Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition

Previous  123 ... 925926927 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
sponse
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 12:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
guys i saw 2 photo samples of the camera of honami couple of weeks ago.
i have found that information:
first pic
Focal length: 4.9mm
iso 160
f/2.0
Centerweighted-Average metering
image size: 5248 × 3936
resolution: 72 Pixel per Inch

info for flash in the sec pic: (iso50)
df:li>50
/rdf:Seq>
exif:ISOSpeedRatings>
exif:ShutterSpeedValue>564/100
exif:ApertureValue>2000000/1000000
exif:ExposureBiasValue>0/3
exif:MeteringMode>2
exif:LightSource>0
exif:Flash rdf:parseType="Resource">
exif:Fired>True
exif:Return>0
exif:Mode>3
exif:Function>False
exif:RedEyeMode>False
exif:Flash>
[ This Message was edited by: sponse on 2013-07-16 11:35 ]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 12:39

On 2013-07-16 12:33:27, sponse wrote:
guys i saw 2 photo samples of the camera of honami couple of weeks ago.
i have found that information:
first pic
Focal length: 4.9mm
iso 160
f/2.0
Centerweighted-Average metering
image size: 5248 × 3936
resolution: 72 Pixel per Inch

info for flash in the sec pic: (iso50)
df:li>50
/rdf:Seq>
exif:ISOSpeedRatings>
exif:ShutterSpeedValue>564/100
exif:ApertureValue>2000000/1000000
exif:ExposureBiasValue>0/3
exif:MeteringMode>2
exif:LightSource>0
exif:Flash rdf:parseType="Resource">
exif:Fired>True
exif:Return>0
exif:Mode>3
exif:Function>False
exif:RedEyeMode>False
exif:Flash>
[ This Message was edited by: sponse on 2013-07-16 11:35 ]

the focal length when viewed on Microsoft's built in EXIF viewer on the windows explorer would reveal 5mm, I suggest you try that
10 years at Esato
sponse
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 12:40
I just found that an Israeli guy has the honami in his hands!
he can confirm that the details of the specs are like the ones reported here..
s800
2gb ram
3000mha

he says that the camera is 20.7 megapixels Exmor RS

and there is a photo of the front too:

[ This Message was edited by: sponse on 2013-07-16 11:43 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 12:49
http://translate.google.co.in[....]:en-US:official%26channel%3Dnp

Is this the link?
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-07-16 11:50 ]
u2jewel
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 12:53
I hope that this post isn't too OT...

I am curious about the process behind creating/testing up and coming models and prototypes.

I am sure it varies from company to company, and on the budget assigned and all....

And I am also sorry if this has been covered in previous posts elsewhere, but here it goes...

1) During the development period of new devices such as the Honami, how many prototypes are likely to be built?

2) Do each prototype versions that are getting road tested stay the same in spec terms, or do they go back to the workshop to get them tweaked and upgraded as problems arise/better ideas and solutions appear? Or everytime a modification is required they build new and retire the proto that was used up until then?

3) For device with high profile and expectations with so much riding on it, how many working mules are likely to simultaneously exist (in the same spec, identical units)?

4) Are all proto testers Sony employees? Or are some outside contractors?

5) Where are the Sony Protos created/fabricated? Since they are preproduction, I assume they are individually assembled by hand

6) I am no expert (as can be observed by random questions above!) but surely in terms of time-frame (for Honami intro in late Aug/early Sept), the specs need to be locked down and decided already?? Can I assume that the last couple of months before the unveiling are dedicated to actually stress testing the final spec version (but still pre-production) and heavily using/testing them in real life terms?

7) From past experience (with the benefit of hindsight), roughly what % of info obtained pre-launch is
a)deliberately leaked info for publicity and expectation/hype building
b)leaked info that was meant to stay secret
c)disinformation (as red herring, keep people off track...)

I can't believe so many variants of Honami in different specs exist at this stage in preproduction life.
It may have existed, but to develop and fine tune and then test so many vairants of hardware..... really?

Are teams within Sony mobile dept so compartmentalised that some people know the name only, some people know hardware only, some software only and hardly anybody sees the whole picture?

Or are SONY better than most at keeping info tight within teams?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 12:57
There are 3-4 different Honami prototypes. Or were until a couple of weeks back. All with slightly different hardware. Early protos had smaller sensor (1/2")

@sponse

I believe that pic is fake and nor do those guys have a prototype. Look at the nav bar. It's a PS job.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-07-16 11:58 ]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 13:00

On 2013-07-16 12:53:32, u2jewel wrote:

I am curious about the process behind creating/testing up and coming models and prototypes.

I am sure it varies from company to company, and on the budget assigned and all....

And I am also sorry if this has been covered in previous posts elsewhere, but here it goes...

1) During the development period of new devices such as the Honami, how many prototypes are likely to be built?

2) Do each prototype versions that are getting road tested stay the same in spec terms, or do they go back to the workshop to get them tweaked and upgraded as problems arise/better ideas and solutions appear? Or everytime a modification is required they build new and retire the proto that was used up until then?

3) For device with high profile and expectations with so much riding on it, how many working mules are likely to simultaneously exist (in the same spec, identical units)?

5) Where are the Sony Protos created/fabricated? Since they are preproduction, I assume they are individually assembled by hand

6) I am no expert (as can be observed by random questions above!) but surely in terms of time-frame (for Honami intro in late Aug/early Sept), the specs need to be locked down and decided already?? Can I assume that the last couple of months before the unveiling are dedicated to actually stress testing the final spec version (but still pre-production) and heavily using/testing them in real life terms?

7) From past experience (with the benefit of hindsight), roughly what % of info obtained pre-launch is

I can't believe so many variants of Honami in different specs exist at this stage in preproduction life.
It may have existed, but to develop and fine tune and then test so many vairants of hardware..... really?

Are teams within Sony mobile dept so compartmentalised that some people know the name only, some people know hardware only, some software only and hardly anybody sees the whole picture?

your observations makes sense

no bro
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2013-07-16 12:01 ]
10 years at Esato
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 13:03

On 2013-07-16 12:53:32, u2jewel wrote:

No. I'm confidently sure Sony give prototypes to all telecoms planning to hold the phone. I played with z prototype b4 and it's the final design. But the software isn't. Some little facts: camera UI was a little different, no Stamina Mode and different wallpapers.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 13:04

On 2013-07-16 12:57:08, randomuser wrote:

I believe that pic is fake and nor do those guys have a prototype. Look at the nav bar. It's a PS job.

I was astounded by the discrepancy on the noise surrounding the viewfinder display and the black background containing the image resolution option as well asthe sony logo
10 years at Esato
sponse
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 13:05

On 2013-07-16 12:49:17, randomuser wrote:
http://translate.google.co.in[....]:en-US:official%26channel%3Dnp

Is this the link?
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-07-16 11:50 ]

Yes, i was talking to a Guy that is one of the editors of the site, and he contact the one who has actually seen the phone. he says that there is a groove
in the back of the phone, that was empty (he had the device 3 weeks ago).
i showed him a photo of the IR blaster that can be found on the docomo version of the xperia z, and he said that he isn't sure but it doesn't look like that.... so maybe its a groove for the xenon flash.
jianlin
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 13:08
and there is a photo of the front too:

[ This Message was edited by: sponse on 2013-07-16 11:43 ]

[/quote]

damn the bezel...is thicker than 2010 flagship x10...
hoping for zl version honami....zl front design is the best for 2013 xperia for me...
still cant accept the people say most beautiful xperia ever....
hope that this is updated z....not the honami....
[ This Message was edited by: jianlin on 2013-07-16 12:20 ]
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 13:13
^
what did others post,is it back of the honami,very funny
sponse
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 13:15

On 2013-07-16 12:57:08, randomuser wrote:
There are 3-4 different Honami prototypes. Or were until a couple of weeks back. All with slightly different hardware. Early protos had smaller sensor (1/2")

@sponse

i don't believe its fake, as i know the people in the site, they won't do that.
p.s.

when the xperia S was out, i saw a photo of the phone 2 month before the release, and yes it was an israeli guy too..
so maybe the photo is legit, but we can't tell much though, only that the thick bezel that you have confirmed while ago are true.
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 13:42

look at where the light shines it looks like carbon fibre to me..

[ This Message was edited by: sami92a on 2013-07-16 12:42 ]
qkp1994
Sony Xperia TL
PM
Posted: 2013-07-16 13:54
Is it me or the camera seems to locate in the middle of the phone?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 925926927 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic