doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-16 01:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-11-15 23:16:29, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2012-11-15 22:33:11, doministry wrote:
I would take X T.
Camera is comparable, design and screen is much better.
UI of Samsung looks like cr..p.

And actually Sony gives more and more support to the customers.
Samsung's support doesn't last that much longer - the cycles are still relatively short.
SGS II is not getting the latest Androids either although it has been a flagship not that long ago.

What are you on about??? The S2 is getting Android4.1.2:
http://www.sammobile.com/2012[....]-1-2-jelly-bean-test-firmware/
Not to mention that the Galaxy Note1 is also getting it.

Please name me ONE 2011 Sony/SE phone that is getting Android 4.1 JB??? and also please name me ONE Sony that has Android4.1, RIGHT NOW?

That is all correct. However those 4.1 upgrades are coming to all of the 2012 portfolio.
Sony was also first to give ICS to it's devices.
Samsung from the other hand is giving it's full support to limited number of models only.
a w a r e
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-16 02:41
I think the fact xda-developers recently awarded Sony the OEM of the year award says everything you need to know about FW.

The manufacturers offer the minimum support they can without looking bad. Over at xda you can get new ROMs every week for 3-4 years or more, Sony give the tools to the devs to create better, less buggy ROMs faster, Samsung are notoriously bad at supporting the community offering incomplete or just bad and inaccurate documentation late.

@northmonkey

The difference in camera quality between the two phones you're talking about is not much at all. Go to you nearest carphone warehouse and they'll give you a demo on each and if you can't tell the difference with your own eyes then it doesn't really matter.

SGSIII is the biggest selling phone in the world, that many people haven't been so wrong since the Nokia N95. Not that the SGSIII is a bad choice, it isn't, but for my money it's behind TX and ONE X for phones that are out right now. But if you can wait and afford in 3 months there should be some new generation handsets on the market with 2GB RAM and quad S4 the standard for a flagship.

I'm saving my Voda upgrade till then when I'll palm off my TX to someone else.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 03:52
Trust on you intuition unless marketing will eat you as morning breakfast.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2012-11-16 02:52 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 09:01

On 2012-11-16 01:34:22, doministry wrote:

On 2012-11-15 23:16:29, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2012-11-15 22:33:11, doministry wrote:
I would take X T.
Camera is comparable, design and screen is much better.
UI of Samsung looks like cr..p.

And actually Sony gives more and more support to the customers.
Samsung's support doesn't last that much longer - the cycles are still relatively short.
SGS II is not getting the latest Androids either although it has been a flagship not that long ago.

What are you on about??? The S2 is getting Android4.1.2:
Not to mention that the Galaxy Note1 is also getting it.

Please name me ONE 2011 Sony/SE phone that is getting Android 4.1 JB??? and also please name me ONE Sony that has Android4.1, RIGHT NOW?

That is all correct. However those 4.1 upgrades are coming to all of the 2012 portfolio.
Samsung from the other hand is giving it's full support to limited number of models only.

1. Htc Sensation and Samsung Galaxy S2 were the very 1st phones to get ICS outside the Nexus line.
2. The ICS update the 2011 Sony's got was unbelievably buggy, almost a rush job, seems Xperia Play users were better off without it in the end.
3. Samsung updates phones that they know will be able to handle the update without ruining user experience, if they updated the whole line it would be a gigantic mess up much like the Sony ICS update for 2011 phones.

Its better to support a limited number and have them run fast, smooth and stable, than to just throw a half baked update that leaves the phones in a worse state than they were prior to the update.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 11:13
As most of the people here are concerned with a flagship device, I think its safe to say samsung is much preferable if you like getting support. Otherwise if your ok with rooting etc then sony is not bad. Personally, after seeing what they did with arc/arcs, etc. I just dont feel ok going for a sony flagship. They have lost my trust and I will probably see how they support xs too before judging in.

Also the funny thing is, sony positioned its xperia to casual users who in the majority have no clue about rooting and putting a new firmware. This is why you will see lesser roms for arc compared to s2.

As I keep traveling, I do not like to have custom firmware, I just want good support and stable firmwares.

I am presently waiting for htc deluxe, however, if sony can really be clear about their update policies(or thru good examples), then I would go for the yuga.

-------

@caff111

Does your bravia have bravia sync or bravia link? If not then it will not work. Also if it supports them, and still its not working, then change your hdmi cable to version 1.3 or 1.4
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-16 11:24

On 2012-11-16 09:01:16, Tsepz_GP wrote:
3. Samsung updates phones that they know will be able to handle the update without ruining user experience, if they updated the whole line it would be a gigantic mess up much like the Sony ICS update for 2011 phones.

Its better to support a limited number and have them run fast, smooth and stable, than to just throw a half baked update that leaves the phones in a worse state than they were prior to the update.

No that's just a silly excuse.
They just don't care.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2012-11-16 10:29 ]
a w a r e
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-16 11:28
O why the f... the posts can't be edited??!!
Edit:
Nevermind.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2012-11-16 11:39 ]
a w a r e
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 13:22

On 2012-11-16 11:13:51, djin wrote:
As most of the people here are concerned with a flagship device, I think its safe to say samsung is much preferable if you like getting support. Otherwise if your ok with rooting etc then sony is not bad. Personally, after seeing what they did with arc/arcs, etc. I just dont feel ok going for a sony flagship. They have lost my trust and I will probably see how they support xs too before judging in.

Also the funny thing is, sony positioned its xperia to casual users who in the majority have no clue about rooting and putting a new firmware. This is why you will see lesser roms for arc compared to s2.

As I keep traveling, I do not like to have custom firmware, I just want good support and stable firmwares.

I am presently waiting for htc deluxe, however, if sony can really be clear about their update policies(or thru good examples), then I would go for the yuga.

-------

@caff111

Does your bravia have bravia sync or bravia link? If not then it will not work. Also if it supports them, and still its not working, then change your hdmi cable to version 1.3 or 1.4

+1 This!

Custom ROMs are great, but they do tend to spring up some weird issues at the worst of times, i dont use them either but i try them now and then with my main FW backed up.

Doministry
We could say the same about Sony, they simply dont care about those 2011 phone users who they have left on their awfully buggy and laggy ICS FW. No?

Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-16 14:02

On 2012-11-16 01:34:22, doministry wrote:
Samsung from the other hand is giving it's full support to limited number of models only

This sh*t just gave me cancer... Sony fanboys, Sony fanboys everywhere!

@Tsepz_GP - +1000 bro! And something more:

Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Leaked for Samsung Galaxy S II
http://pocketnow.com/2012/11/16/sgs2-jelly-bean

Not only Samsung's BETA JB rom for SGS2 is much more stable and fluid than any of Sony's ICS updates for the 2011 and 2012 Xperias, but it also brings SGS3's UI and features to its predecessor. Does this apply to Sony's ICS update for the 2011 Xperias?! Or they are left with that UX-NXT-Holo mix, coming along with an unlimited number of bugs? Where are the new Walkman/Album/Movies/Calendar/rest apps and new widgets from the new Xperias? And you tell me "And actually Sony gives more and more support to the customers. Samsung's support doesn't last that much longer - the cycles are still relatively short. " ?????
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-11-16 13:09 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-16 15:25
ICS on Arc isn't buggy. Yes the original release was and they warned people it wouldn't be for everyone. It was and is laggy compared to GB but again they explained it's because the RAM wasn't up to scratch. It's a lesson that Sony have now learnt and subsequent phones have had the same RAM as released in the same cycle from other manufacturers flagships.

The issue you're beating off to here is that the hardware hasn't been on par with other manufacturers flagship models, but as I said, this is a lesson that Sony has learnt. In 2010 they learnt that FW version matters, in 2011 they learnt that hardware needs to support FW.

What you have learnt is not very much as far as I can see except bitterness.

Perhaps it's because the crappily developed software you developed for the old SE platform is now obsolete and you can't get your head around android development. Perhaps even you were employed by SE but lost your job and weren't satisfied with the excuse they gave you. Either way, give it a rest. You're entitled to your opinion, we've heard you over the last few months in this and the rumours threads. You haven't brought any new arguments (repeating the same argument in different words isn't a new argument).

We know your stance and opinion. Now it's you who needs to deal with it.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-16 17:27
@mediar

As above. It's rather you who are kind of obsessed with hate here.
You can choose whatever you want.

I was - BTW - also mad at when they did the X2 fuk..up and have quitted the company'
for some time. I basically jumped the X10 too.

But now I see what is going on etc. and I changed my mind, and expressed the opinion.
That's it. Don't offend me just because you are happy with something else.
a w a r e
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-16 17:32

Doministry
We could say the same about Sony, they simply dont care about those 2011 phone users who they have left on their awfully buggy and laggy ICS FW. No?

That's quite right (the hardware of the 2011 porfolio is too small for that).
That's why I wouldn't put one company over another really.
a w a r e
sambouka
Ericsson T39
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-16 17:34
Xperia T seems to be very difficult to find in France.

It is only available with two networks: Orange & SFR
And practically unavailable on the French market.

This is a first for a Sony (ericsson) phone, not even a single online retailer has it.

And if you look on eBay, you will find plenty of TX, but no T.
On top of this the White version disappeared from Sony's website.

What's the situation in you countries?
[ This Message was edited by: sambouka on 2012-11-16 16:35 ]
gh680-gh628-t19-t28-t39-t200-z200-v800-w810i-w900i-p910i-w850i-z610-z310i-m600-w880i-w910i-g900-c902-w705-g705-x1-w995-aino-satio-x10-vivaz-x10mini-play-arc-neo-xperias-xperiaion-xperiago-z-zultra-z1compact-z3-z3compact-z5premium-xa1ultra-xz2-xz3-xperia1
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-16 17:43

On 2012-11-16 17:34:55, sambouka wrote:
Xperia T seems to be very difficult to find in France.

It is only available with two networks: Orange & SFR
And practically unavailable on the French market.

This is a first for a Sony (ericsson) phone, not even a single online retailer has it.

And if you look on eBay, you will find plenty of TX, but no T.
On top of this the White version disappeared from Sony's website.

What's the situation in you countries?
[ This Message was edited by: sambouka on 2012-11-16 16:35 ]

in Poland Xperia T available in all main carriers as well as in official Sony retailer.
Just black though.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2012-11-16 16:43 ]
a w a r e
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-11-17 00:10
I have a 5Ghz compatible laptop but can't connect to my Xperia T in this mode. Does Wifi tethering operate on 5Ghz? Has anyone managed it?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 596061 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic