Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 953954955 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 16:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Now I wonder what happened to ramu's and Huiyi's sources.
dr.W
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 16:45

On 2013-07-23 16:19:01, unknownC151A wrote:

On 2013-07-23 15:44:09, Azerila wrote:
I think here we have the same case as htc one x. Honami is an awesome device like htc one x was but it's not going to sell well. Honami will have the best camera in Android market but everyone's disappointed with it. It has a huge battery, people say why is it so big. It has an improved Z design people say why is it same as Z. It has a speaker grill on the bottom, people say it destroys omnibalance design.
I'm not disappointed with it I actually believe it's awesome but I'm disappointed because now it's going to be a huge flop for Sony.
Today' it's not enough to make a wonderful product you even have to think about trolls comments. With all these big announcements Honami doesn't stand a chance. Moto X and iPhone 5s will rule the states' iPhone 5s will rule Japan and Note III and G2 will get whatever is left.
[ This Message was edited by: Azerila on 2013-07-23 14:51 ]

As a Samsung or Nokia fanboy viewpoint, it's maybe a failure.
I know you're trying hard to bring your Samsung influence here, but please stop. Sony has been successful outside the US and US will never be a benchmark for success. Sony did wonderfully well outside it and outsold HTC, the doomed-Motorola and Nokia worldwide. America don't revolve around the world, fortunately. And Xperia A sold extremely well in Japan.
Consumer's viewpoint? It's like a magnet, attracting customers stunned by the 20MP camera in a slim package. I will repeat again. Consumers DON'T CARE ABOUT SENSOR SIZE, BATTERY CAPACITY and so on. As long it look nice on first impression, with great marketing and a awesome sales man, it will sell. Not because how small the camera sensor is or what Azerila predict.

Ramu, are you a magician? Because the Xenon magically disappeared

I was told you guys there's no Xenon flash.
[ This Message was edited by: unknownC151A on 2013-07-23 15:20 ]

So everyplace else in the world Sony outsells Samsung except the US? Sony's problem is not just that they have a bad relationship with US carriers. Its the fact that they brought a knife to a gunfight. Samsung spends >$10billion in advertising, Sony spends far far less. Its that simple. Sony has gotten a bit arrogant lately and actually believed that all they have to do is put Sony on a product and people will buy it. That might have been the case 20 years ago, but they are not 5x better than everyone anymore. They have to advertise and they have to play the game with US carriers to get there phones out there and into people's heads. You might think the US doesn't matter, I don't think Sony, or any other company, agrees with you. Its not the only game in town, but its still a big one and will be for a while. If people at Sony think like you they will never be a big player. The people in the US still know Sony and it has a very good reputation. If Sony worked with the carriers and increased their advertising budget so everyone knew they made great phones, their phones would sell very well. Samsung built up their television market share here by advertising a product almost as good as Sony for half the price. Now they are in everyone's head and can charge almost whatever they want. Sony has to remind everyone that they still have some of the best, if not the best, technology and that's what you will get with their phones. Being able to say they have the best camera on any android phone will be a huge deal and one people will believe because they know Sony makes great cameras. If they don't screw it up, this could be their way back to the top in the US.

By the way, I think you meant to say that the world does not revolve around America (not the other way around). This may be true, but there is no need to bash the US here, we're not to blame for Sony's problems. Sony is to blame for Sony's problems. Americans are no different than anyone else, they will buy the phone that they think is the best, but if its not even available to them from their carrier then its hard for them to buy it. I had a P910 and then an Xperia X1, they were both awesome phones. I bought them both directly from Sony as I couldn't get them from AT&T. Sony needs to stop thinking the world revolves around them and start doing what everyone else does, play the game with the carriers. They thought they were Apple and could dictate terms. Twenty years ago that was true, but not today. I hope they realize it and change before its too late.
[ This Message was edited by: dr.W on 2013-07-23 15:51 ]
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 16:54

On 2013-07-23 16:45:40, dr.W wrote:

I think here we have the same case as htc one x. Honami is an awesome device like htc one x was but it's not going to sell well. Honami will have the best camera in Android market but everyone's disappointed with it. It has a huge battery, people say why is it so big. It has an improved Z design people say why is it same as Z. It has a speaker grill on the bottom, people say it destroys omnibalance design.
I'm not disappointed with it I actually believe it's awesome but I'm disappointed because now it's going to be a huge flop for Sony.
Today' it's not enough to make a wonderful product you even have to think about trolls comments. With all these big announcements Honami doesn't stand a chance. Moto X and iPhone 5s will rule the states' iPhone 5s will rule Japan and Note III and G2 will get whatever is left.

I know you're trying hard to bring your Samsung influence here, but please stop. Sony has been successful outside the US and US will never be a benchmark for success. Sony did wonderfully well outside it and outsold HTC, the doomed-Motorola and Nokia worldwide. America don't revolve around the world, fortunately. And Xperia A sold extremely well in Japan.
Consumer's viewpoint? It's like a magnet, attracting customers stunned by the 20MP camera in a slim package. I will repeat again. Consumers DON'T CARE ABOUT SENSOR SIZE, BATTERY CAPACITY and so on. As long it look nice on first impression, with great marketing and a awesome sales man, it will sell. Not because how small the camera sensor is or what Azerila predict.

So everyplace else in the world Sony outsells Samsung except the US? Sony's problem is not just that they have a bad relationship with US carriers. Its the fact that they brought a knife to a gunfight. Samsung spends >$10billion in advertising, Sony spends far far less. Its that simple. Sony has gotten a bit arrogant lately and actually believed that all they have to do is put Sony on a product and people will buy it. That might have been the case 20 years ago, but they are not 5x better than everyone anymore. They have to advertise and they have to play the game with US carriers to get there phones out there and into people's heads. You might think the US doesn't matter, I don't think Sony, or any other company, agrees with you. Its not the only game in town, but its still a big one and will be for a while. If people at Sony think like you they will never be a big player. The people in the US still know Sony and it has a very good reputation. If Sony worked with the carriers and increased their advertising budget so everyone knew they made great phones, their phones would sell very well. Samsung built up their television market share here by advertising a product almost as good as Sony for half the price. Now they are in everyone's head and can charge almost whatever they want. Sony has to remind everyone that they still have some of the best, if not the best, technology and that's what you will get with their phones. Being able to say they have the best camera on any android phone will be a huge deal and one people will believe because they know Sony makes great cameras. If they don't screw it up, this could be their way back to the top in the US.

Again, learning to read is extremely important. I never said Sony outsell Samsung. I clearly said HTC and Motorola. I never said US is not important. But I said it's will never ever be a measure of success of products. ZTE, Lenovo sold more phones than Nokia, does it even have presence in the US?
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 17:09
not sure if this has been posted here before

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-more-info-about-the-bodyless-lens-camera-and-a-good-nex-ff-news/

According to andrea's info (for those lazy to read)
The first lens as stated before will be RX100MKii grade while the second one will be 1/2.3" 18MP with 10x zoom
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2013-07-23 16:10 ]
10 years at Esato
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-23 17:23
@razec - thanks for the summary.. i was too lazy to read btw.. the ubuntu edge is still in prototype land isn't it? so their "ideal" specs, might not come true. also, by the time it does go into production, if it gets the crowd sourcing it needs, those "ideal" specs will probably be reality on a major manufacturer.

as for these pics of honami, I want to see the white version! and I'll save any major criticisms til the official announcement. Does it have everything I want and need - definitely (at least based on rumored info). Don't care too much about xenon or 2/3" sensor. though they would be great, it's not a requirement for me. as long as what it does have produces stunning daylight photos with amazing color and detail and beats the competition (probably not nokia) in low light, then what more can you ask for?

Also, it really does look exactly like the see plus the speaker grill and a larger camera lense with different placement. I was hoping the edges would be like the ZU, instead of recessed like the Z.

I want to see official pics and specs before i make a final decision of whether I'll get honami or hang onto my XS a little more. Money is a little tight, so unless I am completely wow'ed.. i'll probably have to wait. Or have stedus by it for me
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-07-23 16:48 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
dr.W
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 17:44

On 2013-07-23 16:54:03, unknownC151A wrote:

On 2013-07-23 16:45:40, dr.W wrote:

Again, learning to read is extremely important. I never said Sony outsell Samsung. I clearly said HTC and Motorola. I never said US is not important. But I said it's will never ever be a measure of success of products. ZTE, Lenovo sold more phones than Nokia, does it even have presence in the US?

Ok, this is the last time I will respond to one of your posts if you are going to insult me. I posted a polite, reasonable response to your post and you accuse me of not being able to read. If you can't talk to someone civilly then don't talk to them at all. With regard to Samsung, I never claimed you said that. My point was that Samsung is the only android player making a profit, if you're not shooting for that then why be in the game in the first place. But please, tell me why the US will never be a measure of success for products.

unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 17:51
Ok, this is the last time I will respond to one of your posts if you are going to insult me. I posted a polite, reasonable response to your post and you accuse me of not being able to read. If you can't talk to someone civilly then don't talk to them at all. With regard to Samsung, I never claimed you said that. My point was that Samsung is the only android player making a profit, if you're not shooting for that then why be in the game in the first place. But please, tell me why the US will never be a measure of success for products.

My apologies for being rude. However, US will not be a measure for success. ZTE, Huawei, Lenovo, all successful with some or no US presence. Sony Mobile is still losing money due to the amalgamation with Sony corp and the merger with the Vaio department. And fyi, HTC makes some money even if they don't sell as much phones.
xperia_aio
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 17:53

On 2013-07-23 17:51:45, unknownC151A wrote:
My apologies for being rude. However, US will not be a measure for success. ZTE, Huawei, Lenovo, all successful with some or no US presence. Sony Mobile is still losing money due to the amalgamation with Sony corp and the merger with the Vaio department. And fyi, HTC makes some money even if they don't sell as much phones.

also i dont think its fair to base a company's success based on one market.. it should be looked at globally
unknown13x
Z600
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 18:12
Why is everyone so disappointed? What design were you guys expecting? I think razec is right, people have too high expectations....

One other thing, Sony doesn't really look at Nokia for market spec reference. They're targeting Samsung as their main target. I don't see how this is inferior to S4...

It's still a good all around upgrade from the Z. The screen alone is good enough for an upgrade.
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 18:14
Hey guys chill out, and please give Ramu a break...

A number of things Ramu provided turned true for previous devices, and are in line with latest leaks for honami.
A number of things may turn wrong: well this is rumors.
What Ramu was told may have been piece wise info, incomplete, and end-up be an accessory.

It is cool to have leaked pics to discuss and all, but until Sep 4, we don't know what will be announced.
In particular how many devices, what accessories (not sure of the high quality lens without a flash somewhere).
And there may be other devices coming after that, as several people talked about a mystery device.

In the end, what is important for the camera is... pic quality, rather than the sensor size.
If pics are good and no noticeable difference with Nokia in most situations, i don't see why Sony would have problems marketing it!
They target real people that make 99% of the market and have no clue about sensor size, and will judge on facts, so let us also wait for the facts and judge on facts.
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
Azerila
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 18:18
What is the contrast ratio of Honami's screen? browsing the last pages I can see 1:2300, 2000 and even 3000 so which one is correct?
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-23 18:21
^no one knows. there is only speculation til official announcement and someone takes it apart to see what kind of panel it is.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 18:22
^^If I remember it right, 2000:1. But I don't want to believe anything right now.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 18:36
Sony doesn't have the $$$ to compete with Samsung on marketing investment. 10 Million Dollars is better spent on R&D. The Xperia Z was marketed extremely well, and there is no reason to believe that the Honami won't be.

Secondly, people need to learn to manage expectations. I thought everyone already knew the Honami would look like a modded Xperia Z with a slightly larger camera. OK, it is disappointing to see that it doesn't have a 2/3 sensor when it was mentioned so many times, and perhaps its disappointing to not see Xenon flash. On the whole though, the Honami is a pretty good all-round package. Larger than average sensor, Triluminos screen, x-reality etc. Not to mention that its still waterproofed.

Wait if you want, but remember if you expect too much, too soon, you may end up waiting forever for a product that will never exist.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-07-23 18:49
Chill out, here's an OT:

VZW's DROID line-up refreshed: DROID Ultra, DROID MAXX and DROID mini enter the scene

"Motorola has managed to make this year's MAXX thinner than the previous one, as it's going to sport a sexy 8.5mm profile." And it has a 3500 mAh battery.

Another surprise is its homegrown SoC, but no othere details about what's inside except that it would be an "8-core" chip: dual-core application processor, four graphics cores, a contextual computing core, and another core for "natural language processing.

The 10-megapixel main camera looks larger than Z's, though that's what my eyes tell me.

End of OT.

Edit, from Endgadget of Motorola's X8:

"...two 1.7GHz dual-core Qualcomm 8960 Pro CPUs, a quad-core Adreno 320 GPU and two additional contextual cores (one for language and the other for a range of sensors)."

Source: Motorola Droid Mini for Verizon hands-on
[ This Message was edited by: itsjustJOH on 2013-07-23 18:16 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 953954955 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic