Previous  123 ... 707172 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-21 23:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-11-21 21:45:06, Detox wrote:
Akiras rendering of Odin and Yuga, sized up against the Droid DNA and Galaxy SIII:

zomgbbqftw on FULL HD OLED Xperia:

I'm not so sure about this. Sony have pretty much come out and said that they think OLED is crap for phones because of the Pentile compromise. Unless JDI or AUO can come up with an RGB OLED with 1080p resolution without the burn-in I wouldn't count on Sony going for it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500748

Sorry, Sony give them Oled technology and their expertise about Oled.
Sony is the number one if about Oled technology.
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-11-21 23:07
Odin looks much better size-wise
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-21 23:30
which new phone have everything that is Xperia TX and V (waterproof) and the addition of dual SIM card, and/or dual MicroSD card slot?

now that would be my next ideal phone. and hopefully Xperia think of one soon.

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-11-22 00:31

On 2012-11-21 21:02:00, vivftp wrote:

On 2012-11-21 18:30:17, motvikt wrote:
Looks like shit imo. Seeing how difficult it is for Microsoft to promote a third ecosystem I cant imagine any other company being able to do it. IOS and android are here to stay. Vita-OS will never work either, Sony would be retarded if they tried to push it

Vita OS in its current state wouldn't work, but now that Playstation Mobile is up and running it has the chance to build an app ecosystem that could help support the OS on phones and tablets. The OS itself is supposedly built to be expandable to phones and tablets, so I imagine it'd appear and operate differently if they decided to make a Vitaphone or Vitab (my own name for a Vita Tablet - NO ONE STEAL IT!)

I still do have to wonder how a Vita phone would look though... designing it so that the screen and back touchpad could still be used just like they are on the Vita itself would be pretty damned hard. A slider design like the Xperia Play wouldn't work too well because the screen wouldn't be easily accessible due to having to reach further. Ah well...

Well the thing is even if Sony managed to make vita OS the best OS ever (doubtful) it still wouldn't matter because users are not willing to change system. WP8 is ten times better than vita OS will ever be and look how hard it is for it to get a decent market share. Microsoft+Nokia also have like ten times the financial muscle compared to Sony to support and market it.

Android is the way to go for Sony
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-11-22 01:33
In the short term, yes. Android is the way to go. But not so in the long term. Being independent and successful with their own platform is the best option for any manufacturer. Google will look for max profit and motorola will get the most preference.

Problem with windows phone, is the image and experience with the older windows mobile up until 6.5. Many people disliked it and have a bad image in their mind. People will eventually get bored of android, and would love more options. In this case, windows phone or bb10 or vita os or something else can get successful.

Pretty much every single phone out there is same. Besides few hardware differences, there isn't much happening.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
sighduck
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-22 03:42
Even though I would like to see a Vita OS someday, it might not be the best decision for Sony. Right now the UI is fine for the PS Vita because it's a video game system, but its design is too skeuomorphic iOS for a smartphone UI. If they want to release it for smartphone they have to refine it, make it look similar to the XMB of PS3/PSP. I agree they might have to look to expanding the Vita OS down the road.
coolkid8689
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-11-22 05:21
Does anybody know if any Xperia mbile can handle 128GB micro SD properly... Cos recently someone commented on the verge that Xperia tablet S handles 128GB card without any lag... That's why I'd like to know if any Xperia mobile can do the same or not...
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-22 07:20
I think If Sony want's to use Vita OS and it want's it to be a success story then it will be hard... very hard

in fact, it will be much easier for them to make Vita OS able to run Android apps, and share some UI thingies between them, and expand the PS Mobile platform to be cross-platform ( PS Vita, PS Mobile certified Android Phones and tablets, and even Playstation 4 )...

Imagine Playstation 4 has AMD x86 CPU + ARM core ( AMD is already working on one, but not using a performance ARM core ), and that PS4 then be able to run all native ARM games ( PS Mobile games ) without any hardwork from the developer... you a buy a PSM game in your smartphone, then it will be available in your Vita and Playstation 4 also...
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-22 07:21
I know people around here still pissed off with CNet quite commenting on Sony Xperia

but what about this article

http://news.cnet.com/8301-103[....]secrets-to-smartphone-success/
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-22 10:37

On 2012-11-22 07:21:42, HxH wrote:
I know people around here still pissed off with CNet quite commenting on Sony Xperia

but what about this article

http://news.cnet.com/8301-103[....]secrets-to-smartphone-success/

The article speaks the truth. Sony needs a phone that will outright demolish the competition and Odin / Yuga look like they may have a shot.
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-11-22 11:11

On 2012-11-20 19:31:51, Indiandawg wrote:
I can sense 2 big transitions happening in Sony front.

- UI. Jellybean taking so much time it's obvious they trying to correct their mistakes which they did with ICS

- Goals. They're aiming high back again. Yes they always use to have top end phones in the world before. Us now times have changed. It's good to see they want to come back strong.

Let's see what's in the store but YUGA definitely is what seems to be my next phone.

I just hope that besides the preset themes will be one additional custimasable theme, or a built in theme creator. If we think about it the 2011 Xperia themes contained a (changeable) wallpaper and an additional shaded one for the native applications, and a harmonising colour code for messaging boxes for example.
The 2012 Xperia themes contained a changeable wallpaper, an additonal textured colour toned background, and a colour code for fonts and transitions which harmonises with the theme.
I just want Sony to give the possibility to you can change the themed backroud of applications witch is redisegned by the preset themes, and to render a harmonising colour code besides it, or to give you the possibility to change it too.
It can't be that hard and would be nice, because the competitors also started to apply themes on their android phones.
Now the themes on sony phones I would call only colour schemes, beacuse even my T300, T310 would have larger possibilities to personalise the UI, even the T68 from 2002 supported created themes.

For example my Xperia ray when it starts and asks the PIN code, it applies the wallpaper instead of the theme backgroud. That would be nice if we could have the possibility to change without restrictions the theme backgroud.
This is the wallpaper I use:

And the dialer look so when it asks the PIN:

[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2012-11-22 10:12 ]
ppmanguin
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2012-11-22 11:43
^ Yea, the dialer and contact ID could definitely use a full-res quality fit, not some squishy wash compressed picture.

Along with that, I'd be totally satisfied with a true replica of the PS3 live wallpaper - not the cigarette smoke ugly looking live wallpaper that's preloaded - like WTF is that compared to the PS3 wallpaper??

itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2012-11-22 11:57
Fitch cuts Sony, Panasonic ratings to junk grade
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-22 12:07
Am I the only one who remembers randomuser say that although the 2013H1 Sonys will be awesome in their own right, they'll be eclipsed quite quickly, followed by a statement that Sony's 2013H2 handsets will be real market leaders?

Did I miss an update to that prediction?

@itsjustJOH I've made ok money from trading EUR/JPY on the back of this news.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-22 12:58
That is indeed correct Ricky, the fall 2013 Sony flagship will eclipse Yuga/Odin but sadly it seems it's been delayed to October now from the earlier expected shipment timeframe of Q3 13.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 707172 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic