Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 709710711 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 17:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Terrible, it is the render from litoni, they just darkened it to make it look like a teaser.

How can they just outright lie?
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 17:34
I know some of you noticed that I often bring up my hate of iPA. At least now you see why.

I thought that pictured looked awfully familiar.

I hope honami looks completely different, then we'll remind them if their stupidity.
[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-06-17 16:41 ]
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 17:37
Ramu why ignore my question? -.-
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 18:09
He already said he thinks the phone does not exist 3 posts after your question
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 18:14

On 2013-06-17 18:09:33, Shotokan81 wrote:
He already said he thinks the phone does not exist 3 posts after your question

that was not the answer i was looking for
milukugiuniu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 18:33
@ Shotokan81
different sources in Chinese forum have confirmed its thickeness. and the circle on the back is really big so the SM people in China call it “big eye”. no more details has been revealed so far.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 18:54
^
So, I guess Togari is the "big glass"? Jokes aside, what would the back of the big eye be made of?
[ This Message was edited by: itsjustJOH on 2013-06-17 17:56 ]
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 19:00

On 2013-06-17 18:54:41, itsjustJOH wrote:
^
So, I guess Togari is the "big glass"? Jokes aside, what would the back of the big eye be made of?
[ This Message was edited by: itsjustJOH on 2013-06-17 17:56 ]

some kind of Metal i bet
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 19:17
To me the 808's flash performance seems to be enhanced quite a bit by the oversampling.. it cleans some of the junk out (noise, etc.) and it helps out to get a cleaner image. The Satio and the N8 had pretty powerful flash modules as well.. but they are no where near to what the 808 can do.

Here is a very nice explanation by ex Nokian on xenon and mechanical shutters.. I am guessing the same applies to all manufacturers.

http://mynokiablog.com/2013/0[....]the-mechanical-shutter-to-mnb/

Hi everyone, there are so few factually correct statements in the original piece or related comments (no disrespect intended) I felt compelled to help explain.

Please note, my comments are ONLY addressing the general topic of mechanical shutters – no more.
Keeping it simple, the main reason for fitting mechanical shutters is for use with xenon flash. Typically CMOS sensors read light across the sensor from left to right and top to bottom. The time each pixel is ‘read’ is the effective shutter speed. This is OK in most cases and OK with LED flash as the light is effectively constant/continuous. LED flash in most cases being the equivalent of turning on a torch before the exposure and turning it off after the exposure has been made, effectively increasing the amount of light in the scene more or less for the duration of the picture.

In the case of xenon, the flash fires a very short ‘pulse’ of light. This pulse can be as short as approximately 1/25,000 (hence why xenon can freeze high speed movement). With a typical CMOS sensor the time difference between the 1st pixel being ‘read’ and the last is greater than this time. The result would be some pixels would be correctly exposed whilst others would be dark or even potentially black. To overcome this, the pixels are effectively read all at the same time. But to achieve this all pixels are turned on, the shutter opens, the flash fires, the shutter closes and the pixels turned off. And that’s why typically mechanical shutters have been needed in products such as n8, n82, n808. In some cases some latest generation sensors can read all their pixels at very high speed (note: again don’t ask me to comment on speculation or rumour) allowing xenon to be used. In some cases e.g. Nikon 1 series these later generation sensors are allowing for electronic shutters which can provide potential advantages in high frame rate scenarios which mechanical shutters would not be suitable for.

In some cases a hybrid approach maybe used e.g. a SE product of a few years back which featured xenon only used the mechanical shutter for flash but not other situations, which meant in that case it didn’t provide the following potential advantage….
With mechanical shutters, because the pixels are effectively read all at the same time it overcomes the motion skew effect which can typically occur with CMOS sensors due to the time difference between the first and last pixels being read. As the read time from CMOS sensors is increasing (shorter read times) this is becoming less of an issue in some cases.

Mechanical shutters do require additional space, there are no space advantages to them.
As for dust protection there is some theoretical advantage to them but in practice (at least in my experience) I have seen dust penetration in all cameras, there is a fundamental limit to what can be done to prevent dust penetration.
Hope that clarifies things.

razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-06-18 00:40
The Satio and the N8 had pretty powerful flash

Satio had one of the weakest xenon flashes equipped on an phone, close to the Samsung G810 if you ask me, if you guys still remember the camera shootout between Satio and Pixon 12 at GSMArena, there was one section in the review where they pointed out that Satio couldn't come close to Pixon12 on overall luminance. besides based on my experience C905, C902, K800/K810 and MXE-60 light output were much higher. I couldn't say anything about K850 since during the time that I use the device, the flash always goes out of sync resulting on a much darker image than expected.

@ramu: thanks for the trust, I hope your source could share us something
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2013-06-17 23:42 ]
10 years at Esato
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2013-06-18 01:47
K800 and C950 were the brightest Xenon Flash from SE.

Brighter Xenon=bigger capacitor=thicker or bigger phone.
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-06-18 02:20
Guys

All what I said yesterday, is just what I have info about
I don't know anything may right or wrong, but as before when I told that the ZL May be postponed, and no one take care until before the announcement, you yourself found that on the last time, there was really a lot of sounds from the insiders that SONY will postpone it

I found so much offence with no reason, so guys I got surprised from this
warfareonly
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-18 03:25

On 2013-06-18 02:20:10, maiaramdan wrote:
Guys

All what I said yesterday, is just what I have info about
I don't know anything may right or wrong, but as before when I told that the ZL May be postponed, and no one take care until before the announcement, you yourself found that on the last time, there was really a lot of sounds from the insiders that SONY will postpone it

I found so much offence with no reason, so guys I got surprised from this

Don't worry, ignore them. Even if the design isn't honami's, we still got the design for a Sony device - whatever it may be
Keep it up
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-06-18 03:35
@maia, you're lucky enough that you never meet with the harshest critics here(most of them either banned or no longer with us), so don't be offended, you're more than welcome to chat in this community, and your info is greatly appreciated by many of us here

I want to render your sketch in a much better quality on the concept thread, if you could share us further details about the design our designers here would be honored to do so, if you want to keep it more private, you can PM me/litoni/reeflotz or any artist you knew here
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2013-06-18 02:36 ]
10 years at Esato
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-18 03:48

On 2013-06-18 03:35:26, razec wrote:
@maia, you're lucky enough that you never meet with the harshest critics here(most of them either banned or no longer with us), so don't be offended, you're more than welcome to chat in this community, and your info is greatly appreciated by many of us here

I want to render your sketch in a much better quality on the concept thread, if you could share us further details about the design our designers here would be honored to do so, if you want to keep it more private, you can PM me/litoni/reeflotz or any artist you knew here
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2013-06-18 02:36 ]

Keep me in the loop too, though I'm not an artist, I would like to see the complete render when it's done.

Honestly, I don't think something like this should be kept in concept thread. If the design cue is from a source describing a rumored phone, then the render should belong in this rumor thread. Just my opinion here.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 709710711 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic