Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-10 23:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-09-10 20:58:11, king-james wrote:
All in glass and best materials.

[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2013-09-10 20:04 ]

Metal not glass!

Even if that's true... Why are you so shocked? What is so special?

Because its a straight successor to Z1 and should be called Z2... as simple as that
[ This Message was edited by: sami92a on 2013-09-10 22:59 ]
tonif430
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 00:15

On 2013-09-10 22:52:26, Gitaroo wrote:
Vita OS finally being used?
Firefox OS use in Sony's lineup was announced long time ago!!!
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 00:31
Mmm. I like that. If someone can make Firefox work it's Sony. The used to be late with updates but only because the updates really worked.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 00:53

I think I just came

Sony is obviously looking to expand the uses of Vita OS by bringing it into the livingroom, so putting it on more mobile devices is only logical. Android is fine and all, but getting more people on Vita OS nets Sony more money in the long run. Let's now see how they handle the expansion of this ecosystem in the coming months.

No matter what I'm still getting Z1, but if they come out with a quality Vita OS phone next year, I might have to trade up
DiyaGGD
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 01:40

On 2013-09-11 00:53:30, vivftp wrote:

I think I just came

Sony is obviously looking to expand the uses of Vita OS by bringing it into the livingroom, so putting it on more mobile devices is only logical. Android is fine and all, but getting more people on Vita OS nets Sony more money in the long run. Let's now see how they handle the expansion of this ecosystem in the coming months.

No matter what I'm still getting Z1, but if they come out with a quality Vita OS phone next year, I might have to trade up

Plus>> Direct updates

Well let's wait and see more rumors to come
AranhaHunter
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 02:10

On 2013-09-10 22:10:58, DiyaGGD wrote:

On 2013-09-10 21:59:41, AranhaHunter wrote:

On 2013-09-10 21:51:17, DiyaGGD wrote:
Somebody confirm this rumor
2014 flashgip might not be called Z2 and will pack 5.2 OLED display and 2 versions (Android , and OWN Sony OS)

Where did you hear that?

My friend has a friend works in Sony Japan .... and sorry about the OLED heard it wrong xDD it is IPS 5.2 with 2 versions as I mentioned above but is that true??

maia had mentioned something similar awhile ago. I would like it to happen, but personally doubt it because sony/vita OS:

- The OS itself is way behind android and iOS. No push notifications, the bubble interface is not as nice as squares, no customization, you can only have a total of 100 apps at any given time, etc
- There are performance issues and is not as streamlined as iOS/android. This might be due to vita's low RAM as compared to current phones and tablets' RAM amount
- Does not really have a general app store. There's probably less than 50 non gaming apps for Vita. If I had to guess, I would say they have about 20 apps.
- The apps they do have (youtube, facebook, netflix, twitter, etc) are not as good as their iOS and android counterparts. The mail and google maps apps do not even compare to
- Does not have an MP3/Music video e-store (Music Unlimited is an internet music streaming service, no buy option). iOS, android, and W8 have an MP3/Music video store.
- Video Store lacks behind google play/iOS' app store. No option to buy tv seasons, no option to rent tv shows, no subtitle/language option
- No ebook/magazine/comic e-store. They had a psp comic e-store, but they closed it last year with the promise of a new service coming that never materialized. Sony's ereader ebook store is not integrated with SEN.
- The default browser for the vita is the best for gaming, but way behind other mobile options. No browser orientation, lack of video/audio options, etc. Here's the html5 comparison between ios7, chrome25 mobile, and vita browser:
http://html5test.com/compare/[....]chromemobile25/sonyvita21.html
- I'm sure there are more, but this is what I can think off the top of my head

Considering the above, why would anyone but the most hardcore of core gamers buy a vita OS phone over an iOS or Android high end smartphone? Also consider that W8 phones are struggling pretty bad and MS has an MP3/Music Video store and a much better -- compared to SEN -- app store. Not sure if they have an ebook store.

I'm a pretty damn hardcore gamer, but I don't think I would consider a vitaOS phone unless the above problems were fixed/added to their ecosystem.
DiyaGGD
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 03:25

On 2013-09-11 02:10:19, AranhaHunter wrote:

2014 flashgip might not be called Z2 and will pack 5.2 OLED display and 2 versions (Android , and OWN Sony OS)

Where did you hear that?

My friend has a friend works in Sony Japan .... and sorry about the OLED heard it wrong xDD it is IPS 5.2 with 2 versions as I mentioned above but is that true??

maia had mentioned something similar awhile ago. I would like it to happen, but personally doubt it because sony/vita OS:

- The OS itself is way behind android and iOS. No push notifications, the bubble interface is not as nice as squares, no customization, you can only have a total of 100 apps at any given time, etc
- There are performance issues and is not as streamlined as iOS/android. This might be due to vita's low RAM as compared to current phones and tablets' RAM amount
- Does not really have a general app store. There's probably less than 50 non gaming apps for Vita. If I had to guess, I would say they have about 20 apps.
- The apps they do have (youtube, facebook, netflix, twitter, etc) are not as good as their iOS and android counterparts. The mail and google maps apps do not even compare to
- Does not have an MP3/Music video e-store (Music Unlimited is an internet music streaming service, no buy option). iOS, android, and W8 have an MP3/Music video store.
- Video Store lacks behind google play/iOS' app store. No option to buy tv seasons, no option to rent tv shows, no subtitle/language option
- No ebook/magazine/comic e-store. They had a psp comic e-store, but they closed it last year with the promise of a new service coming that never materialized. Sony's ereader ebook store is not integrated with SEN.
- The default browser for the vita is the best for gaming, but way behind other mobile options. No browser orientation, lack of video/audio options, etc. Here's the html5 comparison between ios7, chrome25 mobile, and vita browser:

Considering the above, why would anyone but the most hardcore of core gamers buy a vita OS phone over an iOS or Android high end smartphone? Also consider that W8 phones are struggling pretty bad and MS has an MP3/Music Video store and a much better -- compared to SEN -- app store. Not sure if they have an ebook store.

I'm a pretty damn hardcore gamer, but I don't think I would consider a vitaOS phone unless the above problems were fixed/added to their ecosystem.

Yea I know but I didn't mention any Vita there xD

I think it will be another Sony OS made for Xperia Family.....

AranhaHunter
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 05:01

On 2013-09-11 03:25:00, DiyaGGD wrote:

On 2013-09-11 02:10:19, AranhaHunter wrote:

Where did you hear that?

Yea I know but I didn't mention any Vita there xD

I think it will be another Sony OS made for Xperia Family.....

That will make it even harder, IMO. Not only will they not have all of the above, but they will also need to have some of the things the vitaOS does right (smooth touch interface, for one) and integrate with the video store, that's on SEN and the game store that's on SEN.
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 05:24
if sony use their own OS. it better merge vita and PSM to the phone just like camera merge into phone.
XperiaCute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 06:48

>
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 08:04

On 2013-09-10 15:37:22, Shotokan81 wrote:

On 2013-09-10 12:22:58, maiaramdan wrote:

Yes,

The big middle eye fibre metal body

@Maiaramdan:
Wow, if this is real, this means Sony is cramming an even bigger sensor in the Z2?
So could we hope for hardware stabilisation for stills?
And maybe some xenon like improved flash?

Nokia 808 may find his master in 6 months!
[ This Message was edited by: Shotokan81 on 2013-09-10 14:38 ]

Come on, when we heard the first rumours about Z1, almost everybody was expecting the same thing. So I'm sceptical about expecting anything groundbreaking, or about any new functional features, Sony is just increasing the megapixel count, the numbers, and adding as many as possible brandings of Sony without remarkable evident development.

On 2013-09-10 20:58:11, king-james wrote:
Apple still lives in stone age. The display is still only a 4incher and still no HD resolution...
There are no new innovations... I'm sure, Apple will loose more and more people... I'm happy.

SONY could make a iPhone Killer, 4,3" with best specs and very thin and small body. All in glass and best materials. That's it!
So why is it so difficult, Kaz Hirai?! SONY need it so much! There is no one who can compete with your design! SONY come on!

Seriously, even if I don't like the Iphone, it's screen size and resolution would be perfect for me. And I dont understand the desire of having more pixels. I think anything above 300 ppi is more than enough.
BTW, since 2007 I'm reading on this forum the "Iphone killer" term, when Sony Ericsson's feature phones had incomparably more features and way better specifications compared to the Iphone. back in 2007 Iphone had just the snappy touchscreen, and the best touchscreen experience. In touchscreen user experience Apple is still the best, the Android is behind it even with or without Project Butter or even by using higher performance processors.
When almost every phone manufacturer started focusing on smartphones, they leaved behind lots of popular features, like Xenon flash, editable, fully customisable menu themes (including almost every menu level except for applications), classic 3G video calling, etc. By the time Apple added more customisation options of the UI, the poor 3mp fixed focus camera which was only capable of shooting blurry shots (and at that time 8-12 mp phone cameras, equipped with Xenon flash, with good picture quality were quite common in all manufacturer's better phones) now it's almost on par with current smartphones flagships, and the best touchscreen experience remained still the Iphone's privilege.

One more thing... About the Z1 everywhere is mentioned, and also emphasized, that it is just a prototype, and with the final software camera performance may improve. Since K850 I haven't seen any phone by Sony Ericsson, or Sony with any improvement. The K850 produced even with the final software the same noisy washed out shots with pinkish red colours, as with the first versions, wich was obviously software related. Than appeared the C902, the K850 was completely left behind, and the C902 produced the most vibrant red colours ever by a Sony Ericsson phone (I don't remember with the same camera sensor or it was just a very similar one). So I don't expect any improvement of camera quality. And below a certain lighting level Z1's shots are shameful at full size.
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2013-09-11 07:05 ]
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 08:13
All of what Pi3. 14 said sounds plausible. The last two sentences were confusing, and don't really make sense. How much could it possibly cost to develop a sensor, and why allow your most direct competitor to have it? Maybe that was the old Sony mentality, and because these are old events, assuming they're true, that mentality was still there, but hopefully by now it's gone. Would also explain what randomuser was saying all that time.

And regarding the 5.2" oled - wasn't that being produced anyway? http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]nel-production-a-long-way-off/

But it can't be this, it's too soon.

A Sony OS for mobile has to make a start somewhere. And how to make it attractive even with having very few apps? Easy (sort of). Make it run Vita games... The msm8974ab should be up for it, no? It's successor definitely will. And don't make it android! But side loading android apps would be nice...

At the very least, a tablet which can run Vita games, have a kick stand of sorts and Dual shock 3/4 support.
[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-09-11 07:19 ]
Ambroos
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-11 08:51
Sony Mobile is sticking with Android, and possibly one or two Firefox OS phones for specific carriers. Nothing else for now.
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 08:53
Oh no! Resident Sony critic here again.

One more thing... About the Z1 everywhere is mentioned, and also emphasized, that it is just a prototype, and with the final software camera performance may improve. Since K850 I haven't seen any phone by Sony Ericsson, or Sony with any improvement. The K850 produced even with the final software the same noisy washed out shots with pinkish red colours, as with the first versions, wich was obviously software related. Than appeared the C902, the K850 was completely left behind, and the C902 produced the most vibrant red colours ever by a Sony Ericsson phone (I don't remember with the same camera sensor or it was just a very similar one). So I don't expect any improvement of camera quality. And below a certain lighting level Z1's shots are shameful at full size.

I saw the camera comparison and it easily thrashed the S4, IP5 and more.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 09:14
"Sony Xperia Z2 the next generation smartphone with 4K resolution": http://toipoi.com/sony-xperia[....]s-features-price-release-date/
• Snapdragon 1200 chipset
• Octa-core processor
• 4K resolution display (recording, not the z2 screen display...), 5.4 inches powered with IGZO+
• 4GB RAM
• 26 MP compact camera powered with extreme low light sensors

true or false?

i tend to think that writer made this spec from his mind, cause previous rumors noted that the Z2 will have 5.2 screen... or maybe sony changed their mind.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2013-09-11 08:25 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic