Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia T & TX thread

Previous  123 ... 525354 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-31 00:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi guys, i have a bit of problem with games compatibility with my TX. Games like angry birds and temple run fine on my TX, but games like Gameloft Asphalt 7 only runs 3 out of every 10 times i open it and nearly always force closes. Also, can anyone who has the latest game NFS Most Wanted that was released today let me know whether it worked for them?? It says as compatible on Google Play market but when i open it, i either get a screen glitch or blackscreen... My boyfriend who has a Xperia S can run all those games fine and i hope to make my TX work so i can play multiplayer on the games too.

Any help will be much appreciated!!
SE W850i>LG Chocolate>SE Aino>SE Satio U1i>HTC Desire HD>SE Arc S>Sony Xperia S>Xperia TX
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-31 15:06
@alexwu98 Perhaps the new FW (7.0.A.3.195) will fix it for you. I remember previous FWs for Arc were causing issues with Jelly Defence and Temple Run (among others) and the problems were fixed after the most recent Arc FW.

Speaking of updates, does anyone know if the JB update in Feb will be straight to 4.2?
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-01 22:59
updating my FW right now....

UPDATE: Done. but I don't know any diff except it reset my settings. nothing missing though. had to re-set some widgets though.

EDIT: actually it did update and tweak some the of built-in app. i.e. Album and Walkman app. on the Walkman app, easier access to Shuffle and Repeat, tap on screen and it'll appear. no more pull-down menus.

Android version is : 4.0.4 (I dunno if it changed or not, didn't remember the old one before update).

Build Number : 7.0.A.3.197

don't know what else. maybe the battery might be improve, but dunno until I play with it.

Is everyone updating theirs, too? what's the difference? any improvements?
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-11-01 22:20 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-02 00:26
@Big D

Not updated mine yet. I think this update is supposed to allow the new small apps I linked a few days ago, as well as fix a few bugs. A new deep sleep mode is enabled too to help battery life, I read this makes the performance assistant obsolete. The android version on this should be the same as before. The big update to JB is in Feb.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-02 01:09
good to know, Ricky D.

btw, a question. should I use a task killer or not? With the old version, 1.6 and 2.1 Froyo, Task Killers help saves battery life. although I read that the newer android version doesn't need it, or in fact it'll actually use more battery life or something. is it true? does anyone use one? I use ATK, just in case. there is no built-in app killer for TX, is there? not that I know.

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-02 03:54
I don't use any task manager. Since gingerbread the memory management is pretty good in android. I think the reason task managers were useful before is that apps like facebook and twitter were permanently fetching data from servers, but since push data in 3rd party apps this is history.

I do swipe to clear apps from the running apps list (the virtual key on the right), doing this tells android to stop keeping that app in a 'paused' mode, not sure if it actually clears the app from RAM. I think the RAM is cleared as is needed by the OS.

In terms of task managers hurting battery life, I'm not sure this has much weight. The only scenarios I can figure are:
1. The manufacturer has a battery management app which is being closed by the task killer. This is bad practise to have an app to control battery use.
2. Certain system services or apps are being closed and need to be reopened causing extra CPU time therefore battery. This effect should be minimal on modern phones.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-02 05:00
I have just updated my Xperia TX and noticed the Quadrant score has increased to around 5400 from 4800 before the update. However I have lost my root on the phone after the update. Since I don't want to unlock the bootloader, I will have to wait for XDA to come up with a easy 1 click root.
16UE
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-02 05:46
I got my Xperia TX two days ago and it is the Hong Kong edition (I am in the United States) with firmware 7.0.A.1.307. It is an awesome phone. I did run into some wifi issue and would like to know if others have similar experience.

My first issue is that it could not connect to access points with hidden SSID. Fortunately the "HiddenSSID Enabler" app fixed that issue. My second issue is that it did not seem to be able to pick up 802.11n access point running at 5GHz. Can someone confirm whether Xperia TX supports dual band 802.11n? By the way, the Samsung Galaxy S3 does not have these issues.
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-02 12:19
@Ricky D thanks, and that swipe thing is very useful, I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT!

@16UE I don't have an issue with Hidden SSID "network", but is access point the same as network? I hidden my SSID @ home and it always connect fine. no problem connecting to 5GHz network as well. but if you're thinking dual band, 2.4GHz and 5GHz, I don't think it's capable.

One thing I don't like about the new FW is that it's takes longer to connect to WiFi networks, or switching between WiFi networks. before, it takes approx. 2 sec, now it approx 5-6 sec.

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-02 14:27
Is there no Xperia TL thread?? Review here

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sony-Xperia-TL-Review_id3170#1-
Phone?? What phone??
petermu
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-11-02 14:31
Just updated my Xperia TX last night.
I noticed the battery life has improved (better) with this version Build Number : 7.0.A.3.197.
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-02 23:18
Sony still have not fixed the bug on this new firmware where if u try to turn off the Xperia TX, most of the time the phone would restart itself instead of turning off. I have to try at least twice before I can actually turn the phone off. Anyone got the same problem?
petermu
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-11-03 14:56

On 2012-11-02 23:18:38, caff111 wrote:
Sony still have not fixed the bug on this new firmware where if u try to turn off the Xperia TX, most of the time the phone would restart itself instead of turning off. I have to try at least twice before I can actually turn the phone off. Anyone got the same problem?

Oops, I thought it's only me that experience this kind of thing.
It's very annoying.
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-03 15:10
the new firmware has fixed the slow and loss focus on camera..........it can now focus and shoot accurately.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-04 10:21
the new firmware has fixed the slow and loss focus on camera..........it can now focus and shoot accurately.

That's good news. Anything else obviously improved?
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 525354 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic