Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia T & TX thread

Previous  123 ... 606162 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-17 06:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
wondering which screen protector brands is everyone using for Xperia TX? I am not sure if Martin Fields is good but it is quite expensive. Anyone used it before? How good are they? Do you recommend any other brands? Cheers.

http://www.martinfields.com/AU/MFOP-SonyXperiaTX

doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-17 20:46

On 2012-11-17 06:39:41, caff111 wrote:
wondering which screen protector brands is everyone using for Xperia TX? I am not sure if Martin Fields is good but it is quite expensive. Anyone used it before? How good are they? Do you recommend any other brands? Cheers.

http://www.martinfields.com/AU/MFOP-SonyXperiaTX

http://www.roxfit.mobi/Roxfit/Xperia_T.html

http://www.krusell.se/en/products/screenprotectors_mobile
a w a r e
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 08:40
Anyone here know where i can buy a replacement battery cover for the pink Xperia TX? i dropped and thankfully only scratched the back battery cover. i can find white and black but cannot see a pink one so far. Any help would be much appreciated!
SE W850i>LG Chocolate>SE Aino>SE Satio U1i>HTC Desire HD>SE Arc S>Sony Xperia S>Xperia TX
thejosetree
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 10:19
@alexwu98

where you saw the back cover in black? I can't find it on ebay...
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 12:14

On 2012-11-18 10:19:33, thejosetree wrote:
@alexwu98

where you saw the back cover in black? I can't find it on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-[....]ltDomain_0&hash=item416dbd6da6

Hope that helps
SE W850i>LG Chocolate>SE Aino>SE Satio U1i>HTC Desire HD>SE Arc S>Sony Xperia S>Xperia TX
bizarro
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 18:57
Hi,

New to the forum..I'm still deliberating on what phone to get but I'm leaning towards the Xperia TX. My main concerns though are whether the battery will hold up for a whole day and whether I'll be able to use my iTunes music on the device. I've checked the main audio specs and didn't see AAC or .m4a listed as compatible but I've seen other websites saying it is. Can anyone confirm for me please?

Thanks

Rosh
Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 21:33

On 2012-11-18 18:57:13, bizarro wrote:
Hi,

New to the forum..I'm still deliberating on what phone to get but I'm leaning towards the Xperia TX. My main concerns though are whether the battery will hold up for a whole day and whether I'll be able to use my iTunes music on the device. I've checked the main audio specs and didn't see AAC or .m4a listed as compatible but I've seen other websites saying it is. Can anyone confirm for me please?

Thanks

Rosh

M4A is the same thing as MP4 (M4A is an Apple invention to indicate an MPEG-4 file containing audio only). According to Sony white paper the T MP4 files with AAC are supported (see page 14 in the document below).

http://dl-developer.sonymobil[....]/whitepapers/Xperia_T_WP_4.pdf
[ This Message was edited by: Arne Anka on 2012-11-19 10:32 ]
thejosetree
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 22:16
@alexwu98

Thanks man.

After a month using the TX I'm quite satisfied with the phone. The only downside is the back cover. Next to the power button the back cover creaks, giving a feeling of great fragility. In terms of build quality Xperia ION or Xperia T are better options.
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-19 04:16
is anyone here from Vietnam? you know if this phone works in Vietnam? Do they sell it there? if so, how many? btw, is there a xperia in Vietnam thread here in esato?

and thanks, Alexwu98, been looking for a battery cover.

EDIT: nevermind: I found the Vietnam thread...
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-11-19 03:19 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-19 04:59
Rosh, my TX battery lasts a full day if I don't play games with the brightness on 100% for more than an hour in said day. Playing music all day is fine.

As far as the compatibility is concerned I use wifi tunes sync to sync my playlists from iTunes wirelessly (at least until I started using Google Music), and the walkman app has had no issues playing any of the M4A tracks. AAC I've not tested as I don't have any, could just convert any acc you have to a more universal standard?
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
bizarro
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-19 13:46
Arne - Thanks making clear the file formats and the whitepaper. I didn't know .m4a was the same as an MP4 audio file. iTunes is a bit confusing as well as the tracks are listed as AAC so I thought they were different formats.

Ricky - Thanks, that's reassuring to know. I don't usually use full brightness on my current phone so don't mind lowering it so could probably get a bit extra as well by doing that then.

I'll have a look into using Google Music as well. With that, does it mean music is streamed from their servers or is it then downloaded and stored locally on the phone?

Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-19 14:37
With Google Music you initially send all your music up to the Google servers, then you stream what you want or if you have certain playlists, tracks or albums you always listen to you can "Make available offline" which does exactly what it says on the tin. You can stream the music on any device that an install the Google Music app or on your desktop through your favourite web browser.

Just a heads up that I forgot to mention, on Google Music requires you to be in America to initially register (you can round it with a proxy server or VPN service). After registering though, it doesn't care where you are to upload and stream. It also has a storage limit of 5,000 songs.

On the up side, buying music from Google Play store adds the song instantly to your online collection and (the point that sold it to me) it doesn't carry any DRM of any kind. So you can download the song and do whatever the hell you want with it, unlike iTunes where if you download a song you have to play it on authorized Apple devices only and your mate can't rob it. Music was fun before iTunes.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
bizarro
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-19 15:20
Woah that's awesome, thanks for introducing it to me. I've managed to sign up and started the upload process. Apparently it's now available to UK and some of Europe + up to 20,000 songs!!!!

That's definitely quashed any doubts about getting the TX now.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-19 15:46
Glad I could help. I didn't realise they opened up to Europe already. That's good news.

One other thing I forgot to mention too.. Google Music won't import playlists so you'll have to rebuild all your playlists unfortunately. Which can be a pain in the arse.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2012-11-19 16:29

On 2012-11-19 13:46:02, bizarro wrote:
iTunes is a bit confusing as well as the tracks are listed as AAC so I thought they were different formats.

In their strive to make things simpler, sometime it becomes harder. Especially if the nomenclature Apple uses is not used by anyone else.
[ This Message was edited by: Arne Anka on 2012-11-19 19:28 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 606162 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic