Previous  123 ... 966967968 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
rency0722
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-07-26 08:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi. Newbie here.

Just to ask, is this the Xperia Camera Add-on?

Rumor says there is that Xperia Camera Add-On which is allowing the devs to create a camera feature, like for example, Dual Shot, Motion Shot, Time Lapse, Etc...

As you can see in the SociaLive camera app, there is "by ______" (which is unclear)... Maybe the SociaLive is made by dev.
rency0722
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-07-26 08:38
Ok, got a clearer picture here.

[img][/img]

"Social live by Bambuser"
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-07-26 08:50

On 2013-07-26 08:33:29, reeflotz wrote:
I agree with vivftp, like I said in the previous pages I too am still confused whether the leaked pics are indeed Honami or just the Z refresh. Although that's also me hoping that Honami is altogether a different device with the sensor specs given by randomuser that we were hoping for (take note I'm not expecting, just hoping we get the large sensor + xenon and I'm not blaming anyone, a rumor is a rumor).

Still if this device delivers great picture quality together with a nice screen and fast processor then it still is an excellent H2 flagship with nothing to complain about even if it does not have the Xenon flash some including me were hoping for.

Same here bro. Been thinking the same as you guys. I really hope honami and xperia z refresh are two different device. IMO z refresh is not the One sony phone but honami is
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2013-07-26 08:04 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-26 08:58
@rency - bambuser is a live streaming app. it's probably a camera app feature that is can be added like you theorize. that's pretty neat.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
rency0722
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-07-26 09:16
@Moogoo: That's what I'm looking forward to. Like having some camera features which you really like, those which are not required to be inside, which eats up internal memory as well, like GS4. Too much bloat as they say.

Well, can we have a list of what we could think to be made for Xperia Camera Add-on?

Let's start guys!

Kindly describe the name: then the feature it will be incorporated with the camera.
krapster
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-26 10:49
Anyone else thinks we are getting teased by these leaks
They are all of the sides or the front nothing on the back. I think possibly have leaked the pics themselves to give people something to chew on, and at IFA the they will show an amazing cameraphone? I mean even some of the sources said the back was covered so obviously they are hiding something.
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-07-26 11:17
^ That bothers me, too.
It seems to simple, just to cover the back for that same look like the Z (like that leaked picture shows us).

@Honami vs. Z Refresh:
Honami = Z2 / Z Refresh
Just my guess

If it's not then the specs of this rumored device are too good for a Z refresh. Ergo this is Honami

On 2013-07-26 09:16:28, rency0722 wrote:
Well, can we have a list of what we could think to be made for Xperia Camera Add-on?

Let's start guys!

Kindly describe the name: then the feature it will be incorporated with the camera.

Bulb mode: long exposure times to create some artistic images in low light
-> But I think this could be impossible due to lack of nd filter and fixed aperture.
->-> Therefore this could be solved through taking several images and combining them.

Photosphere/Panorama: Well just the normal photosphere function on Android 4.2

Handheld Twilight: that's from Sonys camera section, takes several pictures and combines them, as a result less noise and brighter image in low light.

Pixel Bining: similar to Nokias Pureview mode in the 808 and 1020. 20 Megapixel can be reduced to 2-5MP, with a certain algorithm 4-10 pixel are combined to 1 pixel to get a image with less noise are higher dynamic range.

Artistic HDR: takes 3 images with different exposures like a normal HDR mode, but in the end it doesn't look any realistic, though you have a great dynamic range. SOmething like that http://www.flickr.com/groups/815648@N24/pool/

That's alll I got
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
tonif430
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-07-26 14:54
do we know sales of tablert s, xperia tablet s and xperia tablet z?
Jubei1
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-26 16:22

On 2013-07-26 10:49:42, krapster wrote:
Anyone else thinks we are getting teased by these leaks
They are all of the sides or the front nothing on the back. I think possibly have leaked the pics themselves to give people something to chew on, and at IFA the they will show an amazing cameraphone? I mean even some of the sources said the back was covered so obviously they are hiding something.

It would be physically impossible to fit a sensor of that size + Bionz hardware chip + Xenon flash + 3000 mAh battery in the prototype shell that has been leaked.

Its more likely Sony had not yet decided wich material the back would use at the time they built the prototypes.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-26 17:31
I wouldn't say it's impossible. If there's a way, Sony would be the one to figure it out. People in the past, surely have said it was impossible to have laptops half an inch thick and ~1 pound, but today it is reality.

If there is BIONZ, it'd probably be a software implementation. As much as having an awesome camera in Honami would be, I'm guessing Sony does not want to kill their point and shoot/compact camera sales either. So, there will have to be some major differences.

I just want this damn thing announced already!! I GOTS TO KNOW!!!
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Jubei1
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-26 18:00

On 2013-07-26 17:31:08, moogoo wrote:
I wouldn't say it's impossible. If there's a way, Sony would be the one to figure it out. People in the past, surely have said it was impossible to have laptops half an inch thick and ~1 pound, but today it is reality.

If there is BIONZ, it'd probably be a software implementation. As much as having an awesome camera in Honami would be, I'm guessing Sony does not want to kill their point and shoot/compact camera sales either. So, there will have to be some major differences.

I just want this damn thing announced already!! I GOTS TO KNOW!!!

Laptops are thin and light because we have made major improvements in hardware (Intel has gone from traditional motherboards to something that looks more like a system on a chip for the latest generations aswell as drops in node from 45nm to 22nm) and we have made major improvements in screen technology to allow thin screens. Your comparison with laptops is no different than looking at older smartphones, they were much thicker and heavier than the current ones.

We havent made such dramatic improvements in camera sensors however. Sony is an excellent hardware company but they cant magically make something to be smaller than it actually is, the sensor that was rumored is very big, it simply would not have fit in that leaked prototype. Nokia is also excellent with hardware, i doubt they WANTED the Lumia 1020 to have such a big hump, they simply had no other choice other than making the whole phone 14 mm thick

cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-07-26 18:37

On 2013-07-26 18:00:35, Jubei1 wrote:
Nokia is also excellent with hardware, i doubt they WANTED the Lumia 1020 to have such a big hump, they simply had no other choice other than making the whole phone 14 mm thick

The packaging job on the 1020 is pretty amazing actually.. to fit the lens, sensor, and xenon flash in that body is not an easy task.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-26 18:55
^indeed.

it's not just about improvements in hardware tech. if that were the only factor, then every laptop or phone with the same specs would be the same size, but they aren't. they vary due to engineering design, materials, and fitting the components together.

Back in the day, while most laptops were nearly an inch thick, my VAIO R505 was half the thickness. Why? Not because it had drastically new hardware than anybody else. It was simply a marvel of engineering, and praised as such.

All I'm saying is sometimes things that seem impossible, really aren't.

So, with all these leaks with photos of the device and camera UI shots, I'm wondering why there haven't been any actual sample photos leaked. Usually, when all these leaks happen there are sample photos too. I know razec has seen some, but damn it, i want to too!!
moogoo
Jubei1
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-26 19:34

On 2013-07-26 18:55:56, moogoo wrote:
^indeed.

it's not just about improvements in hardware tech. if that were the only factor, then every laptop or phone with the same specs would be the same size, but they aren't. they vary due to engineering design, materials, and fitting the components together.

Back in the day, while most laptops were nearly an inch thick, my VAIO R505 was half the thickness. Why? Not because it had drastically new hardware than anybody else. It was simply a marvel of engineering, and praised as such.

All I'm saying is sometimes things that seem impossible, really aren't.

So, with all these leaks with photos of the device and camera UI shots, I'm wondering why there haven't been any actual sample photos leaked. Usually, when all these leaks happen there are sample photos too. I know razec has seen some, but damn it, i want to too!!

The reason every phone/laptop is not the same size and weight is because its not economically feasible. A 300 dollar laptop is a low margin device, it makes no sense for any company to spend money to make it light and thin, its there for a market that doesnt care about that. But even the cheapest laptop today is lighter and slimmer than the cheapest laptop 5 years ago

A camera sensor is nothing like any of the components in a computer, thats why we have seen slim and light laptops and smartphones but we have never seen a camera phone that is slim and light. Why didnt Sony make the Satio super slim since its all about engineering and not about improvements to hardware?

If you go and look up the size of the camera module that has been rumored, you would see that its not going to fit in a phone that is supposedly 8 mm thick. I like Sony too but even they have to work within what is physically possible, its not magic

CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-07-26 20:08
Some time ago I was really wondering why, in the name of the One Sony philosophy and for the fact the the Bravia and the Xperia are so close, they didn't go with the Sense Of Quartz style for the Honami... I really like it Diamond Edge plus greeny/blue color on the sides... I really like it! and then BAM here comes the rumors
Of all the prototypes we have seen till now this is the one that resembles the most the Sense Of Quartz style, and I like it... (personally I prefer the edgy lines to the rounded but it's still awesome )

It is really similar to the real Sense Of Quartz... look!

Here's an article about the Sense Of Quartz Design it's interesting! give it a shot!
http://www.sony.net/Fun/desig[....]roduct/sense_of_quartz/01.html

Another thing that sets apart the Sense Of Quartz design seems to be the notification LED... so I hope that the Honami will have something in the line of the Xperia Miro/L/M... I liked it it was descrete and classy higly personalisable obviously! any info?
And also any definitive info about the S-Master MX amplifier?... that was the thing that I cared the most (with ta large battery an the IP 58!!!)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 966967968 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic