Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia T & TX thread

Previous  123 ... 515253 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
xperia_sakth
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-25 19:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello...I am working in philippine.. and i want xperia tx badly.. but online store they are selling with shop warranty (AP)..But i want buy from sony warranty. Kindly provide me the website where they are giving sony warranty and also deliver in philippine.. please help ...
Jr12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-26 02:52
Hi, I just got my TX yesterday and it was really beautiful. However, today when I check the system's specs and it only shows 641RAM while the official statement said it is supposed to be 1GB. I'm new to Android so I don't know if any of the rest was reserved for the system and only 641MB is available. So I would like to ask if any user who has the TX or anyone know about this one please help me on this, I will really appreciate it. Thanks.
[ This Message was edited by: Jr12 on 2012-10-26 01:56 ]
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-26 02:58

On 2012-10-26 02:52:44, Jr12 wrote:
Hi, I just got my TX yesterday and it was really beautiful. However, today when I check the system's specs and it only shows 641RAM while the official statement said it is supposed to be 1GB. I'm new to Android so I don't know if any of the rest was reserved for the system and only 641MB is available. So I would like to ask if any user who has the TX or anyone know about this one please help me on this, I will really appreciate it. Thanks.
[ This Message was edited by: Jr12 on 2012-10-26 01:56 ]

I think the rest is reserved for system and my TX is showing 642MB ram.
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-26 13:57

On 2012-10-25 19:47:16, xperia_sakth wrote:
Hello...I am working in philippine.. and i want xperia tx badly.. but online store they are selling with shop warranty (AP)..But i want buy from sony warranty. Kindly provide me the website where they are giving sony warranty and also deliver in philippine.. please help ...

While I'm not much knowledgeable about it, I do believe it's implied that T/TX (and all Sony products) have a 1- or 2-year manufacturer warranty included starting at the point of sale, as long as it from a legitimate source/retail, a legit item, not stolen. Is this not the case with Sony Xperia?

@Jr12 and Caff111 where would I find the RAM of my phone, in the Settings->Storage menu? is it the Phone Memory or the Internal Storage?

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2012-10-26 16:48

While I'm not much knowledgeable about it, I do believe it's implied that T/TX (and all Sony products) have a 1- or 2-year manufacturer warranty included starting at the point of sale, as long as it from a legitimate source/retail, a legit item, not stolen. Is this not the case with Sony Xperia?

There are phones sold without the official manufacturer warranty but with a "store warranty" (free labor, you buy the parts) here in the Philippines through online stores. They do not disclose how they are able to sell these devices without the original warranty, though without a law prohibiting them it's not really a mystery that they still aren't down. A lot of people patronize these stores because of their much cheaper prices compared to other legit stores.
Jr12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-26 16:58
I think the rest is reserved for system and my TX is showing 642MB ram.

So I'm not the only one, that's a relieve. Thanks for your reply.

@Jr12 and Caff111 where would I find the RAM of my phone, in the Settings->Storage menu? is it the Phone Memory or the Internal Storage?

I checked it in Settings/Apps/Running, or you can also download an app call Android System Info, it will show your all specs of your phone.
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-10-26 21:37
Google joins Sony in promoting James Bond as an Android user

http://www.androidauthority.c[....]ames-bond-android-user-126204/
Calypso2012
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-28 18:57
To those who own a TX: Would you buy it again? Can you tell some pros and cons? How is battery life?

I am thinking about importing one (I live in europe). So is it worth doing that?
[ This Message was edited by: Calypso2012 on 2012-10-28 17:58 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-29 08:08
@Calypso2012

Welcome to esato!

Would you buy it again? Pros and cons? Battery life?
I would buy TX again, and, I would recommend it to a friend. It is easily the best phone I've personally owned.

Pros: Great design (size and weight feel balanced, you realise it's big but doesn't feel like a monster), big and beautiful screen, fast, good build, removable/replaceable battery, the new album app, intuitive button placements (unlike Xperia T).

Cons: Camera doesn't match the hype (but is still very usable), 16GB could prove to not be enough for me in 12 months (I do have a 32GB card though), mediocre battery life (will be improved with the new FW rolling out now).

Is it worth importing one?
I'd always try to buy in your region first, but I would seriously consider importing this phone. Perhaps, wait a little bit to see what sort of early batch problems surface, as importing will often leave you short changed on the warranty. Saying that, I don't recall any reports of production faults for the TX except the mysterious screen type a/b thing that appeared a week or so ago. The worth of importing one is dependant on how much you want the handset and the best price for importing in relation to your budget for a new handset.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
petermu
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-10-29 15:38

On 2012-10-29 08:08:11, Ricky D wrote:
@Calypso2012

Welcome to esato!

Would you buy it again? Pros and cons? Battery life?
I would buy TX again, and, I would recommend it to a friend. It is easily the best phone I've personally owned.

Pros: Great design (size and weight feel balanced, you realise it's big but doesn't feel like a monster), big and beautiful screen, fast, good build, removable/replaceable battery, the new album app, intuitive button placements (unlike Xperia T).

Cons: Camera doesn't match the hype (but is still very usable), 16GB could prove to not be enough for me in 12 months (I do have a 32GB card though), mediocre battery life (will be improved with the new FW rolling out now).

Is it worth importing one?
I'd always try to buy in your region first, but I would seriously consider importing this phone. Perhaps, wait a little bit to see what sort of early batch problems surface, as importing will often leave you short changed on the warranty. Saying that, I don't recall any reports of production faults for the TX except the mysterious screen type a/b thing that appeared a week or so ago. The worth of importing one is dependant on how much you want the handset and the best price for importing in relation to your budget for a new handset.

Calypso2012 To those who own a TX: Would you buy it again? Can you tell some pros and cons? How is battery life?

I am thinking about importing one (I live in europe). So is it worth doing that?

I just got my Xperia TX yesterday, bought in HK. Overall very happy, fast, smooth, feel great at hand.
As for the build quality and design, hhmm, still prefer a bit Arc to this one.
I do agree with Dicky D about battery life and camera (which could be better).

@Calypso2012, don't be hesitant to get this beautiful gadget, am much more happy now than when I was with SG3.
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-29 16:55
I thought the camera was excellent on this phone?

Seen lots of people say it is and the pics I have seen on an XDA thread were very good.
[ This Message was edited by: northmonkey on 2012-10-29 16:14 ]
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-29 18:19
Regarding the battery life of the phone, is it not that good compared to what is estimated?

I personally like the battery life, compared to my old HTC Amaze 4G, it's nearly last twice as long, or 170%, same daily usage. so maybe it could've been better, and hopefully would be with the next FW update ( along with the walkman app I hope), but I love the battery life as it is right now.

just curious, how many here owns a Xperia T (LT30) phone, the james bond phone and how many owns TX (LT29i)? Does anyone owns or had the xperiance of using both?
I just wanna hear some comparison between it, the feel, handling, body design, etc.?

I know one of the major plus for LT29 TX is it's replaceable battery.
Although I haven't look at the LT30 Xperia T, but I'm guessing the SIM card and microSD card slot are easy accessible? since you can't pop out the back cover, it must be like how you insert it on the side. this might be a major plus for me, and one thing I would've like on my Xperia TX. One transferring date, media, music, movies, I find it easier and more error-free if I just take out he SDcard and connect to my pc directly rather than via the phone's usb cable. but powering off the phone, take out the back cover and battery just to access the SD card becomes a hassle.

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-30 04:08
TO ALL WHO RESIDES IN THE EAST COAST OF USA, IN OR NEAR THE PATH OF HURRICANE SANDY, I WISH YOU ARE ALL SAFE!

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-30 06:24
I suppose the battery review depends on your reference point. I'm comparing my TX battery to Arc on the most recent Arc ICS FW. In that comparison there is little to pick between them, if I compare to the first FW I had on Arc in April last year, the TX battery is hours better than Arc.

The camera on the TX is very good and usable as a replacement to a compact camera, what I said was that it doesn't match the hype, meaning many people expected a world beater camera and at 13MP it's as many as my DSLR but the picture quality isn't a massive step forward from previous generation handsets, it's incremental if any. The screen does make up for it when viewing on the phone but viewed on other mediums it's nothing special. The camera app speed is also an asset.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Calypso2012
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-30 10:17
Thanks for your answers!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 515253 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic