Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia T & TX thread

Previous  123 ... 555657 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-10 06:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@caff111 the .nomedia file should work fine. Do you have an external microSD card inserted from an older handset? If so, have you checked that you put the .nomedia file in the ext_card/Whatsapp folder AND the sdcard/whatsapp folder? I think it's slightly confusing that they call the microsd card ext_card and the internal user memory sdcard. It got me a few times.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-10 06:45
so u need to put .nomedia file on both sd card and ext_card folders? I will try again and see if this works. Thanks mate!! Cheers
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-10 07:14
You need to the file in all folders that you don't want to have media detected. A fresh whatsapp will automatically save new pics to the sdcard/whatsapp folder which in your older handset will have been the sdcard, but on your new handset the card is ext_card and sdcard is the internal storage.

The end effect is that whatsapp photos carried across will still have the .nomedia file that you had before and so is no problem but new pictures will go to the sdcard folder which you'll have to check has a .nomedia file.

If you want to tidy up your physical removeable memory card, you could move the whatsapp pictures to the sdcard/whatsapp folder and delete it from the ext_card as whatsapp will not use that folder anyway.

The same principals of the storage locations for other apps that don't allow you to select the storage locations (titanium does in the preferences, most others don't) when coming from a handset with only removable media.

Hope that makes sense
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-11-10 06:15 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
pauvincent
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2012-11-10 09:31

On 2012-11-10 04:46:33, Ricky D wrote:
@Big D is your replacement battery a proper Sony one? I dare say that 3rd party one might not deliver enough current out at low charge. Just a guess. This could stem from the quality of the battery itself

I've only ever noticed the notification light blink differently when there are unread notifications.

What model charger are you using and how much current is it delivering (it'll say on the transformer)? I use the EP750 in the bedroom (for me and the wife) and it gives 700mA output, it charges my TX slowly if the screen is off and doesn't charge at all if I have a 2m USB extension. The in the box charger is 1300mA, sits on my study desk and charges the phone very quickly.

I'm also wondering if the FW version has anything to do with it. I'm on 7.0.A.1.307 Taiwan FW and don't recall the charging issue happening since coming from 7.0.A.1.303, but I changed my chargers around at about the same time as upgrading the FW so it could be the chargers or the FW. I'm waiting for a locked bootloader root solution before going to up 7.0.A.3.195, the land where the battery is better, the benchmarks are faster and the women are sexier.

@goldenface let us know if you figure it out what's causing the issue for you.

@pauvincent The TX screen is gorgeous I find it difficult to fault. In my limited time playing with the Xperia S I didn't notice if it was stunning, it didn't shock me with it's beauty. TX did.

Thanks bro for your insights its these reviewers that keeps bad mouthing t or tx I wisj they wouldn't be as.bias as they are right now
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-10 12:10
I know what you mean. Sony seem to either get bad press or over looked completely recently.

On the other hand, my opinion of the TX screen is exactly that, my opinion. I own a TX and bought an Xperia S for my dad about 6 months ago, my opinion is obviously going to biased towards what I own and I'm used to. Don't take it as gospel. If you can, get a look at the devices for yourself and if not, try to get comparison reviews with side by side like for like pictures of the screen quality.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-10 12:36

On 2012-11-10 05:14:24, caff111 wrote:
Hi, I have connected the TV dock to a power outlet and HDMI cable to my TV and I also have my TV dock connected to a charger. But nothing happens and my TV does not detect the TV dock and the TV launcher application does not start at all. Just wondering how do I get it to work and do I have to do something with the smart connect application? Thanks.

[ This Message was edited by: caff111 on 2012-11-10 05:12 ]

anyone got TV dock with Xperia T/TX and how do u get it to work? Cheers
pauvincent
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2012-11-10 13:14

On 2012-11-10 12:10:48, Ricky D wrote:
I know what you mean. Sony seem to either get bad press or over looked completely recently.

On the other hand, my opinion of the TX screen is exactly that, my opinion. I own a TX and bought an Xperia S for my dad about 6 months ago, my opinion is obviously going to biased towards what I own and I'm used to. Don't take it as gospel. If you can, get a look at the devices for yourself and if not, try to get comparison reviews with side by side like for like pictures of the screen quality.

Got it bro im just doing a survey I was looking forward to Xperia. V but I don't know if it will arrive this December
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-10 13:27

On 2012-11-10 12:36:02, caff111 wrote:

Sorry dude, not tried it myself. I would have thought that the HDMI would just work though. Plug it in and it should duplicate on the TV without any input. Does HDMI work without the dock?
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2012-11-10 14:35
Hi!

3 questions!

I have switched off adverts in the Xperia T menu and also in my Google account but I still get some appearing in the notification bar that link to a website. How do I stop these?

Second question, My Windows 8 PC does not see my Sony Smart Headset Wireless Pro. I have re-installed the firmware for the headset and tried connecting it with the usb cable with the headset switched off and also with the headset switched on. I have also rebooted the PC.

I was hoping to transfer music using Sony PC Companion. I do know that I can just use a card read and transfer from the PC that way, but I get the feeling that PC Companion would convert my iTunes files to MP3's.

Last question, when using the headset paired with the Xperia T, pressing the forward button, would play the next album, but I want to play the next track! I am sure there is something simple that I am missing!

Any advice welcomed.

Ofiaich
esato since Nov, 12, 2001
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-10 16:32

On 2012-11-10 04:46:33, Ricky D wrote:
@Big D is your replacement battery a proper Sony one? I dare say that 3rd party one might not deliver enough current out at low charge. Just a guess. This could stem from the quality of the battery itself

I've only ever noticed the notification light blink differently when there are unread notifications.

What model charger are you using and how much current is it delivering (it'll say on the transformer)? I use the EP750 in the bedroom (for me and the wife) and it gives 700mA output, it charges my TX slowly if the screen is off and doesn't charge at all if I have a 2m USB extension. The in the box charger is 1300mA, sits on my study desk and charges the phone very quickly.

I'm also wondering if the FW version has anything to do with it. I'm on 7.0.A.1.307 Taiwan FW and don't recall the charging issue happening since coming from 7.0.A.1.303, but I changed my chargers around at about the same time as upgrading the FW so it could be the chargers or the FW. I'm waiting for a locked bootloader root solution before going to up 7.0.A.3.195, the land where the battery is better, the benchmarks are faster and the women are sexier.

The 3 Replacement batteries I'm using are NOT Sony OEM BA900 batt. it's not branded and on the label it does say "Replacement for BA900/LT29i". I'm waiting for the OEM battery to go on sale to buy them.
the Charger I'm using are SONY EP800 charger, with 5.0VDC = 850mA output

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-11 02:19

On 2012-11-10 13:27:45, Ricky D wrote:

On 2012-11-10 12:36:02, caff111 wrote:

Sorry dude, not tried it myself. I would have thought that the HDMI would just work though. Plug it in and it should duplicate on the TV without any input. Does HDMI work without the dock?

I have got the TV dock working but somehow my bravia TV remote control can't seem to be able to control the launcher, how should I get my TV remote to work? Cheers
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-11 05:50
Here in Canada the Sony Xperia T is launching on all three national carriers: Rogers, Telus, and Bell ... each with equal price points and fair pricing. This is the first time a SonyEricsson, Ericsson, or Sony model launched on all three carriers at the same launch date for the same model.

I'm very impressed! Seems Sony's pulling out all the punches and their marketing is working. I still prefer the TX though.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2012-11-11 11:17

On 2012-11-11 02:19:51, caff111 wrote:
I have got the TV dock working but somehow my bravia TV remote control can't seem to be able to control the launcher, how should I get my TV remote to work? Cheers

Have you enabled HDMI CEC (or Bravia Link or Bravia Sync as Sony calls it) on your TV ?
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-11-11 13:39
What exactly is the difference between the Xperia T and TX, besides the fact that the TX has a smaller battery?
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-11 16:50
T has all it's buttons down the side and TX has a more conventional button layout.

T has a chin, TX is more regular rounds all 4 front edges.

TX has a clearly defined edge on the back curvature, T is rounded.

TX has a silver line around the bezel, T doesn't.

TX screen is 0.05 inch bigger.

T has a fixed battery, TX has removable.

The 'XPERIA' logo on TX lights up, not on T.

TX is 2mm thinner, but 1mm wider and 2mm taller.

There is debate about screen tech in each. I'll try to investigate when I get the chance to play with a T I'll compare with my TX.

Camera, chipset, RAM, screen resolution, internal memory and supported frequency bands are all the same.

Sony apps are the same (Walkman, the new super cool album app etc).

The standard connectivity is all the same (GPS, BT, Wi-Fi etc).

Firmwares are at the same release increment number but are not interchangeable (important if you want to play with custom ROMs, TX doesn't seem to be as well supported by xda-devs at this early stage).

TX comes in pink as well as black or white, T only has black (I'm sure they announced white too but it's no longer listed on the Sony Mobile Global site).

They are available in different regions.

And as you said, the battery capacity
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 555657 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic