Previous  123 ... 911912913 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-07-12 20:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^Katamari201

Well I have nothing to say about your post, I think you are right on most of the points, but i have to say that I like you Username... is it beacause of KATAMARY damacy? The game?
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-12 20:56

On 2013-07-12 15:49:43, razec wrote:
Since One Sony is codenamed Honami I was wondering if Sony have installed a secret feature on the device that can be unlocked by entering the codes up up down down left right left right X and O

Honami isn't Konami
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-07-12 21:25

On 2013-07-12 20:56:15, moogoo wrote:

On 2013-07-12 15:49:43, razec wrote:
Since One Sony is codenamed Honami I was wondering if Sony have installed a secret feature on the device that can be unlocked by entering the codes up up down down left right left right X and O

Honami isn't Konami

LOL surely you should unlock a Metal Gear Solid theme/interface! with the ringtone as the codec and the message as the "!" alert sound and obviously when you call someone you would start random conversation about film, weapons, animal and other things... and and it would have a Soliton Radar installed... and and the AR mode of the camera would hide everyone in a cardbox, or put bandana and eyepatch on everyone... and and there should be the number of Otacon to understand every geek info... and and it would read your mo3, video, pics, document to "read your mind" and it would control your phone and make it move ("rumble")... Oh boys I love Metal Gear Solid
Sorry for the OT...

PS: or maybe you would unlock a catslevania theme!!!!
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-07-13 00:26
OT

This article gives you a glimpse of how long ago dates the relationship between Masayoshi Son and Sharp.

So for the ones in the US, my guess is you can expect some phones from Sharp in the coming months, knowing that this is about the only thing softbank sells in Japan apart the iphone. And sharp recently released decent quad core smartphones with very good igzo screens so maybe a good news for you to broaden choice, until Sony releases phones more quickly in the US.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/[....]yoshi-son-softbank-ceo-profile
[ This Message was edited by: Shotokan81 on 2013-07-12 23:29 ]
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
Rockarel
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-13 01:20

On 2013-07-12 19:01:15, katamari201 wrote:

On 2013-07-12 05:38:16, supercoolman wrote:

On 2013-07-11 21:20:45, Felimenta97 wrote:
I am imagining Nokia Lumia fans on a Nokia-based forum (just like this is a Sony(Ericsson)-based forum) saying that their camera is awesome, and that no one will be able to beat them at least for 6 months... Hahahaha

Nokia fans are crazy enough to post $299 with carrier contracts on deals forums where people look for crazy discount and good deals. needless to say, those posts got lots of negative feedback...

Lol. Teapot, meet kettle! Nokia fanboy, meet Sony fanboy!

Time for the fact police.

Xperia Z released in May with $630 unsubsidized price from Sony's store, with outdated S4 Pro and crap non-IPS 5" screen in tow, along with screwed up camera software. You can buy an iPhone for that money. I'm sure its a STEAL. Time to fire up that slickdeals post button.

Xperia Z released in mid-July for $580 on T-mobile. The SAME price as the far superior specced Galaxy S4 and HTC One, which were available months ago on T-mobile. Even Engadget's review of the T-mobile Xperia Z makes fun of it, saying the only people that should buy it are Sony loyalists (aka fanboy):

" So, who's this Z for? Fans of Sony style, that's who. The Xperia Z's already been outpaced by newer, more powerfully specced flagship devices on T-Mobile, like the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S 4 -- not to mention that Google Play editions of those two handsets and the iPhone 5 are already available. It's also priced the same as the One and GS4 at $99 with a two-year payment plan, making it a hard sell for those who want the latest and greatest in smartphone design. Toss in that subpar battery life and washed-out display, and we're hard-pressed to recommend this Xperia Z to anyone who's not a Sony loyalist."

- http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/10/sony-xperia-z-t-mobile-review/

This also, must be a STEAL. It's $50 cheaper than before! OMG my slickdeals reputation is so gonna skyrocket!

Lesson of the day:

Don't talk shit about competitor's pricing and fanbase without looking in the mirror first. I guess like they say, ignorance really is bliss.

So let's step through the logic of a Katamari, shall we?

If:

1) People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones,

2) Product B = Product A, and

3) Product B sucks

Then what does that still tell you about product A?

I think your brain may have collected too much junk rolling about the universe, trying to save us fanboys from our rampant fanboyism. Maybe it's time to take a break before you pop an artery
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-13 04:21
we're hard-pressed to recommend this Xperia Z to anyone who's not a Sony loyalist

I thought Xperia Z had the the highest conversion rate from Samsung and iPhone of any handset to date
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
jianlin
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-07-13 05:15
http://discover.store.sony.com/playmemoriesapps/#overview
https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/portal/
sony please make the apps to honami..
picture effect+
bracket pro
time-lapse
cinematic photo
light shaft
motion shot
portrait lighting

as some of them ady on lumia , htc one and s4...
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-13 05:24

On 2013-07-12 19:01:15, katamari201 wrote:
deleted troll trashing...

I don't see a deal on a phone costs $299 with contract. your logic simply don't make sense at all. trolling like a joker is one thing, but present yourself as a non-sense fool is another thing.
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-07-13 06:03

On 2013-07-12 14:31:46, Shotokan81 wrote:

On 2013-07-03 12:03:38, Shotokan81 wrote:
Also, I just realised that Honami will get a much faster optical system that Nokia 808:
 - Pixel pitch: Honami 1.7 micron, 808: 1.4 micron, so Honami has +47% of Pixel surface, so half a stop is gained here.
 - Apperture: Honami F2, 808: F2.4, so about half a stop is gained here as well.
So approximately, there is about one stop gain in Honami compared to 808!!
Did I get something wrong?

I can't wait to see this beast!

So I noted your post Ramu, and I am back with my questionable maths.
I wanted to update this post now that we have the confirmed specs of Nokia EOS. The pixel pitch is smaller than 808, but the aperture is a bit better. How does it compare to Honami rumored specs?
 - Pixel pitch: Honami 1.7 micron, EOS: 1.2 micron, so Honami has twice the Pixel surface, so now a full stop is gained here!
 - Apperture: Honami F2, EOS: F2.2, so now "only" a third of a stop is gained here.
So approximately, there is about one stop and a third of gain in Honami compared to EOS!!

The question is, how does the toshiba sensor manage noise in low light vs the sony sensor? But with less than half the light reaching the pixel, the fight seems difficult.

And before Razec mentions it , outside sony tech to increase pixel density without noise, we think that BSI alone should reduce noise about 30% itself, Honami low light sensitivity should crush EOS, 3.5 times more sensitive if toshiba and sony remaining tech is equivalent...

Please feel free to correct me if wrong

You are ignoring oversampling and the enormous pixel density of the Toshiba sensors.. the 808 would never be able to achieve such amazing IQ from 1.4 micron pixels alone

[ This Message was edited by: cu015170 on 2013-07-13 05:05 ]
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-07-13 06:13
@ katamari

1. your prices does not represent the price in the whole world, here in our country prices are:

HTC ONE 669 USD
S4 590 USD
Xperia Z 523 USD

guess what, Xperia Z is the cheapest of the three and is the only waterproof device in which is very important especially in asia since there are a lot of beaches here, plus dustproofing and waterproofing adds to the phone's durability as well.

2. Even if iPhone costs the same as the Xperia Z, you're still losing when you buy an iPhone, imagine a phone that cannot even send photos or files through bluetooth, something that my 7 year old nokia can easily do, also you can't switch apps on the iphone you need to close one before you can open another, my old Hazel which runs J2ME can open multiple java apps

3. Just how much faster is the S4 and HTC one over the Z? Answer is very little, Smartphones are not like computers where you can fully utilize all of it's performance for a single task, and again guess what? use the full processing power of HTC or S4 then see the warning message "low battery" so it might even do you more harm than good to fully use your smartphone's processing power in which I literally don't see any practical usage.

People choose the Xperia Z because they see the practical benefits it would give them, same with the reason you buy another brand because you see it as beneficial to you, Same with old people who knows nothing about technology prefers an iPhone because that's the only thing they can operate, and that they're paying for the convenience because they don't want to learn complicated things on a phone anymore.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-07-13 05:14 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-07-13 07:48

On 2013-07-13 06:03:23, cu015170 wrote:

You are ignoring oversampling and the enormous pixel density of the Toshiba sensors.. the 808 would never be able to achieve such amazing IQ from 1.4 micron pixels alone

He's comparing the hardware side of things, oversampling is Nokia's way to artificially create large pixels by combining the smaller ones though software implementation. while it's true that the combined pixels will be larger than anything on the market, the resolution is too low to compare with cameras equipped not only with big ass sensors but also higher pixel count. 3/5/8MP is way too low for a digital camera these days, especially since even compact enthusiasts and ILC are now enjoying 18MP pictures as the minimum resolution and can still outclass the 808 especially at high ISO photography.

let's go back to topic please
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2013-07-13 06:51 ]
10 years at Esato
xperia_aio
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-07-13 08:02

On 2013-07-13 06:13:50, reeflotz wrote:

People choose the Xperia Z because they see the practical benefits it would give them, same with the reason you buy another brand because you see it as beneficial to you, Same with old people who knows nothing about technology prefers an iPhone because that's the only thing they can operate, and that they're paying for the convenience because they don't want to learn complicated things on a phone anymore.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-07-13 05:14 ]

cannot agree more!! but u gotta admit.. this katamari guy always gets me to laugh with his posts... cheers mate!!
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-07-13 08:07
Hi razec, sorry i thought it was on topic to compare eos and rumored honami specs.

Anyway, i am not sure how the Nokia magic works, but in my simple mind, physically if the numbers of photons reaching a pixel is small, noise level compare to signal is higher for a given tech. Combining pixels in post processing can allow you to average noise but not reduce it, and then it would be false to claim nokia has a 3um pixl size in 8mp, this is not pixel binning as someone highlighted before, so i guess this is a media statement, not a Nokia statement.

Someone here said that the pureview helps getting sharp details and zoom but not improve significantly low light performance. I am interested in low light performance so Honami (on the paper!) seems better suited to my needs than 808, so let alone EOS!
[ This Message was edited by: Shotokan81 on 2013-07-13 07:09 ]
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-07-13 08:15
High ISO performance on the Honami would be similar to the ones we see on Canon G15 (12MP, 1/1.7") and FujiFilm X20 (same 2/3" EXR sensor using BSI technology) noise levels will be kept low up to ISO400, anything higher than that will be too noisy that the NR starts kicking in to reduce them which results to oil paint like rendering. and yes I think it won't be as good as the RX100 or MKII since those two not only has the sensor size to boot, but also lens (F1.8 max aperture) and a full fledged BIONZ processor.
10 years at Esato
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-13 09:40
vr-zone claiming to have sources that a Honami mini is in the works and that Honami will be shown at IFA

http://vr-zone.com/articles/e[....]battle-apple-iphone/45121.html

Who knows, maybe they got the info from here but felt I should at least post it.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 911912913 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic