Add to Bookmarks
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-08-30 17:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-08-30 17:15:58, progosu wrote:
I don't care that much about xenon, but no OIS is a deal breaker for me, guys understand us, sony claims that honami will be something "extraordinary". If there won't be any of the features that we expected from them we have the right to be disappointed.

But Sony didn't claimed anything....! there are just some teasers and nothing else... saying "The Best Of Sony"... as they said with the Z (which is, even with haters hating, a GREAT phone)... Nothing else... they do not say it will be a cameraphone or a walkmann... just the best they can put together
Just wait before being disappointed...
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2013-08-30 17:34
gotta laugh at nokia trolls.snapdragon 800 and triluminous is enough reason for me to upgrade.20 mp cam ,g lens ,f2.0 and 3000 mah battery is just bonus.
why are you so butthurt dudes?is nokia a camera company?can they have something close to a99?yeah its not a phone and its big as hell but i guess those thing dont matter to nokia fans.they only care about camera performance not anything else.
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-30 17:35
Honami smaller verision codenamed \"ITSUKI\"
event 4sep

source: phandroid.com
NO
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-30 17:41

why would you want to solder something and destroy the beauty of the phone if attachable/detachable accessories are going to be available?

sarcasm dude..
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-30 17:41
So much bad grammar, and fanboy-ishness in this thread.

Sony have missed a trick if they don't include some form of physical image stabilisation. It would have been a nice thing to add to the spec sheet and another little something to brag about.

At the same time, Sony doesn't appear to be targeting the Lumia 1020 (or any Windows phone/Lumia device for that matter, rather the fierce competition from the Android and iOS space. The iPhone 5S, the Optimus G2, the Note III, the HTC One Max and whatever the next Nexus phone turns out to be, are what Sony want to be taking on.
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-08-30 18:06
Changing argument...
What are your opinions on the Sony Software... I mean Album, Video and Walkmann app... this will be my first Xperia so I do not have a clue...
I'm already using MediaGo to manage my library (and I found it rather good)... so what about the mobile apps?
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-08-30 18:14

On 2013-08-30 17:41:55, -XYZ wrote:
So much bad grammar, and fanboy-ishness in this thread.

Sony have missed a trick if they don't include some form of physical image stabilisation. It would have been a nice thing to add to the spec sheet and another little something to brag about.

At the same time, Sony doesn't appear to be targeting the Lumia 1020 (or any Windows phone/Lumia device for that matter, rather the fierce competition from the Android and iOS space. The iPhone 5S, the Optimus G2, the Note III, the HTC One Max and whatever the next Nexus phone turns out to be, are what Sony want to be taking on.

does sony even need to target 1020? it's already a fail IMO!!!
and yeah you are right!!! They are targeting android and iOS competitors because that's what makes up most of the market
[ This Message was edited by: AbhiD999 on 2013-08-30 17:16 ]
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2013-08-30 18:20
@CrownedAkuma
I love walkman and album app.specialy the new update to album that gives ability to view GIF. i cannot comment on movie
app though,cause i dont watch much videos.
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-08-30 18:26
Or put it differently, they are targetting buyers...

Anyway, is anyone able to tell the 35mm equivalent focal distance of the lens?

It does make a difference: look at fuji cameras, for a long time they did not put ois, and included wide angle, good sensor and "fast" lens instead. I used to have a finepix f30, no ois and only f2.8, you really don't see any issue while walking and shooting moving objects... This is still true in fuji mirorless as far as i know, no ois

And lens speed can also more than offset the abscence of ois: my G6 has is not stabilised when i use my f1.7 lens with focal 20mm so 40mm eq 35 mm, not even much wide angle... I needed a fast system to capture with very short shutter speed, much shorter than what ois corrects, so it became clearer to me when ois is not noticeable. I can tell you, the results are stunning without ois.

So my gut feeling is that with honami sensor tech and lens speed, you don't need to worry too much about ois.
A wide angle will push the cases where ois is noticeable even further away and then for these cases you better buy a proper camera! I am quite relaxed honami sounds like it is extremely good for use case you would use a phone.

By the way, anyone knows what would a software based steady shot should do, how it works?
[ This Message was edited by: Shotokan81 on 2013-08-30 17:43 ]
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-08-30 18:27

On 2013-08-30 18:20:24, josephnero wrote:
@CrownedAkuma
I love walkman and album app.specialy the new update to album that gives ability to view GIF. i cannot comment on movie

thanks
well GIF support is great... and the rest? png, bmp? geotagging? editing for the photo?
and in the walkmann? mp3, m4a, flac, wma?? lyrics?
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-30 18:44

On 2013-08-30 18:27:22, CrownedAkuma wrote:

On 2013-08-30 18:20:24, josephnero wrote:
@CrownedAkuma

thanks
well GIF support is great... and the rest? png, bmp? geotagging? editing for the photo?
and in the walkmann? mp3, m4a, flac, wma?? lyrics?

Png, yes. Bmp, not sure, never tried. Geotagging, yes; Photo edit, yes.
Mp3, of course, m4a, Flac, not sure about wma. No lyrics. It has gapless playback, gorgeous UI and a awesome sound quality (even on my Xperia S)
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-30 18:46
The arguments here are pointless as nobody really knows the exact specs of the XZ1

as for the camera - smartphone debate, I have a simple way of looking at it

a scale of 1- 10, 1 = pure camera ---- 10 = pure smartphone, from there you can place any device in the scale depending on the balance of camera/smartphone capabilities - there is no device on the market that is both a 1 and a 10, I'd place the XZ1 at about 6/9 based on leaked specs - I'd place the S4 and the like at 8/8, I'd put the Nokia 1020 at a 5/5 (jack of both trades master of none)

cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-08-30 18:49

On 2013-08-30 18:46:11, Geoffxx wrote:
The arguments here are pointless as nobody really knows the exact specs of the XZ1

as for the camera - smartphone debate, I have a simple way of looking at it

a scale of 1- 10, 1 = pure camera ---- 10 = pure smartphone, from there you can place any device in the scale depending on the balance of camera/smartphone capabilities - there is no device on the market that is both a 1 and a 10, I'd place the XZ1 at about 6/9 based on leaked specs - I'd place the S4 and the like at 8/8, I'd put the Nokia 1020 at a 5/5 (jack of both trades master of none)

That scales goes out the window as soon as you consider that we all have different needs from both the smartphone side and the camera side of each device.
abrahavt
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-30 19:24
There is a comparison on the web between G2, IPhone, S4, HTC and Lumia 1020 cameras.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/First-camera-samples-from-the-LG-G2---compared-to-the-iPhone-5-Galaxy-S4-One-and-Lumia-1020_id46175
All pictures taken is a dark room. Very impressed with the G2 pictures. Has less noise than even the Lumia in my opinion. Hope to see a shootout with Honami in the near future. I am sure OIS on the G2 definitely helped in the lowlight conditions that the pictures were taken in. Would be disappointing if the Honami didnt offer some sort of hardware stabilisation.
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-08-30 19:39

On 2013-08-30 18:44:25, Felimenta97 wrote:
Png, yes. Bmp, not sure, never tried. Geotagging, yes; Photo edit, yes.
Mp3, of course, m4a, Flac, not sure about wma. No lyrics. It has gapless playback, gorgeous UI and a awesome sound quality (even on my Xperia S)

thanks a lot! I'm eagerly waiting to try them out!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic