[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2013-09-25 09:34 ]

The arrogance people show over MAN-MADE boundaries, especially millennia old, out dated ones, and people prepared to oppress people TODAY for them. And NO, it's not defending your 'homeland' if it was stolen just a few decades ago, a bastard (in it's literal meaning, metaphorically [wait, what?]) creation of a fling between the USA and Britain. Just because the Murdoch media agrees with you, the 10s of UN resolutions against Israel don't. Iraq was invaded on account of just 2 (though I must verify this number).

Anyway, I won't hijack this thread like Israel hijacked a country, feel free to PM me instead.

Back ON-TOPIC

Where have I said Sony have good marketing? Not the first time you've made stuff up.

In my opinion, all Sony need to do to vastly improve their sales are posters of a Z1 in a fishbowl.

Sony don't have the marketing dollars of Samsung and Apple though.
[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-09-25 13:57 ]
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 16:19
I feel that this will not be unanswered, and could go on and on.

Independently of what anyone could personally think, I wish we could stick to phones, tablets (and please let's not rule out taps) discussions.

I want to thank all the Japanese and Chinese people on the thread for having been friendly with each other so far and stick to the topic, peacefully.
That's the way to go and a good example!!
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 16:44
Indeed stick to topic
This is not a political forum.
iEducateYou
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 16:49
Offtopic: Honestly, it would benefit this thread, esato and all the posters here if we can stop touching any subject that would divide us and bring animosity. Everyone has a different point of view due to their unique experiences in life and we cannot, no matter how hard we try, we cannot ever be truly in the same shoes they are. Therefore, it would be naive to discuss such matters since this not the place nor the time for us to delve into topics unrelated to this thread. Our love of Sony and Sony-Ericsson brought us here and lets keep it that way.

Ontopic: I do have a question though. If Sony does not have 'enough money' for ads or marketing in large markets, how will their products ever get exposure. If they don't get exposure, the media, average person and most of our friends will have no interest in Sony products. Its a bad circle to be in. With less exposure, less products will be sold, bringing in even less money. The management in Sony really needs to be fixed because its so frustrating for Sony fans in market with less marketing. It is true that Europe, China and India probably have bigger markets, however the US, North America are equally important and still are quite big. Moreover, compared to China/India, there is more disposable income and thus more premium and flagship phones will be sold in the US bringing in more gross sale. I would also like to figure out why we cant get all the nice things manufacturers (especially Asian) offer to their home countries. It would be great to have additional benefits in hardware/software for everyone all over the world, producing a truly dominant smartphone.
Waiting for Z1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!
Xperia X10 | Samsung S2 | Nokia 925 | Samsung S4 | Nokia 1020
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 17:23
to "away" and that other one that think Israel "stole" this land. please, do yourself a favour and stop talking nonsense/lie. again, open the history books and the bible and then i want to see if you say the same. dig deep deep down and look who were here first. you clearly didn't. and don't tell me that you are fed by the media! lol media tells half truth and show the side they want to promote. if you seek the truth learn about the truth. i have nothing to PM you about. and you know why? just because you said what you said how you said it - educated person would not say the words you said, so i have nothing to argue about with uneducated person. go learn the truth. i won't comment any more on this off topic and i'm not the one who brought this off topic here. read again the first message "away" replied to me twice if you don't understand why i replied to his off topic. DONE.

on topic, i think that sony is on one hand relying on it's brand, cause they do manufacture quality products overall over many years, and they are just waking back up (i loved my w800i back in the day! omg color walkman screen - i shitted my pants! haha) from their sleep in terms of mobile flagships, so it's understandable, but on the other hand more marketing can't harm their brand right? so they need to spend more money on it, especially in the usa and other bigger regions.
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 17:58
A long post, Sony related and my most probably just my insight on how will future Xperias be, please correct me if there are mistakes here in my post.

Personally I think the one to blame for Sony's downfall was the previous CEO of Sony Mr. Howard Stringer.

During the days of Stringer, I would say there was no innovation from Sony, with the biggest fail of trying to sell the PS3 initially at a loss. I mean from a business point of view who would do that? Manufacture something and sell it for a loss? Each part of Sony was a one man team, one would think the expertise of one particular product of Sony would make it to it's other products but it did not happen during the previous years.

It was just until Kazuo Hirai became CEO that things started to look good for Sony, During the start of Hirai, the PS3 was redesigned and a newer manufacturing process made manufacturing the PS3 much more affordable to Sony. The original PS3 had a PS2 motherboard and costly ARM chips making it very expensive to manufacture.

So they removed the PS2 motherboard in it, making it cheaper, and was priced more competitively, finally giving Sony income. Still the damage was huge to Sony, Hirai sold it's US headquarters and then it's Tokyo office building in a 60/40 split to be able to turn an operating profit this fiscal year. Finally they wanted to bring an end to four successive years of losses. Source

So now where does that leave us? Sony acquired Ericsson, also afaik Sony also bought part of Olympus, this is all according to Kazuo Hirai's plan and philosophy of "one Sony".

Truth is we are just starting to see where Sony will go and if they will succeed. One thing I can say is that currently they are on the right track. The firmware updates that was highly complained about was already fixed. Sony has given timely updates on Android lately.

Now Z Ultra and Z1 are equipped with Triluminous screens, Z Ultra has one of the best screens now on the market. Z1 still has some complaints of inconsistent screen quality although in the future this will most likely be addressed.

Both ZU and Z1 now have the latest processors, unlike during they were lagging behind, so overall I would say Sony is improving.

In my opinion it takes time to bring back a company that was at a loss for 4 consecutive years which had somehow survived to be able to bring it back to life.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-09-25 17:39 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 19:54
@reeflotz
nice post. you mentioned the z1 screen. i think that only when sony will adopt IPS screen (like the one in iphone 5s and g2) they will be able to improve the quality. IPS is overall the best. good natural colors as well as good viewing angles. i really hope they will implement it with triluminos for their next flagships.

btw, anyone got a clue what kind of screens the z1 is using? please answer only if you know for sure.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2013-09-25 18:55 ]
MartenR
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 20:35
^ IPS, actually tft IPS just every other IPS display.
@ Japanes guys How badly do you think Japanese economy downturn in Q3 and Q4 going to hurt Sony? and after that how is the sales tax hike going to affect Sony's sales?
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 20:48

On 2013-09-25 20:35:38, MartenR wrote:
^ IPS, actually tft IPS just every other IPS display.

can you elaborate? i mean, obviously the iphone 5s and the g2 uses different kind of IPS screen then the z1 is using, otherwise the z1 would have better viewing angles.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2013-09-25 19:48 ]
MartenR
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 21:29
^I don't know the technical details.
@insiders Will we see Crystal-LED display in mobile devices? It seemed the most promising display tech. Considering it is hard to produce it in high pixel density is there any possibility we'll see it on a less pixel dense premium handset like Z1 mini?
iEducateYou
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 21:48
@amirprog
From what I remember awhile back, the high quality panels would use S-PVA, not the IPS like in competitors and Tablet Z. It is definitely not IPS as you can clearly see the difference between competitors.

Difference is contrast ratio is higher and has faster response time for PVA, while viewing angle is slightly higher for IPS. There does not seem to be a clear cut 'better' screen, however, apparently the tech society now prefers to have wide viewing angles over contrast ratio and response time.

DACHA mentioned the panels in Z1 could possibly even use S-PLS or AH-IPS (which are possibly the best types of panels out there), which you can find more info about here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki[....]nsistor_liquid-crystal_display
Waiting for Z1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!
Xperia X10 | Samsung S2 | Nokia 925 | Samsung S4 | Nokia 1020
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic