What we know so far about Z2

5.2 inch 1080p Triluminos
MSM8974AB 2.3 ghz
3 GB RAM
20.7 MP camera
4K Video Capture

So basically a minor upgrade to Z1
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-11 08:25 ]

yeah, agreed. and that writer needs to pay attention to his writings before he post them.... he writes " 4K resolution display, 5.4 inches powered with IGZO+" in the same sentence while obviously he didn't mean the z2 display will be 4k which is of course can't be true and silly, so in the points he should have to corrected it to"4k resolution camera..." or "video recording for 4k resolution tv display..."
i disagree about "minor upgrades" since we almost know nothing about the z2 yet.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2013-09-11 08:44 ]
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 09:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@unknownC151A

I've seen some comparisons also. But I've seen full resolutions low light/twilight shots as well. I also know that you have to try personally the camera to find the best possible setting for low light shots -for example manual mode without scene in the case of Xperia ray, sports mode with increased Ev with K850, etc. But full resulotion low light shots are just horrible with Z1.
I would be curious if it would be a comparison with 2008-2009 camera flagships, which one would perform better.

Regarding to my critics I'm just not biased. Unfortunately I criticize Sony, because I see improvements just on paper and list of empty, meaningless brandings. You cannot accuse me of being a Samsung or Apple fan, because regarding Sony Ericsson, I'm still affected the most by Sony, but I just don't like overall the way how Sony approaches the features, specifications, size, price and in some way the design of their phones. I know that their design is still unique, but in the past they were matchless also in presenting many unique designs, not just one/year.
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 09:58

Regarding to my critics I'm just not biased. Unfortunately I criticize Sony, because I see improvements just on paper and list of empty, meaningless brandings. You cannot accuse me of being a Samsung or Apple fan, because regarding Sony Ericsson, I'm still affected the most by Sony, but I just don't like overall the way how Sony approaches the features, specifications, size, price and in some way the design of their phones. I know that their design is still unique, but in the past they were matchless also in presenting many unique designs, not just one/year.

So, it's not ok for Sony to price its phone comparable to Samsung's?
So you're telling me that Sammy's plastic "pebble" design is out of the world or can you tell whether HTC One with the "premium" frame, is selling very well? Sony strategy worked. They have been selling more than ever after stepping out of their old ways. If you're not used to the new direction Sony is heading towards, my suggestion is for you to switch to Samsung, for you to admire its stunning pebble design, never changed after Apple sued them.

What do you mean specifications? When Sony placed the S4 SOC on the Xperia Z, you moaned. When they placed the latest S800 CPU, you made even louder noise. You want OIS? Sony can put it, and the thicker frame with the already huge sensor will scare off customers.

I know there's an urge for you to attack Sony at every opportunity, but unfortunately, it simply won't work. Sony already sells more smartphones compared to poor boys, HTC, BB, and Nokia.

Remember, (and I have mentioned this plenty of times) general consumers don't care about OIS, what variant of SOC is included( the MSM8974AB and MSM8974 made me laugh hard), whether there's a freaking Xenon flash or image quality (and btw, extremely good and better than the S4 in the Z1).

Consumers will and will continue to look at the paper. 20MP camera, quad core CPU, first design impressions, and the price. Not stupid fanboys crap like Xenon, "let's thicken the phone and add a giant sensor".

Try harder to tarnish Sony's image. You current effort is not enough.
[ This Message was edited by: unknownC151A on 2013-09-11 09:00 ]
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 10:46

On 2013-09-11 09:24:06, randomuser wrote:
^

FAKE

Though I do WISH it were true

MSM8974AB 2.3 ghz
3 GB RAM
20.7 MP camera
4K Video Capture

I'll wait for z2 then and keep my Ultra for the meantime.
stais
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 10:49

On 2013-09-11 09:24:06, randomuser wrote:
^

FAKE

Though I do WISH it were true

MSM8974AB 2.3 ghz
3 GB RAM
20.7 MP camera
4K Video Capture

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but any info on dimensions of Z2 compared to Z1? According to your info here, Z2 screen is slightly larger than Z1. However, I also recall Maia mentioning that the bezel of Z2 would be smaller (or did I get that wrong?).
auchengyu
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 10:50
great speech there unknownC151A, agreed
D.B.C
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 11:15
@puestadelsol

Your comparison is very unfair, and I'll tell you why. Earlier you are comparing a 20.7 megapixel Z1 against Ray, you said you can achieve better quality with the Ray in lowlight. That is not true, you are basing your comparison on 100% crops alone, you are completely forgetting the megapixel size, not to mention you did not consider the ISO speed and shutter speeds either, which is the most important information when judging a camera's lowlight capabilities.

To have a fair comparison, you either simply downsize Z1's photo to it's competitor (nowadays 13mp) or you upscale your competitor's photo to Z1 size. I can guarantee you that when you put them on equal footing in terms of megapixel size, the Z1 will pull ahead against everyone else except the 808, and most probably tied with 1020.

And guess what? try to look at 1020's full resolution 38 MP shots, they don't look great either, but try looking at 1020's 8mp/5mp shots and they look great. Same logic applies to the Z1.

I'm still puzzled as to why you keep on complaining against Sony, they have nothing against you, nor did they force you to buy their phones but you seem to be angry at them for some reason. You know you can simply buy an 808 if you want an excellent cameraphone and be done with it.

Have you seen the samples at xperia blog with proto firmware? if not have a look:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/09/05/sony-xperia-z1-photo-samples-through-different-firmware-revisions/

or the gsmarena post Z1 and 1020 comparison?

http://blog.gsmarena.com/sony-xperia-z1s-20-7mp-snapper-gets-compared-to-nokia-lumia-1020s-41mp-pureview-monster/
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-09-11 10:26 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 11:26
@unknownC151A

So you say that if consumers will look the paper than this is the good way to increase selling. If people are willing to pay more for competition's phones, why to make more attractive offerings, this increases profit as well. Exactly these are the aspects what I don't like recently in Sony.
If they would have subdivided this 1/2,3 sensor in Z1 in 3x more pixels to "outshine" Nokia with a 60 Mp sensor, while pictures are unusable above 8 mp resolution you would praise them and would be satisfied the same level? -without any functional feature to be implemented, like Xenon flash, OIS, which features are indeed useful, and, anyway looks good on paper too.

If you haven't noticed I compare Sony's present philosophy with their earlier one, and I don't even mention Samsung's design. I know that the K750 is history yet, but what made it successful is that Sony Ericsson hadn't spared to bring really all it's best (not just on paper, and by marketing, but in real features also), and sold it at a fair price, without watching the competition and struggling to apply the same strategy.

Just notice when I criticize Sony, I'm immediately offended by a fanboy, who gives directly the example of Samsung, etc., it's design, features, pricing policy, and the fact, that following it functions. But Sony could do better, just they should release better, more balanced phones, in size, price, and relying on real features.

I don't care much about SoC, the "500+ ppi" screens, I want a great user experience, and real, useful features. In this term leading chinese manufacturers can offer almost any feature, and specification that Sony does, for even lower price (yes I know that they get subventions from government, but theoretically Sony has the know-how. Doesn't it?) I also don't need a phone with the size and weight of a brick, and Sony haven't presented anything noteworthy below 140 g in 2013.
PS: I also never cried about screens or SoC.

@reeflotz
I don't need Nokia 808, nor Lumia 1020, I want Sony to offer something advancement in photo quality, and sice Xperia arc I can't see remarkable changes.
And yes, sadly I noticed that 1020 full size shots at low light are not perfect either.
What you say about comparison, you have right, but by upscaling 8 mp photos to 20 mp, not by downscaling the 20 mp to 8, but in both cases should not be a challange for Z1 to outperform the 8-13 mp cameras. If 20 mp is just for producing on par or slightly better shots at 8 mp than competition than I think would make more sense to divide that 1/2,3 sensor into just 8 million pixels, but with cristal crisp image quality indeed.

And as long as the 20 mp sensor gives this quality at full resolution, it doesn't make sense to implement 20 mp in phones.
http://images.hardwarezone.co[....]es/sony-xperia-z1/dsc-0091.jpg
Btw, I've already seen worse low light shots too by Z1. But without comparing to anything, at full size you can say that is has poor quality.
I haven't said I achieve better quality with the Ray in lowlight. I said my outdated Xperia ray could shot comparable photo, and still there's a difference
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2013-09-11 11:00 ]
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 11:38

On 2013-09-10 20:52:40, stedus wrote:
@amirprog: it depends on your taste, some people still like small form factor
I like big screen so the new Iphone 5S won't be in my buying list

Anyway, It will be interesting to see the Z1 Mini go head to head with this 5S

Snapdragon 800 vs A7
20 mpx camera vs the 1.5 micron camera
Triluminos vs IGZO screen
[ This Message was edited by: stedus on 2013-09-10 19:54 ]

Honestly guys, I am a big fan of the latest iteration of the ios
And it fits premiumly in SONY

Hope really XPERIA to switch to ios, it will then sell much more, and also will be differ itself from the crowd aka, LG, SAMSUNG, MOTOROLA, .......
JoJotaro
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 11:54
@puestadelsol What do the chinese manufacturers offer? Software features? Most of the software features they offer, LG and Samsung included, are highly unpolished, cause the phone to lag and fail to blend in with the systems UI. The UI it's self looks like it was designed by a 10 year old, lacking coherence and consistency. And most of them stubbornly continue to use the menu button breaking the Android ecosystem and in the end causing more problems for the end user.
For the good of the Android ecosystem and all us end users the approach Sony and Motorola have been using should be adopted by all manufactures.
XperiaCute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 12:01

On 2013-09-11 11:15:57, reeflotz wrote:
@puestadelsol

Your comparison is very unfair, and I'll tell you why. Earlier you are comparing a 20.7 megapixel Z1 against Ray, you said you can achieve better quality with the Ray in lowlight. That is not true, you are basing your comparison on 100% crops alone, you are completely forgetting the megapixel size, not to mention you did not consider the ISO speed and shutter speeds either, which is the most important information when judging a camera's lowlight capabilities.

To have a fair comparison, you either simply downsize Z1's photo to it's competitor (nowadays 13mp) or you upscale your competitor's photo to Z1 size. I can guarantee you that when you put them on equal footing in terms of megapixel size, the Z1 will pull ahead against everyone else except the 808, and most probably tied with 1020.

And guess what? try to look at 1020's full resolution 38 MP shots, they don't look great either, but try looking at 1020's 8mp/5mp shots and they look great. Same logic applies to the Z1.

I'm still puzzled as to why you keep on complaining against Sony, they have nothing against you, nor did they force you to buy their phones but you seem to be angry at them for some reason. You know you can simply buy an 808 if you want an excellent cameraphone and be done with it.

Have you seen the samples at xperia blog with proto firmware? if not have a look:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/09/05/sony-xperia-z1-photo-samples-through-different-firmware-revisions/

or the gsmarena post Z1 and 1020 comparison?

http://blog.gsmarena.com/sony-xperia-z1s-20-7mp-snapper-gets-compared-to-nokia-lumia-1020s-41mp-pureview-monster/
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-09-11 10:26 ]

Interesting comparison .

>
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 12:08

On 2013-09-11 11:38:37, maiaramdan wrote:

Hope really XPERIA to switch to ios, it will then sell much more, and also will be differ itself from the crowd aka, LG, SAMSUNG, MOTOROLA, .......

10 years at Esato
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 12:10

On 2013-09-11 11:26:27, puestadelsol wrote:
@unknownC151A

So you say that if consumers will look the paper than this is the good way to increase selling. If people are willing to pay more for competition's phones, why to make more attractive offerings, this increases profit as well. Exactly these are the aspects what I don't like recently in Sony.
If they would have subdivided this 1/2,3 sensor in Z1 in 3x more pixels to "outshine" Nokia with a 60 Mp sensor, while pictures are unusable above 8 mp resolution you would praise them and would be satisfied the same level? -without any functional feature to be implemented, like Xenon flash, OIS, which features are indeed useful, and, anyway looks good on paper too.

If you haven't noticed I compare Sony's present philosophy with their earlier one, and I don't even mention Samsung's design. I know that the K750 is history yet, but what made it successful is that Sony Ericsson hadn't spared to bring really all it's best (not just on paper, and by marketing, but in real features also), and sold it at a fair price, without watching the competition and struggling to apply the same strategy.

Just notice when I criticize Sony, I'm immediately offended by a fanboy, who gives directly the example of Samsung, etc., it's design, features, pricing policy, and the fact, that following it functions. But Sony could do better, just they should release better, more balanced phones, in size, price, and relying on real features.

I don't care much about SoC, the "500+ ppi" screens, I want a great user experience, and real, useful features. In this term leading chinese manufacturers can offer almost any feature, and specification that Sony does, for even lower price (yes I know that they get subventions from government, but theoretically Sony has the know-how. Doesn't it?) I also don't need a phone with the size and weight of a brick, and Sony haven't presented anything noteworthy below 140 g in 2013.
PS: I also never cried about screens or SoC.

Those so called functional and balanced phones in size and price with so called useful features don't sell at all and neither are able to make a statement ! Sony needs sales right now and in turn a profit from them to help their ailing electronics business !!! This strategy of theirs is indeed the best, it's working superbly(best till now) and suits most of the tech crowd out there. They gotta be popular and they are getting popular !
And btw these tech companies are not social organizations who would look at every person out there and do something for them without looking at their own profits ! What Sony is doing right now is making products that are liked by 99% people and they don't care about the other 1%! So please don't cry/moan about something which is never going to be possible! They won't make a device specifically for your likes and needs! That's it !
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 12:43
That's why 99 of 100 people have Sony phones.

Am I the only one who would be happy with a 4"-4.3" screen Xperia, below 120 g, below 120*65mm with Xenon flash, OIS, nHd or HD screen, for about 350 max 400 euro?
Does everybody really need 5"+ screen, 140+ g weight, 13 mp+ camera (picture quality doesn't matter), and 600-700 euro+ price just for the (best of) Sony label? And are the presence of Xenon flash, OIS and compact size higly undesirable?

For example the rumoured Honami mini would be interesting for me, but it will lack the Xenon flash, OIS, and price will be surely above 500 euro. But maybe I'm wrong, and the majority would be happier with this latter device, than the imaginary phone what I described.
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2013-09-11 12:01 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic