Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition

Previous  123 ... 954955956 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 18:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Exynos 5420 w/GTS ... interesting development today. CCI-400 is implemented now as well, more than not due to the architecture wrt the integration of the T628 GPU. We will finally see the perf/batt claims of the octa core realized (so many ppl butthurt over semantics with that one..). I doubt that Krait400 will be able to match both sides (perf/batt as its not a true A15 but only 4xKrait400 no lower power cores to utilize) of that equation. Now will Samsung release an i9501 in response to LG/Moto/Sony fall updates? If Sammy can manage to release a 64GB internal storage version, Honami's camera is not going to be able to keep my interest.
[ This Message was edited by: my ninja on 2013-07-23 18:00 ]
sonyland
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 19:36
The overtaking manoeuvre of Nokia with a great cam is very clever, because all phones high-tech will have great screen, qualcomm s800 , 2gb ram etc

Honami need distinguished more from the rest ( they have a great opportunity with sensor 2/3" ) if they want to be leaders in sales this winter
[ This Message was edited by: sonyland on 2013-07-23 18:42 ]
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 20:04

On 2013-07-23 16:20:09, jianlin wrote:

On 2013-07-23 15:44:09, Azerila wrote:
I think here we have the same case as htc one x. Honami is an awesome device like htc one x was but it's not going to sell well. Honami will have the best camera in Android market but everyone's disappointed with it. It has a huge battery, people say why is it so big. It has an improved Z design people say why is it same as Z. It has a speaker grill on the bottom, people say it destroys omnibalance design.
I'm not disappointed with it I actually believe it's awesome but I'm disappointed because now it's going to be a huge flop for Sony.
Today' it's not enough to make a wonderful product you even have to think about trolls comments. With all these big announcements Honami doesn't stand a chance. Moto X and iPhone 5s will rule the states' iPhone 5s will rule Japan and Note III and G2 will get whatever is left.
[ This Message was edited by: Azerila on 2013-07-23 14:51 ]

true story....sony honami only wins sony fans heart...others will say so big...huge bezels...same design...
Sony only mainly makes their phones now for Sony fans. It doesn't matter if other people want to hate on every Sony phone, just because it is made by Sony, because in the end it's their loss. They're more concerned with maintaining their already loyal fan base and if any additional fans (no matter how few) join the whirlwind, then great, but it's not their main highest priority. At least Sony are doing what is in their best interests in this regard.
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 20:10

On 2013-07-23 20:04:36, nightwing369 wrote:

On 2013-07-23 16:20:09, jianlin wrote:

On 2013-07-23 15:44:09, Azerila wrote:
I think here we have the same case as htc one x. Honami is an awesome device like htc one x was but it's not going to sell well. Honami will have the best camera in Android market but everyone's disappointed with it. It has a huge battery, people say why is it so big. It has an improved Z design people say why is it same as Z. It has a speaker grill on the bottom, people say it destroys omnibalance design.
I'm not disappointed with it I actually believe it's awesome but I'm disappointed because now it's going to be a huge flop for Sony.
Today' it's not enough to make a wonderful product you even have to think about trolls comments. With all these big announcements Honami doesn't stand a chance. Moto X and iPhone 5s will rule the states' iPhone 5s will rule Japan and Note III and G2 will get whatever is left.
[ This Message was edited by: Azerila on 2013-07-23 14:51 ]

true story....sony honami only wins sony fans heart...others will say so big...huge bezels...same design...
Sony only mainly makes their phones now for Sony fans. It doesn't matter if other people want to hate on every Sony phone, just because it is made by Sony, because in the end it's their loss. They're more concerned with maintaining their already loyal fan base and if any additional fans (no matter how few) join the whirlwind, then great, but it's not their main highest priority. At least Sony are doing what is in their best interests in this regard.

Yes, its a good thing. Apple managed to stay afloat, quite comfortably pre-iPhone by being a cult phenomenon. A relatively small, but incredibly loyal userbase. If Sony can find something like that to keep them going while they're still restructuring a little, then they can eventually aggressively expand.

At the same time, I don't want Sony to get Apple or Samsung huge. Being a relatively small fish, has brought the best out of them. They've needed to fight hard to compete. When they were big, when the PS2 was killing all competition, they got complacent and lost shit-loads of money with the PS3 and the rest of their business.
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 20:32

On 2013-07-23 18:12:53, unknown13x wrote:
Why is everyone so disappointed? What design were you guys expecting? I think razec is right, people have too high expectations....

One other thing, Sony doesn't really look at Nokia for market spec reference. They're targeting Samsung as their main target. I don't see how this is inferior to S4...

It's still a good all around upgrade from the Z. The screen alone is good enough for an upgrade.

I complete agree with you, the only real disappointment with Honami is the 16GB ROM. That's not excusable for Q3 '13 flagship. Everything else seems top notch (including design).
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 20:40

On 2013-07-14 15:59:16, randomuser wrote:
Yes since it's a prototype the EXIF info must have been screwed up intentionally.

Anyway here's XR5 data on camera

20.2 MP Exmor R back illuminated 2/3" Sensor
28mm equiv f2.0 Sony G Lens
Super SteadyShot Image Stabilization
ISO 50-12800
Xenon Flash + LED Flash for video
Manual controls
BIONZ ISP
Optional add on lenses and accessories
Multitude of picture settings similar to 2013 Sony cybershot range cameras

[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-07-14 15:18 ]

Time to change that XR-system?

Am I the only one who is disturbed by the fact that 99% of all the rumours about Honami has been total bullshit? And dont give me that crap about "Sony changed the specs". My guess is that the honami specs has been finalized for a very long time, probably from the start.

moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-23 20:47
^um.. of that list, the only thing you can reasonably say is bullshit is the xenon flash based on the newest leaked photos, and maybe the sensor size.

everything else, there's really no way of knowing at this point.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 20:51
^ Not just that. I have heard from an insider that Sony leaked the specs as damage control because of all wrong rumors that were floating on the internet. Most of the rumors started on Esato and a lot of websites were promoting the i1 with outrageous specs. At the end it would have damaged the sales because the expectations were way too high.
[ This Message was edited by: DACHA on 2013-07-23 19:53 ]
Azerila
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 20:56
Xbox One to outsell PS4 by 3:1
http://www.gamepur.com/news/1[....]argin-31-predicts-analyst.html
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 21:04

On 2013-07-23 20:51:30, DACHA wrote:
^ Not just that. I have heard from an insider that Sony leaked the specs as damage control because of all wrong rumors that were floating on the internet. Most of the rumors started on Esato and a lot of websites were promoting the i1 with outrageous specs. At the end it would have damaged the sales because the expectations were way too high.

Wow. That's f*cked up.
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 21:08
this board doesnt learn... again, and forever P5i aka Paris will be the boards most humbling moment, as a beacon. no one uses it though... happens every year, without fail. ultrahype echo chamber.. the need for baseless specs creates this monster annually.. but curbing enthusiasm is a lost art here.
sonyland
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 21:12
smartphones costs as a laptop

We need more incentives to spend our money
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 21:12
The roller coaster ride that is this thread though. One day everyone is in high spirits, the specs are out of this world, the next day people are disappointed due to a new leak or rumor that brings everything back down to earth so goes the cycle.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 21:18

On 2013-07-23 20:04:36, nightwing369 wrote:

I hope you are being sarcastic. Sony is a publicly traded company and therefore has to answer to their shareholders and so Sony's loss is a shareholder's loss and losing money usually upsets shareholders, especially if it has occurred for the past few quarters or years.

So no Sony doesn't only make phones for fans, they make phones for consumers, and some of those happen to be hardcore fans like myself, with some not always satisfied 100% or even at all.

Sony's highest priority now is not to maintain their fan base, their main priority is to cut financial losses and any spending that is not necessary at this moment. This requires heavy restructuring at Sony's divisions, so selling divisions or integrating smaller divisions within a larger division.

As for the leaked new photos, yes the bezel is large, and perhaps the camera isn't the super duper giga pixel one some folks expected but as current tech stands, if you want a thin phone and incredible camera with a large sensor, don't expect a super thin device, current tech doesn't allow this. Perhaps somewhere down the line in the future, some new technology will allow this but until then, I'm more than happy to carry around a cellphone and my NEX, because no matter what Sony does to the camera lens or sensor or imaging processor on a cell phone sub 10mm, it won't come nowhere near the quality of a APC-S sensor.

And if it looks like a rehashed Z, so be it, the Z looks amazing, and I am more than thrilled Sony has kept a similar design, continuity with slight evolution is a good thing, because changing the design every year creates confusion and doesn't build brand image.

As for comparison between this and the S4, any winner is a personal opinion, both phones have strong points, of course the Sony has an upper hand due to the fact it is coming out almost 6-8 months later and has newer tech but I will say the screen on the S4 is gorgeous and that's about it. Samsung is definitely worried with the crop of new phones, I will presume mainly the new Iphone, but no doubt the Sony with the S800 and 3000mAh battery will be no pushover, this explains why S4's with S800 cpus have been testing, partly might be also to do with built in LTE radio.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Honami, especially with it's dedicated camera button and larger battery If the headphone jack is open like on the Z ultra, which it should be, then I might have found my new phone to replace my S2.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 21:19

On 2013-07-23 21:08:17, my ninja wrote:
this board doesnt learn... again, and forever P5i aka Paris will be the boards most humbling moment, as a beacon. no one uses it though... happens every year, without fail. ultrahype echo chamber.. the need for baseless specs creates this monster annually.. but curbing enthusiasm is a lost art here.

I'll never forget Paris :lol: even those of us who didn't read this thread knew a lot about it, you'd have sworn it was official, but if I'm not mistaken it ended up being cancelled along with Symbian UIQ3.3? Very humbling.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 954955956 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic