Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia T & TX thread

Previous  123 ... 505152 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-24 08:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The script doesn't effect your apps or data, it won't wipe your phone so from that point of view you don't need to back anything up. However, it is good practise to back stuff up before playing with anything because sometimes jets do fall out of the sky. In short, I didn't backup before rooting my TX and 99.99% of the time you won't regret it with this script.

I saw that thread was for Arc but the contacts application for Arc is almost identical to that on TX so I thought it should work (and I still think the picture size is correct), but as I described in my edit of my previous post, the issue is with the cropping process not allowing landscape crops, so until a fix is issued don't hold your breath for non-pixelated contact photos.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-24 09:14
Thanks Ricky D, but do u have the picture contact pixelation problem on your Xperia TX?? Also what should the resolution size for wallpaper? Cheers
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-24 09:44
I do have contact picture pixelation on my TX, but to be honest it doesn't bother me as I don't have many contacts with pictures and I don't use the phone functions often enough for it to bother me.

I'm not sure what the perfect size for wallpapers is, but I would try maybe 1280x1440 (not sure if yu have to take nto account the height of the button bar at the bottom).

I use Nova Launcher with just 3 homescreens and fix the background so for me background size would be a different requirement to using the stock launcher.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-24 12:27
Anyone know whether SGP Spigen will make a case for TX?? I haven't seen them make anymore after making one for Xperia S. They make one the most beautiful looking cases and is the reason i still have my XperiaS
SE W850i>LG Chocolate>SE Aino>SE Satio U1i>HTC Desire HD>SE Arc S>Sony Xperia S>Xperia TX
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-24 14:25
I have rooted my Xperia TX and wondering what pre-installed apps or system file are safe to un-install? Thanks !
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-24 15:26
@caff111

That depends on how much of the functionality you find to be useless. I remove all the pre-installed live wallpapers (NOT the wallpaper selector app), any pre-installed games, Play Now, the 'Fun & Games' thing, FB, Setup Guide, Help, the UEFA Champ League thing (wtf?), the Japanese keyboard and all it's skins, the digital clock widgets, Retail Demo, Data widgets, ON/OFF widgets and maybe a few other things but I forget. If you're using Titanium (or similar) make sure you do a backup before you uninstall and you're golden. If you're really unsure about uninstalling something (perhaps it has an important sounding name or is a system app) freeze it (acts as uninstalled) for a few days and see if you miss it. Freezing will be marginally safer than straight uninstalling. If you're STILL edgy about your first uninstall a bit of googling the app name name will help you find out if it's actually useful to you or not.

Having said all that, I haven't felt the need to remove any apps from my TX, it's blazing fast already, I haven't any storage worries and with Nova Launcher I can hide from the app tray any apps I don't want to look at.

@alexwu98 That looks pretty sexy, but I'm not a fan of cases on my phone. I find going bareback gives you a better feel.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-10-24 14:32 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
xperia_sakth
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-24 17:41
Really xperia tx display has two verion?. I am not worry abt viewing angle.. kindly give ur comment about display?
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-10-24 19:52
I love the display! Viewing angles I couldnt care less about. But I would say sufficiently good viewing angles.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-25 02:32

On 2012-10-24 17:41:32, xperia_sakth wrote:
Really xperia tx display has two verion?. I am not worry abt viewing angle.. kindly give ur comment about display?

I've not extensively used other manufacturers but it is the best I remember ever seen first hand or used. It still surprises me and makes me happy when I see it on the table and the screen is on. It is truly beautiful.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-25 02:56
@Big D
There appears to be 3 new smallapps from Sony on the play store. Currency converter, unit converter and a mirror.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-25 05:16
@Ricky D I tried but I couldn't download it on my phone via play.google.com. neither does it show on my play store app on my phone. Did anyone else have that problem. confused since it's a Sony phone, it should've been compatible...

also, even though I checked the "adjust to lighting conditions" box in the Brightness, there's barely any change. my previous phones, including the Xperia X10 and Neo, adapt the brightness quickly, within 3-5 sec). for the Xperia LT29i, there's barely and change at all, if so, it took wayyy too long to. I hope they make make an update including this function soon. Also to customize the pull down menu, like replacing the "brightness" in place of the "Data" or the sound, just because you can do it with the volume button on the side, I see no need for it.

regarding the screen viewing angle, I don't know since I can't tell, but I don't care, I can still see it nicely.

For a personal opinion, I think the LT29i screen have a "warm" tint similar to the Neo. While the x10 was a more cool, clear tint, which I'm more in favor of. is it something one can adjust, like the hue color of a tv.

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-25 06:15
@Big D
I think (at least in the Play Store) the new small apps are only compatible after the upcoming FW update which is being rolled out already. 7.0.A.3.195 should come to TX very soon.

In the meantime or if you're depserate, this thread on xda seems to have some workarounds for getting them installed.

I too get a buggy experience with the adjust to lighting conditions check box. I have it unchecked and 100% brightness but every now and then it will dim by about 10% for a minute or so. I think there are bugs in the system there. We just have to sit and wait for a fix, although I hear it's not fixed in the .195 FW update.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-10-25 09:51
@Ricky D,

why are you using the Nova launcher? What value does it add to the experience or what dont you like about the Sony launcher?
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-25 10:13
@justus333

Nova Launcher lets me change the number of home screens, adjust the grid to 5 rows, hide unwanted icons from the app drawer, change the icons of shortcuts on the homescreen, change transition animations... there's more but I don't need to go on. I enjoy having a finely tuned UI designed to my taste and style.

I do think the Sony widgets are pretty good, but I keep my homescreen fairly minimal, clutter blocks my train of thought.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-10-25 19:37
Sony Xperia TL for AT&T available November 2nd for $99.99

U.S.A
[ This Message was edited by: smclion102 on 2012-10-25 18:39 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 505152 ... 131132133  Next