Add to Bookmarks
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-08-24 15:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-08-24 15:05:12, Ricky D wrote:
These pictures being posted with the bestofsony hashtag are from official sources are they not? I consider that an official preview, but I guess you could call them teasers as well.

The first batch of @bestofSony hashtags that I posted came straight from Sony's Official FB page,
10 years at Esato
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-08-24 15:14
Any hint on what the material is from the pics?
Too early to tell?
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-24 15:26
From all the specs, spypics and teasers I really don't see this as a killer device but as a filler between Z and what is to come next year. I'm much more excited by the lens accessories and anything else that may be coming along those lines.

@Shotokan81 - I think your original question was whether the black would be matte plastic or glossy glass, am I right? It should be glass like the white and purple. They've not used a different material for different colours on a flagship since X10.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-08-24 15:59
Well, killer device maybe not but best possible specs in a thin device is a definit yes.

Battery larger than every other 5 inch smartphone, compact camera sensor (about two times the surface of every other smartphone except 1020 and 808), very nice design (no glossy plastic ^^), dual speaker not located at the back and water + dust resistance.

More or less better than every other competitor is pretty much a killer device
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
MusaD.Dragon
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2013-08-24 16:16
^ well said
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-08-24 17:14
@Ricky D

Thanks for the confirmation, sorry i missed this part.
(I did not notice the materials on the pics from any color, was still hoping for carbon/metal)

On the Killer device thing, agreed if this is the best device it could be killer device, it depends on marketing efforts and market reception. You may mean it is an evolution, not revolution, but a revolutionary change has also lots of chances of not selling, hence fewer chances to be a killer device.

I think the internals, camera, audio, horsepower, screen, water resistance, design and material soundall good to me so far.

I can't wait for september 4th!

本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
bipinm
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-24 17:21
Is there no info about the second device...There has to be an L version....right??? Always announce 2 devices...
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-08-24 17:23
when do you guys predict that sony will start implementing higher quality loudspeaker or even 2 loudspeakers for stereo sound similar to the htc one in their flaship devices? maybe in the honami? reviewers are also disappointed with z and z ultra speaker, they say its really weak, one of their disadvantage, i hope sony will stop cutting corners on this.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2013-08-24 16:24 ]
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-24 17:31

On 2013-08-24 15:26:19, Ricky D wrote:

@Shotokan81 - I think your original question was whether the black would be matte plastic or glossy glass, am I right? It should be glass like the white and purple. They've not used a different material for different colours on a flagship since X10.

Thats not entirely true... both the Xperia Active and xperia Go the material was different at least the textures.. On the white Active it felt just like ordinary plastic.. but on the black Active it was soft touch... the white Xperia GO felt like plastic but the black one felt like sandpaper
Ambroos
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-24 17:38

On 2013-08-24 17:23:10, amirprog wrote:
when do you guys predict that sony will start implementing higher quality loudspeaker or even 2 loudspeakers for stereo sound similar to the htc one in their flaship devices? maybe in the honami? reviewers are also disappointed with z and z ultra speaker, they say its really weak, one of their disadvantage, i hope sony will stop cutting corners on this.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2013-08-24 16:24 ]

Honami has a better speake. Not HTC One level but decent. Speakers on a phone aren't very important, if it's loud enough for ringtones and good enough to understand the occasional YouTube video it's fine.
Latios147
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2013-08-24 17:42
I can't wait for the SO-01F to be released for NTT DoCoMo. Hoping for the arrival in Sept soon.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-08-24 17:51

Honami has a better speake. Not HTC One level but decent. Speakers on a phone aren't very important, if it's loud enough for ringtones and good enough to understand the occasional YouTube video it's fine.

nice to know, thanks. well, i think that asking for 2 speakers is more reasonable these days as screens are getting bigger like with the z ultra - more people would want to watch movies and play games on it and enjoy a bit better sound without earpiece.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-24 18:22
@sami92a, I wouldn't call Go or Active flagship devices.

@DexterMoser

My point is that it isn't a massive step forward from Z, it's basically Z v1.5. Much like Arc S > Arc, it's an incremental upgrade to make for the original misgivings not really an entirely new device. I think if Sony advertised these incremental upgrades as just that then the real new devices would get much more anticipation and press coverage and probably more praise.

People here pick out Samsung as an example of a company with one main handset in each segment per year and getting much press coverage for it, but if you look at there portfolio they do many variations throughout the year but only build up to the one lead device, the variants and refreshes go without massive ad campaigns. Sony should learn this trick and not build us all up in here for what is essentially a Z with bug fixes.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-24 18:49
The difference, though, between Z to Honami and Arc to Arc S/S to SL is that the latter two are incremental hardware updates (slight overclock, basically), whereas, IMO, Honami keeps Z "soul" but is also a new device: New screen tech, new speakers, better music amplifier, Better camera, improved design, new firmware, huge CPU and GPU update, etc etc...
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-24 18:52
ZU has massive issue as sleeping beauty. screen can shutdown when it likes to and never wake up again. people said it can be fixed by update, but a lot of them aren't fixed by upgrade until exchanged with another device. I hope we don't see the same thing on Honami.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic