Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-04 01:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Please dont compare those cheap eBay items with the Sony accessories, it's like comparing a prince and a pauper.

Those eBay items are almost entirely plastic with terrible optical quality whereas the Sony accessories have the lens and sensor of a £500+ compact camera, some genuine innovation and a great build quality.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 01:55

On 2013-09-04 01:50:38, miromiromi wrote:

On 2013-09-03 22:51:32, -XYZ wrote:
People want everything, but can't manage their expectations and keep them in line with reality.

Because they've seen other companies being able to pull off what sony can't. The smaller LG G2 has a bigger display, IR blaster, and similar or even bigger battery capacity. It also offers various other features.

You're right, G2 came out better than excepted, these are some of the specs that G2 has over Z1;

OIS, 1080p@60 fps video recording, IR, 32GB ROM, sapphire camera glass.

Z1 advantages are;

build quality, better design, (presumably) better camera, micro SD slot

I do prefer the Z1 but credit where credit is due - G2 is more than a worthy competitor.
[ This Message was edited by: Ambivalent_ on 2013-09-04 00:55 ]
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 02:06

On 2013-09-03 21:31:05, Ambroos wrote:

On 2013-09-03 21:05:44, Geoffxx wrote:
Step up governments - get some people in there that know what they are looking at and ban cookies if you don't want them - you should never have to enable cookies to log into anything - they are tracking you

You are an absolute idiot. Go follow a web development course and you'll see why (session) cookies are absolutely necessary.

Your Google-phobia is just ridiculous.

Both of you are probably intelligent and there is no reason to use offensive language, even if the post is off topic and does not go your way.

As a probable future android user, i am concerned about google everywhere, and the behaviour of apps on the playstore.

Please consider your difference of view as a blessing (no religious connotations).
You could collaborate and start a new thread that could be helpful for people like me, wanting to get a Sony device, not necessarilly a google device.
I would definitely follow tips and best practices to avoid having my contact list accessed by apps, etc... and you both seem to be knowledgeable in this area.

Your help and constructive exchange of view would trully be appreciated.
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-04 02:31
Sorry for off topic:

@Shotokan81

Yes, probably Google reads your info. Using a computer. Just like Apple probably does. And MS. And whatever other company. If you want to stay completely safe, just throw away any device you have that transmit any kind of frequency. Somehow, the gov. is spying on you, SPECIALLY if you're located in the US. There is no way anymore to escape that, that is the true.

So, 1st thing: You can disable most Google analysis stuff but, trust me, it is really useful. It learns with your usage and makes your life easier.

The rest: Always check the developer to make sure it is not typed wrong for a common app. Read description and ratings.

Stay away from low grade apps. If you gonna download some paid apps illegaly (you can do it, it is easy as pie), do some research on the site before installing the app. Also check for suspicious permissions before installing them. Like, a game doesn't need to read or send SMS...

Few tips I can give
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
vapotrini
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 02:49

On 2013-09-04 01:48:56, Ambivalent_ wrote:

Video playback time:
Xperia Z: 5.5hrs Xperia Z1: 6,6hrs (400min)
[ This Message was edited by: Ambivalent_ on 2013-09-04 00:50 ]

That better be a misprint. 6.6 hours video playback??? All things considered, that's not very good.
rency0722
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 03:13

On 2013-09-03 15:55:15, Jiggs29 wrote:
mga kababayan dyan.. anong oras ba natin aabangan ung Sony IFA Press event bukas?

Kababayan, 10 PM sa atin live ang IFA conference ng Sony.

Shoutout from the Philippines!
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-04 03:36
After reading a few RX100 reviews and seeing the spec of the QX100 (it appears to be the same sensor and lens, but time will tell if that's just on paper) I am pretty much sold. I doubt I'll use the adapter thing, it looks really clumsy, but in my hand when I can't be bothered with carrying my DSLR is just perfect.

OT:
@Geoffxx

Don't expect the governments to step in and stop web companies collecting data on the people. The government pay companies like Google, Facebook etc for access to their data and they will remain an 'important' source of intelligence.

As someone else said, if you don't like it don't use the internet. Everyone on the internet collects data. I do on my sites that I build, not for anything malicious and all anonymous data, but just to create usage statistics so I can create a better service. If you ask me, limiting/removing this is a step backwards.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
smk582
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 04:38
OT: Not to take away from the IFA announcement coming in a few hours (yay!), but has anyone seen the HUGE lens on the unnamed device in the official Google Kit Kat video?

What could that monster be?

Pic:

Link:
http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/3/4691652/did-google-just-leak-the-nexus-5-kitkat-video
Jiggs29
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 04:48
that promo video of QX10 and QX100 makes me want it.. thats one innovative idea.. Sony is serious about doing things with NFC.. Im always thinking of a wireless charging using NFC, is that possible..? Hours to go.. Wanna see more innovations from Sony, gonna be exciting..
abrahavt
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 05:16
With that big lens the Nexus 5 ? looks very promising. Google has promised a great camera with their new phone. Interesting times.
smk582
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 05:28

On 2013-09-04 05:16:41, abrahavt wrote:
With that big lens the Nexus 5 ? looks very promising. Google has promised a great camera with their new phone. Interesting times.

Yea, I'm having a crisis because I've been following the Z1 for months now and have wanted to get one as soon as I can here in the States, but this thing is throwing me for a loop. Making me want to wait and see. The thing is, I've had Nexus devices before and I'm using a vanilla OS on a rooted GS3 right now and the AOSP camera software has always been awful.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 05:48
I'm suffering from Sony overload here folks. There's just so much going on, I don't know where to focus my attention!

We have Z1, rumored Z1 Mini, Tablet Z refresh, QX10 and QX100, PS4, HMZ-T3, and now a rumored virtual reality headset for PS4 to rival Occulus Rift.

And IFA hasn't frickin' started yet! Holy shit Sony! At IFA we're sure to see new Bravias, new VAIOs, new ebook readers, and who knows what other mystical devices.

I am saddened that the IFA conference tomorrow starts just as I begin my work shift I'll try to stream it if at all possible.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 06:37
OT, but meh, it's IFA time!

New Handycams revealed:

4K handycam

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c[....]sony_fdr_ax1_4k_camcorder.html

New Action Cam

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c[....]y_hdr_as30v_hd_pov_action.html

New Music Camcorder

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c[....]y_hdr_mv1_music_camcorder.html
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-04 06:57
4.4 Kit-Kat - biggest product placement deal ever I reckon. Not in terms of the monetary value but in coverage. Everyone in the established android markets now is suddenly thinking of Kit-Kats, everyone in developing markets will pick up an android Kit-Kiat and think about choosing android as their next device. Win-Win.

Truly massive big deal.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2013-09-04 05:58 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 07:09
I read there could be a new android walkman too. F880. Dont know when announcement is though.

Anyway, on topic, what time is todays event happening? My timer on sony site says under an hour.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic