Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 955956957 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 21:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've only been here for a year (yesterday, yey!) and I didn't know that it would be like this. Or I just was blinded by those unearthly specs for a dream phone, that I just did not realize what they really were but R-U-M-O-R-S (rumours, for others) no matter the XR ratings or the source credibility. Besides, we are in the "rumors" thread.
[ This Message was edited by: itsjustJOH on 2013-07-23 20:26 ]
franky900320
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 21:24
Just curious....are there any rumors about a possible Tablet Z successor???That will probably only happen in 2014 anyway? There were some rumors a couple of hundred pages back but mostly rumors have been focused around Honami lately.

On a side note: Cant wait for Honami to be released!! I'm eligible for an upgrade in November and will definitely be getting myself one

Thanks.
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 21:46
Really, this whole whining right now about how Honami is gonna be nothing more than a huge flop and that it disappoints with bad camera, low quality screen, big bezels, etc. It's almost painful to read.
Now I understand why randomuser is so quite those last few days, he just can't stand anymore of all you guys complaining about something you have only seen on few mediocre quality pictures and yet have managed to come to the conclusion that it's too big, has bad screen, looks the same as xperia Z and won't sell at all.

Really, get a hold of yourself and stop whining!
If someone fells offended after reading my post, that's good. Maybe you'll stop acting like spoiled kid whose parents didn't get him a candy.
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-23 22:13

On 2013-07-23 21:24:19, franky900320 wrote:
Just curious....are there any rumors about a possible Tablet Z successor???That will probably only happen in 2014 anyway? There were some rumors a couple of hundred pages back but mostly rumors have been focused around Honami lately.

On a side note: Cant wait for Honami to be released!! I'm eligible for an upgrade in November and will definitely be getting myself one

Thanks.

Only info we have so far, AFAIK, are:

S800 processor
10.1 inch high res screen (as it was said, I understood it is something like Nexus 10-like resolution)
6000 mAh battery
Thinner than actual Tablet Z
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 23:18
Stuff that Ramu got wrong (and my sources say otherwise);

- no Xenon
- no dedicated audio chip
- BIONIZ - software based only
- no carbon fiber (there never was that kind of prototype)
- sensor is 2.3

Also, there will be a smaller Honami (smaller than ZL) but much thicker (10+mm).
[ This Message was edited by: Ambivalent_ on 2013-07-23 22:20 ]
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 23:30

On 2013-07-23 23:18:19, Ambivalent_ wrote:

- no Xenon
- sensor is 2.3

Also, there will be a smaller Honami (smaller than ZL) but much thicker (10+mm).
[ This Message was edited by: Ambivalent_ on 2013-07-23 22:20 ]

What do you mean your sources say otherwise...?
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 23:33

On 2013-07-23 23:30:03, -XYZ wrote:

On 2013-07-23 23:18:19, Ambivalent_ wrote:

- no Xenon
- sensor is 2.3

What do you mean your sources say otherwise...?

They disagree with Ramu; for instance Ramu gave Xenon an XR5 rating while my info is listed in previous post (no Xenon and so on).
[ This Message was edited by: Ambivalent_ on 2013-07-23 23:52 ]
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 23:50
Ahh right, I see.
I hope that Sony set up the 1/2.3 and suchlike, as a lie to quell the insane rumours, but at this point in time. I seriously doubt it. That looks like its going to be Honami, and you know what, it ain't bad.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-24 00:03

On 2013-07-23 23:13:50, aurelius wrote:

stop it, just bullshit!! That's just a big lie. Sony does NOT spread any rumors. Don't go there dude. And please dont be disappointed, Honami will be the king of smartphones this year.

I don't think Dacha meant that SONY was spreading rumors, but that they released specs in order to quell the overreaching rumors that started here on Esato. It sort of makes sense because if people were expecting a God phone and got something less (even if it was amazing in its own right), they'd be pissed (and it happens every year). Is it true? who knows. but I could see how it's plausible.

@Ambivalent

how can you say anything but MAYBE the xenon is wrong? Nothing else can be seen with the naked eye through the latest leaked photos. and i don't remember carbon fiber ever being a confirmed material for honami. it's always been metal as far as i know. let's not start bashing each other over who's got better sources and info. the beauty of esato and of this particular thread, is that it gets info from LOTS of varied sources. Things could be true but end up not being true later. It's RUMORS and as such, these things are always in flux, especially with multiple prototypes floating around.

Whatever turns out to be official when Honami is revealed, it'll be great. There's no need to put people on the spot, to insult or offend.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-07-24 00:47

On 2013-07-23 20:04:36, nightwing369 wrote:

On 2013-07-23 16:20:09, jianlin wrote:

On 2013-07-23 15:44:09, Azerila wrote:
I think here we have the same case as htc one x. Honami is an awesome device like htc one x was but it's not going to sell well. Honami will have the best camera in Android market but everyone's disappointed with it. It has a huge battery, people say why is it so big. It has an improved Z design people say why is it same as Z. It has a speaker grill on the bottom, people say it destroys omnibalance design.
I'm not disappointed with it I actually believe it's awesome but I'm disappointed because now it's going to be a huge flop for Sony.
Today' it's not enough to make a wonderful product you even have to think about trolls comments. With all these big announcements Honami doesn't stand a chance. Moto X and iPhone 5s will rule the states' iPhone 5s will rule Japan and Note III and G2 will get whatever is left.
[ This Message was edited by: Azerila on 2013-07-23 14:51 ]

true story....sony honami only wins sony fans heart...others will say so big...huge bezels...same design...
Sony only mainly makes their phones now for Sony fans. It doesn't matter if other people want to hate on every Sony phone, just because it is made by Sony, because in the end it's their loss. They're more concerned with maintaining their already loyal fan base and if any additional fans (no matter how few) join the whirlwind, then great, but it's not their main highest priority. At least Sony are doing what is in their best interests in this regard.

At least it works. Samsung makes plastic phones for it phone dogs and it sells. Sony makes premium phones and it sold more than LG, HTC and Motorola. No wonder Sony sales have been increasing. Sony fans and consumers have the same mindset. They crave for Sony products. You little small brain basket should really get out if you believe it a failure. There's no need for an idiot to every few post claim it's a confirm failure. What I can confirm is your failure to bring your Samsung shit into esato. Peace.
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-07-24 01:01

On 2013-07-24 00:03:43, moogoo wrote:

@Ambivalent

how can you say anything but MAYBE the xenon is wrong? Nothing else can be seen with the naked eye through the latest leaked photos. and i don't remember carbon fiber ever being a confirmed material for honami. it's always been metal as far as i know. let's not start bashing each other over who's got better sources and info. the beauty of esato and of this particular thread, is that it gets info from LOTS of varied sources. Things could be true but end up not being true later. It's RUMORS and as such, these things are always in flux, especially with multiple prototypes floating around.

Whatever turns out to be official when Honami is revealed, it'll be great. There's no need to put people on the spot, to insult or offend.

Where did I bash Ramu? Where in my posts did I get personal? It's just that Ramu provided most of the info here so it made sense that I refer to his info. Ramu and some of the forum users here mocked my info and I was even called a liar once but as time goes on it seems that I was right opposing some of Ramu's claims.

And fact is, some of his XR5 were completely wrong.

I don't want to repeat myself but I'm not an insider on anything like unknown and guys that saw Honami. I'm just an avid consumer in search of my next phone. I don't seek any status on this forum, for all I care admins can erase my account once Honami launches.
[ This Message was edited by: Ambivalent_ on 2013-07-24 00:02 ]
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-07-24 01:08

On 2013-07-23 23:13:50, aurelius wrote:

On 2013-07-23 20:51:30, DACHA wrote:
^ Not just that. I have heard from an insider that Sony leaked the specs as damage control because of all wrong rumors that were floating on the internet. Most of the rumors started on Esato and a lot of websites were promoting the i1 with outrageous specs. At the end it would have damaged the sales because the expectations were way too high.
[ This Message was edited by: DACHA on 2013-07-23 19:53 ]

stop it, just bullshit!! That's just a big lie. Sony does NOT spread any rumors. Don't go there dude. And please dont be disappointed, Honami will be the king of smartphones this year.

I did not say that Sony is spreading rumors. All I said is that Sony is leaking out the specs and the design a little early to lower the expectations before the phone releases.
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-07-24 01:13
The question is, why are there and have there been different (including sometimes conflicting) rumoured specs flying around, referred to as XR5 class information and so strongly defended when their legitimacy (including of their XR rating) has been questioned...??
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
unknown13x
Z600
PM
Posted: 2013-07-24 01:53

On 2013-07-24 01:13:31, nightwing369 wrote:
The question is, why are there and have there been different (including sometimes conflicting) rumoured specs flying around, referred to as XR5 class information and so strongly defended when their legitimacy (including of their XR rating) has been questioned...??

I couldn't even confirm even if it's XR5. For some of us, our sources are different. Say person A has source A that received a preliminary slides from a presentation that said Honami has Xenon. Then person B got an updated version and was briefed that Xenon was removed. So in this case, who's correct? Would you say person A has unreliable source? No. People are briefed differently at different points in time therefore information will shift easily...

This is why I said that there are certain level of info that would get passed down to certain level of positions. Some managers have no clue of some changes to the specs until launch day even...This happens very often.

It comes down to this: People need to stop fully believing rumors, and wait until the final announcement has been made.

It doesn't matter if a person had touched the device. I've said it before, they can change anything until the very last second if they want to. For example, if the market points to competition only has 2MP camera, so why would I put in 10MP camera if I can put in 4MP, save money, and still beat competition?

The reason why my sources are almost always correct, is not because I have a better legitimate source, it's only because I get the last of it, which is near the launch date. So I don't get anything before that. I get what's finalized. It may not be early enough to keep people hyped up, but at least it gives certainty. For some people, it's too long of a wait to wait for my information, which I totally understand, but I can't do anything to get it sooner.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-24 01:59
If what DACHA suggests is true then it's (so sad, so sad, it's a sad) sad situation.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 955956957 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic