Writeup and screen comparison

http://recombu.com/news/samsu[....]3-vs-sony-xperia-t_M18322.html
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-08-31 13:45 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-31 15:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So, we all know the Xperia V has all the new Sony tech (Bravia 2, HDR, Clear Audio+, etc) but aren't these basically software enhancements? My question is, can't these algorithms be ported to the T, thereby making it the TRUE flagship, sans water resistance?

Just wondering.. I'm not a phone hacker though I do appreciate those who are!

EDIT:

perhaps this isn't the best place to post this, but I am torn fellas and I'd like your input, especially you @randomuser. My options are:

1) wait for this bad boy and either get it unlocked (not sure if it'll be sold in the US) or from AT&T (if/when they pick it up). Either way, I'll probably be paying a hefty price since I'm not sure if I'm up for an upgrade yet with AT&T.

2) Get an older Xperia (probably Xperia U) and wait until 2H 2013 for the real Sony beasts to emerge and get the flagship phone at that time.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2012-08-31 14:42 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 15:50
I'd personally say if you can wait, then you should actually wait as the 2013 phones will be significantly better than the T/V. I'm sure ROG will suggest you the same.

The Quad Core power and Full HD screen alone should be enough to ease the pain of the long wait for you, without even getting on to the camera and other features.

Note For all those in the UK wanting to get the T, it will go on sale in UK on this coming Wednesday - September 5th.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-08-31 15:13 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-31 16:27
I definitely need a new phone ...

The question is whether I can get the T for a subsidized price (which would only happen if AT&T picks it up and who knows when that will actually happen. Nov is the rumor) or just get an Xperia U online for $329 USD.

The new features are definitely a plus for waiting..

So by your suggestion, I should get the XU and wait for the 2H 2013 Flagship..

What says you @rog (if you're reading this thread)?
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 16:40

On 2012-08-31 15:50:47, randomuser wrote:
Note For all those in the UK wanting to get the T, it will go on sale in UK on this coming Wednesday - September 5th.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-08-31 15:13 ]

I still can't believe that. Fastest release ever, but hold on, we will see what happen next week...
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 17:02
LONDON, 31 August 2012 – Carphone Warehouse has announced that it will be stocking the new Sony Xperia devices announced yesterday by Sony.

Xperia T
The new Xperia T combine Sony's best HD experiences, easy connectivity with 'One-touch' sharing enabled by NFC and award-winning arc design.

The brilliant 4.6" HD Reality Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA® Engine gives this screen razor sharp clarity and a 13MP fast capture camera can record in 1080p HD video to create the highest possible quality content. The Xperia T dock also includes a MHL to HDMI converter and charging connector to allow users to easily enjoy photos and videos on a HDMI enabled TV.

Running on Android Ice Cream Sandwich (with expected future upgrade to Jelly Bean), the device uses the latest generation 1.5GHz duel core processor for improved battery life, fast performance and ultra-sharp graphics.

The Xperia T will be available Wednesday 5th September from Carphone Warehouse and pricing will be confirmed shortly.

Xperia J

The Xperia J makes stylish smartphone design affordable with a standout screen size.

The standout 4" screen allows for a fantastic experience on a sharp and clear screen. This stylish Android phone has a sleek and slender design and the brilliant 'WALKMAN' app will keep even the most avid music fan happy with brilliant clarity sound quality.

Xperia J's smart illuminations also give users a heads-up to social media alerts. The light notifies of incoming messages, Facebook updates and more, making it easy to stay in touch and in style. The front facing camera is also perfect for those who prefer to say it face-to-face.

The Xperia J will be available from Wednesday 5th September at Carphone Warehouse with pricing to be confirmed at a later date.

Xperia Tablet S

Connecting the family with an exciting world of entertainment experiences, this Xperia tablet lets users enjoy a seamless multimedia experience.

Thinner and lighter than the original Sony Tablet S, the Xperia Tablet S is crafted in premium materials for effortless good looks and comfortable handling around the home or on the move. Running on a speedy NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor and Android 4.0.3 operating system, it's got plenty of power to run various simultaneous media, apps and games.

The splash-proof Xperia Tablet S is designed for real-life use around the home and outdoors. There's no need to worry about water spillages if you're checking a recipe in the kitchen with wet hands or the kids are handling it with sticky fingers.

Through Sony Entertainment Network services, users can enjoy the latest movies, music and personal photos with a single account. Full access to millions of songs and themed radio channels at any time via Music Unlimited service are available. Users can also purchase or rent on-demand hit movies and TV shows any time with Video Unlimited.

The Xperia Tablet S will be available from Carphone Warehouse priced at £329 for the wi-fi only version and £429 on 3G. Dates for when the tablet will be available for purchase are still to be confirmed.
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-31 17:17
It will be available this Sept? Sony said Q4...
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 17:24
^

The V and J were said to come out in Q4, T/TX in "a few weeks". But turns out the T as well as the J and even the V will be available before October, with the T and the J going on sale this Wednesday.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-08-31 16:26 ]
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 20:24
Damn! All this sounds great! TURBO-Releases!!!
Randomuser thank you for feeding us! You're my new doctor.
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2012-08-31 19:30 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-09-01 11:00
Sony is moving in correct way.. but it needs more time to fill the gaps...

in the past year (2011) they managed to squeeze the time2market frame shorter and shorter ( except for ION ) but most other phones got on the shelfs in 3 - 4 months timeframe... and even some got less time.. ofcourse we cannot blame Sony for out of their control reasons ( Arc delay duo to nature disasters )...

in 2012 they started to have even more aggressive time2market timeframe.. and the T proves this point of view...

I think Sony should work now on the next major step, latest Android versions... they already have managed to accelerate their upgrade speed, but they need more work specially in new devices.. for example 2011 devices got ICS before 2012... I know some will say this is good because 2011 were already in the market and tens of thousands of peoples already have these phones compared to 2012 devices.. but Sony in the first place should launch high-end 2012 devices with ICS from the beginning specially in Xperia S... yes the other devices that came later in mid year came with ICS including the new Xperia T, but I think Sony should work hard to bring JB in at least these new Xperia T, TX, V as the platform where already old and JB was already several months released ( and Sony did have it even before the source release )...

Why I'm saying this ? just take a look at Galaxy S3.. the JB treatment is already very close... and even Samsung announced some devices with JB... unless the JB will make the release in market later... but Sony should really consider give the priority to the new devices in the new Android versions at least by month in advance to older models...
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-01 11:19
I think its a strategy by sony, release high end phones with outdated software, give "updates" which is basically catching up, they spend less on support, and the users become happy. This is one thing which as you said, they really need to work on. Not just time taken for the updates, but the quality of updates. Sony did a good job with the x10 update, they actually changed its ui and brought it more in line with their 2011 devices. But, the ics update, brought nothing new to the 2011 devices. They look mismatched, even the gallery has the old gingerbread one. If they have developed a better UI why not bring it down to the other older ones which recieve updates? By older ones, i mean relatively old. There's only one company that understands the concept of updates, and that is Nokia. I hope Sony mobile becomes more like them in terms of the updates and support.

Imagine if google updated the play store only for the newest device, and the older(less than a year old) ones would be stuck on the market version. There is a huge change in the UI and functionality between the old market and play store.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2012-09-01 15:26
I think they'll improve further their software updates.It's not only up to Sony,but also to Google to make it easier to hardware manufacturers to update their devices.What is the most striking for me is the immediate release date for the xperia T.If it was SE they would have announced it at MWC and launch it now.But Sony seems to be learning from past mistakes.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-01 19:47

On 2012-09-01 11:19:19, djin wrote:
I think its a strategy by sony, release high end phones with outdated software, give "updates" which is basically catching up, they spend less on support, and the users become happy. This is one thing which as you said, they really need to work on. Not just time taken for the updates, but the quality of updates. Sony did a good job with the x10 update, they actually changed its ui and brought it more in line with their 2011 devices. But, the ics update, brought nothing new to the 2011 devices. They look mismatched, even the gallery has the old gingerbread one. If they have developed a better UI why not bring it down to the other older ones which recieve updates? By older ones, i mean relatively old. There's only one company that understands the concept of updates, and that is Nokia. I hope Sony mobile becomes more like them in terms of the updates and support.

Absolutely agree. X10 got better and better with the OS updates and it even got 2011 Xperia's UI with the GB Update ( including the new music player, gallery, launcher and so on ). Not to mention that every new software update made it even more and more stable.

2011 Xperias, on the other hand, got only one major OS update, and it was so f*cking buggy and laggy, that it's not worth updating. Not only they didn't get the new Walkman and Album apps, but they also had the new ICS music player disabled, because Sony, yes SONY, not SE, decided to port their old GB apps. Absolutely nonsense! And unfair! This is where Sony will always suck, compared to Apple, Samsung, HTC, or even the old , they are known for their poor customer support, not only for mobile phones, but for all of their products. And they do it on purpose - to force you to buy newer and even more expensive product, only an year after your previous purchase.

What do Apple do? They listen to their customers, take care of them, and even iPhone 3GS, released in 2010 with iOS 3 is going to get the new iOS 6. Or Samsung - their 2010 Galaxy S won't get ICS, because of old hardware, but it still gets some ICS features with the so-named "Value Packs".

Sony? Disables ICS features, just to promote their new ugly and damn expensive phones. Is it fair? Please tell me, Sony fans, how can I love Sony, when it treats me as shit?
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
spw
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-09-02 02:07

On 2012-09-01 19:47:43, mediar wrote:

What do Apple do? They listen to their customers, take care of them, and even iPhone 3GS, released in 2010 with iOS 3 is going to get the new iOS 6. Or Samsung - their 2010 Galaxy S won't get ICS, because of old hardware, but it still gets some ICS features with the so-named "Value Packs".

Sony? Disables ICS features, just to promote their new ugly and damn expensive phones. Is it fair? Please tell me, Sony fans, how can I love Sony, when it treats me as shit?

how can you diss Sony and glorify Samsung when Sony updated 95% of their devices while Samsung updated 10%?

As to the iOS, old phones dont get all the features and are often quite laggy with new firmware... I have 3GS and it is very very slow phone with 5.1
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-02 08:51

On 2012-09-02 02:07:10, spw wrote:
how can you diss Sony and glorify Samsung when Sony updated 95% of their devices while Samsung updated 10%?

As to the iOS, old phones dont get all the features and are often quite laggy with new firmware... I have 3GS and it is very very slow phone with 5.1

I gave you the answer in the other topic:

On 2012-09-01 19:58:49, mediar wrote:
Ok, tell me, which one is better:

Samsung/HTC/LG option - give good ICS update to their high- and mid-end phones and no update to their low-end phones

Sony option - gives shitty, buggy, laggy, unstable and unusable ICS update to all Xperias ( even the most high-end one ). Still advises you not to update, but, yea, all the Xperias can be updated ( in theory ). So proud.

Which sound better? And, if you buy cheap phones, would you really care of OS updates? Or just buy new one?
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic