Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 919293 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 09:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
RickyD, it's not phonearena staff but a few persons who tipped them. I won't want to mention names, but I know who tipped PA.

Anyway, we were just kiddin. The rumors won't stop, everything will continue as it has. I only made a request to those guys not to tip PA and other popular sites.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-12-11 08:22 ]
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 09:15

On 2012-12-11 09:12:38, randomuser wrote:
RickyD, it's not phonearena staff but a few persons who tipped them. I won't want to mention names, but I know who tipped PA.

String 'em up by their ears and force them to own an iPhone!
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 13:39
Lol! This is one of the more ridiculous requests I have ever read!
People who share rumours on Esato or any other forum, especially people with inside knowledge do it for exactly one reason and that is so they may be spread!
Cheapest and most effective advertisement there is.
So if the one who spreads the rumour says, please dont spread it is almost sweet!
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 13:47

On 2012-12-11 13:39:37, justus333 wrote:
Lol! This is one of the more ridiculous requests I have ever read!
People who share rumours on Esato or any other forum, especially people with inside knowledge do it for exactly one reason and that is so they may be spread!
Cheapest and most effective advertisement there is.
So if the one who spreads the rumour says, please dont spread it is almost sweet!

Well we saw what happened today. Because of one individual tipping PhoneArena, zomgbbqftw who is one of the few trustworthy insiders is going to stop giving out info. If that person hadn't tipped PhoneArena we could still get lot of new rumors from him but now there will be very few rumors until CES.

It is also the reason why XDA Sony insider xpectre51 has also stopped giving out any info, as PhoneArena published his post in their article.

If sites like Phonearena keep posting rumors posted on esato and elsewhere, the day is not far when we will have ZERO rumors and there may not even be a 2014 Sony rumors thread or even this 2013 thread will die prematurely.

It should also be understood that leaking out info is no joke, whoever gives out insider info puts his job at risk while doing so. And this year onwards Sony has started using a hologram technique to find out where leaks are coming from and who leaked it. So if all insider info gets posted on popular sites like PA, I doubt any sensible Sony Mobile employee will even think of leaking out info.

So while it may seem funny or ridiculous, trust me it just isn't so.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-12-11 12:53 ]
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 13:53
So you really think, Phone arena and other similar sites dont go looking for rumors on the web anyways? Reading here, especially in the "Rumor" thread?
But if they do, what difference does it make then? They get their information from you guys who posted here first place!

Anyways, I´ll promise to never post any of the secret rumors I´ve read here on any other side or I´ll be condemned to an IPhone for the rest of my days!
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 13:57

On 2012-12-11 13:53:46, justus333 wrote:
So you really think, Phone arena and other similar sites dont go looking for rumors on the web anyways? Reading here, especially in the "Rumor" thread?
But if they do, what difference does it make then? They get their information from you guys who posted here first place!

Anyways, I´ll promise to never post any of the secret rumors I´ve read here on any other side or I´ll be condemned to an IPhone for the rest of my days!

See, insiders post info on small community sites like esato, neogaf etc knowing that the info they give out will be limited to the site itself. But if the info gets spread all over the Internet, it puts their jobs or their friend's jobs at risk. They are not leaking out info because Sony told them to do so. They are going against the rules and also jeopardizing their employment.

All these years I never read such info being posted on PA, it is only this year that it's happening because one guy decided to tip PA about the rumors.
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 14:05

On 2012-12-11 13:57:21, randomuser wrote:

On 2012-12-11 13:53:46, justus333 wrote:

See, insiders post info on small community sites like esato, neogaf etc knowing that the info they give out will be limited to the site itself. But if the info gets spread all over the Internet, it puts their jobs or their friend's jobs at risk. They are not leaking out info because Sony told them to do so. They are going against the rules and also jeopardizing their employment.

All these years I never read such info being posted on PA, it is only this year that it's happening because one guy decided to tip PA about the rumors.

I facepalmed reading that guy complaining how XperiaBlog was slow on reporting these rumours and how he had to tip iPhoneArena about there rumours and even they reported them.

I was annoyed that Esato would be plagued by being quoted by the worst and least skilled journalists in the world. And thanks to iPhoneArena, esato was quoted.

Have you seen how stupid they've been about the most recent 'leaks'? Someone translated those to another language, and iPhoneArena were so stupid they re-translated them from another site. Talk about poor journalism.
coolkid8689
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 14:12
@Randomuser

Was it my mistake to copy that rumor from neogaf and paste it on our forum..??? I jus did to let our fellow forum members know about those awesome specs and also did it to ask U if those specs were the correct ones...
Look at androidauthority, they're publicly mentioning my name as the rumor spreader...
Now I feel guilty as if I created problem for zomgbbqftw by doing that...
[ This Message was edited by: coolkid8689 on 2012-12-11 13:16 ]
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 14:17
"And the source is definitely not one we can call trustworthy"

Android Authority don't seem to know much then...
AranhaHunter
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 14:48
Now that he got unbanned, I invited him to join this thread, but as you guys saw from his post on gaf, it's doubtful. I really think he's going incog.

Away, I don't think I'll make the vita OS on tablet/smartphone discussion/possibility thread because I won't have time to update the OP at all. I think it would be great if someone else, who has time and will update the OP, makes it. I would actively participate in it as I think that's an interesting proposition and something sony should pursue. If you don't or can't make it then maybe someone else could.

EDIT: zomg ain't joining guys. It goes back to the info leaking out onto dedicated mobile sites.
[ This Message was edited by: AranhaHunter on 2012-12-11 14:05 ]
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 15:30
Then why 'Mizzle', 'badassmam', 'PeterKay' who has industrial trustworthy sources disappeared from thread?

We may only 1-2 active trustworthy sources left here, don't abandon them with your disgraceful act as tipster.

We may depend on Chinese / HK leaked maybe?
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 15:50
I believe PeterKay and Mizzle lost their jobs at SE
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 15:53

On 2012-12-11 15:30:13, HxH wrote:
Then why 'Mizzle', 'badassmam', 'PeterKay' who has industrial trustworthy sources disappeared from thread?

We may only 1-2 active trustworthy sources left here, don't abandon them with your disgraceful act as tipster.

We may depend on Chinese / HK leaked maybe?

Even the Chines are using rumors from Esato. I have been visiting IT168 regularly and all the rumor threads they have
are copied posts from Esato. It only takes a few hours after something is been posted on Esato for it to show up on it168.

randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 15:54

On 2012-12-11 14:12:35, coolkid8689 wrote:
@Randomuser

Was it my mistake to copy that rumor from neogaf and paste it on our forum..??? I jus did to let our fellow forum members know about those awesome specs and also did it to ask U if those specs were the correct ones...
Look at androidauthority, they're publicly mentioning my name as the rumor spreader...
Now I feel guilty as if I created problem for zomgbbqftw by doing that...
[ This Message was edited by: coolkid8689 on 2012-12-11 13:16 ]

You are not at fault buddy, you didn't tip any site. It's someone else who tipped PA and others. You only copied the info and posted on Esato, which is absolutely fine. You have nothing to feel guilty about.

But the person(s) who did, I know you are reading my post and I really hope you won't tip PA or any other popular site again.

@Dacha

Posts being copied to SE.IT168 is also fine, in fact that has been happening since years. I have copied info from there to esato as well. It's just that some guy(s) have been tipping PhoneArena and other popular sites about posts that discuss future sony phones on esato as well as SEIT168. If the posts are limited to Esato and SEIT168 it's absolutely fine, but tipping about those posts to popular mobile sites like PA is not great.

I believe now that Sony is No.2 Android OEM, PA wants to cash in on the popularity and hence they are not leaving out any chance to post Sony related rumors and gain traffic
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-12-11 15:02 ]
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-12-11 16:02
@ Randomuser

My point was that Esato is the main source for Sony rumors and if people continue to tip PhoneArena we will not have any rumors at all.

PhoneArena has the worst editors/writers by far. I do not understand why it is so popular. Every other post is about Apple and how successful they are.
[ This Message was edited by: DACHA on 2012-12-11 15:04 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 919293 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic