Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia T & TX thread

Previous  123 ... 535455 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-11-04 18:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I took the plunge and upgraded to the Xperia T on Three who said that their LTE network won't be operational until about June / July but they promised I'd be able to use their LTE services at no extra cost.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-05 06:32
@goldenface, congrats man

I think I'll pass TX, it still not available here in Bahrain, they said late November to early January... in the mean while I might get Note 2 not because I like it, but because I can sell it later with higher price than any other Xperia or even S3... I'm forced to take it this month duo to my contract ( I already waited 2 months ), when the new 1H13 flagships comes later after 4-5 months I'll sell the Note 2 and buy it...

Thankfully Our contract is not like US/Europe carriers contracts... the phones are not locked and can be sold without any problem, but you still have to pay for your contract
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-05 09:19
Congrats goldenface
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-11-05 09:25
"We’ve seen phones with the exact same processor, RAM, and resolution perform extremely well, so there’s nowhere to look for the gaps in performance but that Sony skin. If there were just stock Jelly Bean here with a few augmentations (like Album and Music Unlimited), you’d stand in line for the TL. As is, it’s a great piece of hardware that will probably be largely forgotten." - Gizmodo Australia

How true is this?

Source: http://www.gizmodo.com.au/201[....]-creature-dropped-on-its-head/

--

Congratulations. Enjoy your new phone @goldenface
[ This Message was edited by: Indiandawg on 2012-11-05 08:29 ]
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-11-05 10:34
I cannot believe that reviews are published that are obviously based on faulty devices!
I´ve had mine for 3 weeks now and I never experienced any jutter or lag!
And to call the UI cheap and clunky is totally subjective and uncalled for in a supposedly objective review!
I for one bought this phone because I think Samsung UI looks cheap and childish....
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-05 10:39

On 2012-11-05 09:25:08, Indiandawg wrote:
"We’ve seen phones with the exact same processor, RAM, and resolution perform extremely well, so there’s nowhere to look for the gaps in performance but that Sony skin. If there were just stock Jelly Bean here with a few augmentations (like Album and Music Unlimited), you’d stand in line for the TL. As is, it’s a great piece of hardware that will probably be largely forgotten." - Gizmodo Australia

How true is this?

Source: http://www.gizmodo.com.au/201[....]-creature-dropped-on-its-head/

This remains me of the saga with the 2011 Xperias and their ICS update ( or the XJ the JB update )...
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-05 10:49

On 2012-11-05 10:34:26, justus333 wrote:
I cannot believe that reviews are published that are obviously based on faulty devices!
I´ve had mine for 3 weeks now and I never experienced any jutter or lag!
And to call the UI cheap and clunky is totally subjective and uncalled for in a supposedly objective review!
I for one bought this phone because I think Samsung UI looks cheap and childish....

Agree, Had my Xperia TX for more than 2 weeks and never experienced any jutter or lag. Its very smooth and the battery is getting better with the latest firmware update. I am so glad with my Xperia TX. Sometimes these kind of review are very subjective and bias.
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-11-05 14:43
Not to spoil any fun or not that I don't agree with you'll. But I've never had a jutter free or lag free Sony Android phone yet. That's the only reason I'm just trying to make sure that if Sony has really improved at this point or not. Anyway, it's a good news. Waiting for Xperia T to get released in India so I can see myself.
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
newnagasaki
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-05 17:49
It is official guys.

I purchased my Xperia T from UK this morning at about 300 GBP (about $490 USD) from an auction on Ebay. this is the cheapest I have ever found, about $60 cheaper than other listed prices on the internet. I'm expected to recieve it between November 9th and 15th.

Is there anything I should know about the Xperia T?

Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-06 12:45
@newnagasaki
Nice on getting an Xperia T. Seems like a really good price too. I don't think there is anything you really need to know. It's a super phone. The only thing (if it matters to you) is that the newest FW isn't rootable without unlocking the bootloader (the older FW is), but the newest FW isn't available in the UK region yet I don't think.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-07 05:44
Where did u guys buy your screen protector for your Xperia T/TX? I am after a screen protector that are not easy to attract dust and fingerprints. Cheers
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-07 06:18
I don't usually buy screen protectors, but I've found the factory-applied protector extremely good. It's smoother than any other I've used and if it does pick up any prints they come off very easily. I'm a little scared to find out it's scratch resistance capabilities, past factory fitted screen protectors from Sony haven't been fantastic for scratches.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
hbgdmws
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-07 10:58
I would also like to customize the pull down menu if possible, anyone can help me with that?
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-11-07 11:03
Some reviewers criticised the the placing of buttons but I find them perfectly placed.

I do miss the double tap zoom in the browser though. Is there anyway to adjust this? I double-tap and it zooms in about 1%.
Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2012-11-07 11:15

On 2012-11-07 06:18:51, Ricky D wrote:
I'm a little scared to find out it's scratch resistance capabilities, past factory fitted screen protectors from Sony haven't been fantastic for scratches.

The factory applied screen protector is not scratch resistant. It's only function is to protect against glass shatter (that's why it is called shatter proof sheet). If you are worried against screen scratches you have two options:

- apply the additional protector provided by Sony (or buy one yourself);

- remove the factory applied sheet (it is difficult to remove, but it is possible). Because the glass in-under is supposed to be scratch resistant.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 535455 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic