Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition

Previous  123 ... 920921922 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
MusaD.Dragon
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 14:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Random thought , wouldn't it be cool if Honami had a flash light coming out from the side juste like the rx100
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 14:55

On 2013-07-15 14:47:51, randomuser wrote:
@Ambi

Razec mentioned nothing about BIONZ

He seems pretty insightful on that issue;

On 2013-07-15 13:32:22, razec wrote:
I think the credit should go to the guy who trusted me and gave those samples for me to review

BTW if the BIONZ engine is VM based I don't think it would make a difference as compared to a HW based processing. ISPs are responsible for processing digital information collected through the photosites of the sensor and outputing them as readable digital image. powerful ISPs can perform more complex operation such as RAW processing, Noise Reduction and can even allow for higher burst speed at full resolution. basically just like CPUs and GPUs alike, they observe the same computing theory, the faster the ISP the more it can do, this is why top of the line cameras like the canon 1Dx that have two Digic5 chips and could do 14FPS burst rate while still being able to perform complex JPEG processing that outclasses every competing DSLRs in the market like their own single chip 5DMkIII.

Now if that software based BIONZ engine is programmed to perform processing algorithms similar to what a HW based chip would do, the question would now be, is S800 powerful enough to run this VM? I don't know for sure, while S800 is a very powerful chip, there is no single android app in existence that could harness the raw computing muscle of it. I believe Sony must have determined the extent of processing power this chip has, and has decided to leave the work on the chip since they deemed it powerful enough to do the work without necessitating a dedicated silicon.

EDIT: I'm guessing carbon fiber is out of the picture as well?
[ This Message was edited by: Ambivalent_ on 2013-07-15 13:56 ]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 15:09
@Ambi

I was just giving my insights on the difference between a software and a HW implementation. but to clarify things up, I have no idea what method Sony could have used on honami

BTW if you guys think a 1/2.3" sensor is not up to scratch, you can check this out

Sony HX50 ISO100, 20MP G lens 1/2.3" sample, Imaging-resource.com

and compare it with the sample from galaxy camera

Samsung Galaxy Camera ISO100 16MP 1/2.3" sensor

But please, make no mistake, I'm not giving hints about the sensor size used, Though honestly the fanboy side of me believes ramu info more, but it's better to keep our expectations low
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2013-07-15 14:17 ]
10 years at Esato
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 15:32

On 2013-07-15 15:09:30, razec wrote:
@Ambi

I was just giving my insights on the difference between a software and a HW implementation. but to clarify things up, I have no idea what method Sony could have used on honami

BTW if you guys think a 1/2.3" sensor is not up to scratch, you can check this out

But please, make no mistake, I'm not giving hints about the sensor size used, Though honestly the fanboy side of me believes ramu info more, but it's better to keep our expectations low

the Samsung Galaxy photo is more colourful than Sony HX50..
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 15:34

On 2013-07-15 15:32:16, sami92a wrote:

@Ambi

Colorrful doesn't means better. The color is not accurate. If colourful is better then the xperia sp camera is better than gs4 camera
xperia_aio
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 15:37

On 2013-07-15 15:32:16, sami92a wrote:

@Ambi

the Sony HX50 produces more realistic colour.. don't know if its just me, but it seems like the galaxy camera seems to produce a bluish tinge...
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 15:40
Sony's sensor produces a sharper image. There are better details, and less smudging than the Galaxy camera.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 15:42
ok let's end the comparison from here, I linked those samples from IR website to give you an idea how good sony's 1/2.3" sensor is compared to galaxy camera, and to tell you what HX50v is far better than the Samsung on many areas (corner sharpness, overall details, and better processing of red channel - a trait shared by Nikon cameras and are known weakness of Canons) please refer to the brush on the right side of the image to give you an idea how good the G lens is when dealing with lens aberration
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2013-07-15 14:45 ]
10 years at Esato
katamari201
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 20:44
Hey guys I'm done with this forum. Now that the sensor size has been more or less confirmed to be of a pathetic 1/2.3" size OR LESS, far smaller than the 808 Pureview or Lumia 1020, I don't see the point anymore. From all the leaked images, there was no way for a decent sized sensor to fit into that little top left corner with that small lens and be flush with the back. Sony fanboys here have been screaming about how great the camera is going to be, how it will wipe the floor with the Galaxy Camera, be comparable or exceed the 808 Pureview/Lumia 1020, and have a 1/1.6" size with interchangeable lenses and a whole bunch of baloney. Now you all are following the typical motions of cliche cognitive dissonance, trying to dig up info on how great a 1/2.3" sensor is on other cameras, making delusional claims of Sony making the sensor on Nokia's Pureview, whatever you can to twist it into a positive spin and pat yourself on the back to feel superior as a Sony fanboy. If The Lumia 1020 had been announced last week with only a 1/2.3", you would have shit all over it. But of course if Sony does it, there's nothing wrong. Sony is never wrong. And in fact, its the best thing in the world! I'm sure there will continue to be one-way bragging about how great a SMALLER sensor is, that it makes the phone slim, and that the images WILL BE AMAZING!

Unlike you all, I am not a delusional fanboy. I am only here in the hopes of a large sensor camera in a modern smartphone package. However, it seems Sony has failed me once again. The sensor may be larger than your typical 1/3" smartphone sensor, but if all of Sony's previous phones, especially the Xperia Z, is any indication, it will be saddled with a terrible lens and god awful software and processing that will make it even shittier than a 1/3" like that on the Galaxy S4. Sony cannot defy physics. Not only will the sensor be small, but the OIS will either be primitive or nonexistent. Most likely it doesn't even have OIS. It won't be remotely as good as even the Lumia 920 in low light. The Lumia 1020 has a big ass hump for a reason, for both the large sensor and the large apparatus for proper OIS. And don't give me the BS that low-light performance is not important. Over half of our time is spent indoors, and that means low and imperfect lighting. Not to mention shaky hands and blur.

So Honami is basically a refreshed Xperia Z with the next iterative processor and a slight thickness bump for a slightly better camera. It's no where near innovative or interesting anymore. It's just iterative, the next phone is Sony's six month flagship cycle, most likely saddled with the same terrible 5" washed out screen as the Xperia Z. At least the Xperia Z had an interesting new design. This is just a refresh.

And the worst thing about it is how late to the game it will be, AGAIN. The Lumia 1020 is coming out in 10 days. Honami won't even be announced until September, and then it won't even be available until late Novemeber or even December from what Sony Korea has said. What about US release? Probably next year. And you wanna talk about ridiculous pricing? The Xperia Z was already going for $650 upon release. I don't expect Honami to be cheaper. Hell, the Xperia Z actually just came out on T-mobile and it is pricing itself like a HTC One or Galaxy S4. Talk about laughable. The Lumia 1020 may be $700, but I'd pay the $50 premium for the far superior camera, non-crackable body, superior AMOLED screen, and a lag-free WP experience over Sony's laggy Android mutilation. And most important of all, its available and coming out NOW.
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 20:53

bla bla bla...
The last paragraph was actually enjoable really funny lines!

Bye bye... we will (not) miss you! have a good day sir
xperia_aio
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 21:01
No! Don't go! Then we won't have anyone to spew BS and try to annoy us! *mock sadness*

. . GOODBYE N GOOD RIDDANCE!!!
KazuoJohnson
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 21:03
And take Silvio Berlusconi with you!

calim
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 21:07
The weakest troll of all time has left us. Celebrations are in place!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 21:07

On 2013-07-15 20:44:35, katamari201 wrote:
Hey guys I'm done with this forum. Now that the sensor size has been more or less confirmed to be of a pathetic 1/2.3" size OR LESS, far smaller than the 808 Pureview or Lumia 1020, I don't see the point anymore. From all the leaked images, there was no way for a decent sized sensor to fit into that little top left corner with that small lens and be flush with the back. Sony fanboys here have been screaming about how great the camera is going to be, how it will wipe the floor with the Galaxy Camera, be comparable or exceed the 808 Pureview/Lumia 1020, and have a 1/1.6" size with interchangeable lenses and a whole bunch of baloney. Now you all are following the typical motions of cliche cognitive dissonance, trying to dig up info on how great a 1/2.3" sensor is on other cameras, making delusional claims of Sony making the sensor on Nokia's Pureview, whatever you can to twist it into a positive spin and pat yourself on the back to feel superior as a Sony fanboy. If The Lumia 1020 had been announced last week with only a 1/2.3", you would have shit all over it. But of course if Sony does it, there's nothing wrong. Sony is never wrong. And in fact, its the best thing in the world! I'm sure there will continue to be one-way bragging about how great a SMALLER sensor is, that it makes the phone slim, and that the images WILL BE AMAZING!

Unlike you all, I am not a delusional fanboy. I am only here in the hopes of a large sensor camera in a modern smartphone package. However, it seems Sony has failed me once again. The sensor may be larger than your typical 1/3" smartphone sensor, but if all of Sony's previous phones, especially the Xperia Z, is any indication, it will be saddled with a terrible lens and god awful software and processing that will make it even shittier than a 1/3" like that on the Galaxy S4. Sony cannot defy physics. Not only will the sensor be small, but the OIS will either be primitive or nonexistent. Most likely it doesn't even have OIS. It won't be remotely as good as even the Lumia 920 in low light. The Lumia 1020 has a big ass hump for a reason, for both the large sensor and the large apparatus for proper OIS. And don't give me the BS that low-light performance is not important. Over half of our time is spent indoors, and that means low and imperfect lighting. Not to mention shaky hands and blur.

So Honami is basically a refreshed Xperia Z with the next iterative processor and a slight thickness bump for a slightly better camera. It's no where near innovative or interesting anymore. It's just iterative, the next phone is Sony's six month flagship cycle, most likely saddled with the same terrible 5" washed out screen as the Xperia Z. At least the Xperia Z had an interesting new design. This is just a refresh.

And the worst thing about it is how late to the game it will be, AGAIN. The Lumia 1020 is coming out in 10 days. Honami won't even be announced until September, and then it won't even be available until late Novemeber or even December from what Sony Korea has said. What about US release? Probably next year. And you wanna talk about ridiculous pricing? The Xperia Z was already going for $650 upon release. I don't expect Honami to be cheaper. Hell, the Xperia Z actually just came out on T-mobile and it is pricing itself like a HTC One or Galaxy S4. Talk about laughable. The Lumia 1020 may be $700, but I'd pay the $50 premium for the far superior camera, non-crackable body, superior AMOLED screen, and a lag-free WP experience over Sony's laggy Android mutilation. And most important of all, its available and coming out NOW.

Well said, but by giving the Nokia the credit it deserves you have now made it awkward for someone to call you a paid Samsung fanboy...that's what you're generally called if you don't agree with the Sony fans round here.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 21:09

On 2013-07-15 20:44:35, katamari201 wrote:
Some random S**t

So well... it has been 30 minutes from when you said you were going to leave this place... but you had been online since then... strange... are you enjoying the result of your trolling? why are you still here...?

On 2013-07-15 21:03:34, KazuoJohnson wrote:
And take Silvio Berlusconi with you!

LOL!!! Italian here! really he should take him Silvio with him LOL!
By the way...
Should we bet on how much time could pass before katamary returns? With his profile or even better with a new shining profile to troll again??
[ This Message was edited by: CrownedAkuma on 2013-07-15 20:18 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 920921922 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic