Previous  123 ... 939940941 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-07-19 17:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-07-19 17:03:02, MartenR wrote:
I think Xperia Z was a huge missed opportunity because there were many many small problems with it. One of them is screen lottery, the other is poor camera software, gray UI, 3.5 mm jack flap etc. If they could have gotten half of these problems right they would have sold much more units and the costumers would have been much happier but now Honami will have Z's bad reputation with it. They really messed up with Z.

I am not sure buddy.

People who were in the market for a phone when the z released are not the ones that are in the market when Honami releases (excluding me and many of esato members, as we skipped the z!). Majority of people (the market Sony and everyone is after) did probably not notice the issues you mention, and would not remember.
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
semo
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2013-07-19 17:21

I think Xperia Z was a huge missed opportunity because there were many many small problems with it. One of them is screen lottery, the other is poor camera software, gray UI, 3.5 mm jack flap etc. If they could have gotten half of these problems right they would have sold much more units and the costumers would have been much happier but now Honami will have Z's bad reputation with it. They really messed up with Z.

The only real bad reputation was due to the screen viewing angles (amplified a lot by competitors and their supporting media) although most of the people who bought the phone or tried it usually were happy with the screen.
Camera software should have been fixed by now since people noticed already in the beginning that the 'normal' mode was giving worse results than 'burst' mode. And I don't think that Z got a bad reputation anyway.
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-07-19 17:25

On 2013-07-19 17:12:17, Shotokan81 wrote:

I am not sure buddy.

People who were in the market for a phone when the z released are not the ones that are in the market when Honami releases (excluding me and many of esato members, as we skipped the z!). Majority of people (the market Sony and everyone is after) did probably not notice the issues you mention, and would not remember.

Count Me In... I did not buy the Z for the screen and, ESPECIALLY, the 3.5 flap (as I am a music whore)... But all the other things where really ok for me... But as you said i think too that not everybody known about this problem a LOT of people do not bother these things and are not so informed about tech... and the person that did not know these things, but did not buy Z, could probably buy Honami!
I really hope for a good marketing strategy for the Honami... great commercial, a lot of buzz and well payed review ( )! Go Sony... you need to sell a lot! You deserve it
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-19 17:38
i'm not really excited about the whole external lens thing with built in sensors UNLESS they can somehow managed to make the lens quite small and not a burden to carry around.

if it's anything like the concept shown in 2011 at CES, then i'd pass. I mean, if it's that big, why not just carry around a dedicated point and shoot ? I suppose the only benefit would be ease of software updating and the option to potentially use different apps with the lens. But still, for me, at least, it's about convenience of having one device. If i'm having to lug around another lens that's nearly the size of an RX100 anyway, then there is no real benefit to me, in my opinion.

cool concept, but practicality and convenience seems.. weak in my view.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-07-19 17:49

On 2013-07-19 17:38:55, moogoo wrote:

if it's anything like the concept shown in 2011 at CES, then i'd pass. I mean, if it's that big, why not just carry around a dedicated point and shoot ?

The WVIL concept at CES 2011 had a Full frame sensor and zoom lens in it, and the phone in use was extremely thick to begin with. The Sony version on he other hand will be using a smaller sensor, hence smaller lens size as well.
10 years at Esato
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-19 17:58
still.. unless the lens is the size of say, a stack of 4 US quarters, I don't think i'd be interested. I'd rather they try their best to shove it into the phone itself and make the phone thicker or something. I'd probably lose the damn external lens if it's too small and if its too big, i won't want to carry it.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-07-19 18:06

You should really stop thinking based on a Samsung fanboy viewpoint. The issues you mentioned are what I call crap. Most consumers DON'T give DAMN about grey UI or flaps. As long the phone is value for money, smooth and looks good on first impression, it's already mine.
They didn't mess up the Z. Normal consumers don't go round comparing photo qualities with friends or compare who's phone have flaps in the jack. Try harder next time.
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-07-19 18:12
I got a vision that the lens needs to be connected to the dock pins in order for it to function and u can't put it anywhere u like besides on the dock pins lol. I may be wrong
unknown13x
Z600
PM
Posted: 2013-07-19 18:17
I believe I've mentioned before that Honami will utilize a lens accessory. So be ready to see it with Honami for sure
Azerila
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-19 18:21
To all who say it will be so big and use a lot of battery: This lens actually has no processing power and the optics don't move. it's just a sensor and lense, nothing more.
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-07-19 18:22

On 2013-07-19 18:17:53, unknown13x wrote:
I believe I've mentioned before that Honami will utilize a lens accessory. So be ready to see it with Honami for sure

Yea u and randomuser told us about it
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-07-19 18:24
Maybe Honami would come with the lens accessory as a package bundle? that would be a sweet deal if you ask me

10 years at Esato
Ambroos
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-19 18:28
It's unlikely the lens is Sony Mobile, don't expect close integration with Honami. It'll probably work on it but Honami won't launch with it and it won't be the main selling point of the phone.
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-07-19 18:36

On 2013-07-19 18:28:26, Ambroos wrote:
It's unlikely the lens is Sony Mobile, don't expect close integration with Honami. It'll probably work on it but Honami won't launch with it and it won't be the main selling point of the phone.

U said they wont be additional lens for honami before
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-07-19 18:37

On 2013-07-19 18:28:26, Ambroos wrote:

Naaah... I don't think so... surely it will be engeenered by Sony Camera section but it will launch with Honami and with perfect integration with it... For the One Sony Idea! it will be announced with it (but still work with different devices) as the Magnetic Dock, the SBH52 and the Smartwatch Ultra... they were announced with and for it... but still they will work with any Android Phone (except the magnetic dock which will just work with Xperia that have magnetic dots)...
As you can see the Z Ultra has a page with accessories for Him... I think it will be the same with Honami
http://www.sonymobile.com/it/[....]eria-z-ultra/accessories/#tabs

On 2013-07-19 18:24:59, razec wrote:
Maybe Honami would come with the lens accessory as a package bundle? that would be a sweet deal if you ask me

SUPERSWEET ... would love it
Even Better... free to the first 100 preorders... people could go nuts I WOULD GO NUTS...! I WOULD STAY UP ALL NIGHT IF NECESSARY
In UK if you preordered the Z from Sonystore you get a 299$ stereo headphones http://www.etechmag.com/2013/[....]-worth-xperia-preorder-uk.html
[ This Message was edited by: CrownedAkuma on 2013-07-19 17:45 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 939940941 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic