Previous  123 ... 454647 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-16 19:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-10-15 03:08:03, alexwu98 wrote:

Reviews suggest the LED flash is brighter on the S than the T could you confirm this Alex?

Hi there, i just did a quick test using both cameras in flash mode. The TX's flash duration seem shorter than the Xperia S. I was puzzled by this so i looked it up and found out that the T/TX has "pulsed LED flash" which is supposed to send a high current high powered flash but in very short duration. From what i can see, TX/T flash does seem to be not as bright as the Xperia S but that may be an effect due to the short flash duration... What does other owners of T/TX with Xperia S think?? :S

Still puzzled as to why they would put a pulsed LED on the T and not stick to what was on the S? especially if it's not as good, baffling.
daki_330
K700
PM
Posted: 2012-10-16 22:34
XTx "against" SGS3...kinda good video comparation, although I don't understand the word they say. :-|

Part-1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3AuOkrgjVY
Part-2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvtperckG3U
Part-3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKLXG4ZnTHk

Oh, and hello to the forum Old Sony/Ericsson/SonyEricsson user here (T-10; Z-7; K700i)...currently very intersted in XTx...
[ This Message was edited by: daki_330 on 2012-10-16 22:13 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 01:00
Oh my god that Samsung looks tacky next to the Sony And the screen colours look much better and natural on the Sony too with better viewing angles.
Phone?? What phone??
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 01:57
Sony made a cock up cramming three buttons together on the right side, what a nightmare! why not put the power button at the top right hand side or even on the top of the phone? or put the volume rocker on the left side? seems very odd and looks very uncomfortable.
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 03:12
Rumors of the Sony Nexus X, photo leaked.

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]-and-on-screen-buttons_id35546

I don't know much about any Nexus, but several of the older Nexus are based on existing phones from it's partner (LG Optimus, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy). This one will be based on the Xperia T.

what is the major different between those individual models and it's Nexus variants? I wish to know so I can know/ or guess what to expect in the comparison between the Xperia T and it's Google Nexus variant.

Would Nexus use Sony's Xperia UI?

-------------------------------------------------------

An unrelated question: The Xperia TL (LT30at) released via AT&T in the USA. it's major difference from the Xperia T and TX are it's LTE capability. judging from it's specs, it also have the 1700 and 2100 mhz for HSPA+ (4G), will it not? we probably can answer it for now, since it haven't been released, but are there news and review about it?
other than via AT&T, are there an unlocked version, with LTE capability as well as it's HSPA+ counterpart.
Considering i'm with the T-Mobile USA network and it'll add LTE starting January 2013, this may be the wiser buy in the long run, however, I don't like it being branded to AT&T.
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-17 02:22 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 04:20

An unrelated question: The Xperia TL (LT30at) released via AT&T in the USA. it's major difference from the Xperia T and TX are it's LTE capability. judging from it's specs, it also have the 1700 and 2100 mhz for HSPA+ (4G), will it not? we probably can answer it for now, since it haven't been released, but are there news and review about it?
other than via AT&T, are there an unlocked version, with LTE capability as well as it's HSPA+ counterpart.
Considering i'm with the T-Mobile USA network and it'll add LTE starting January 2013, this may be the wiser buy in the long run, however, I don't like it being branded to AT&T.
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-17 02:22 ]

the Xperia T and TX has the MSM8260A chip. This is the chip that has NO LTE radio chip inside. I am guessing the AT&T Xperia T shares the same chipset as Xperia GX, which is the MSM8960 which does have the LTE capability built on the chip. have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip) and scroll down near the end where the table of features are. So i think the best bet if you are really wanting LTE is to buy the Xperia GX, and you can unlock its secret LTE function by downloading this app https://play.google.com/store[....]lkLmx0ZV9zZXR0aW5nZm9yZ3giXQ..

My friend has done this and he confirms it works perfectly
[ This Message was edited by: alexwu98 on 2012-10-17 03:21 ]
SE W850i>LG Chocolate>SE Aino>SE Satio U1i>HTC Desire HD>SE Arc S>Sony Xperia S>Xperia TX
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 04:32
The GX are the Japanese version only, is it not? it's also known as the LT29i Hayabusa, I'm guessing.

I found some on ebay as well, costing 200 USD more than the TX. but is it USA compatible, (T-Mobile USA) and HSPA+ capable like the T/TX, using 3G and 4G on T-Mobile USA?

I also thought most japanese phones won't work anywhere else, or did it change with the smartphones as international phones.

What sort of network and in what country are your friend? u think it would work here in USA, alexwu98 ? With everything the T/TX have and more?

EDIT: ok I check the specs posted on ebay.com, seems the GX isn't a 3G/4G T-Mobile USA capable, doesn't have the 1700/2100mhz radio bands. it' great that the GX is capable of LTE, after unlocking some secret function, but then I won't be able to use the current T-Mobile 3g/4G service I paid for.

probably my biggest concern is that I hope T-Mobile won't drop 3G and HSPA+, or it'll stranded many of it's existing customers, it's not likely, I'm assuming.

Still.... It would be cool to own the Japanese model, if it have to be branded, having NTT DoCoMo is cooler than that AT&T logo. haha. but not for 800 when I can get the unlocked, intl for 600.

Thanks anyway Alexwu98.
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-17 03:46 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 04:52
@Big_D

Oh sorry, i am not too familiar with how the 3G networks run in USA as i don't live there... Btw i think japanese phones can be used with other networks...at least here in Vodafone New Zealand they are able to run:). Anyway good luck to finding what you are after!
SE W850i>LG Chocolate>SE Aino>SE Satio U1i>HTC Desire HD>SE Arc S>Sony Xperia S>Xperia TX
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 08:52
Hi RickyD

On 2012-10-08 03:27:58, Ricky D wrote:
@ofiach
Hey! Hope you're well! Congrats on getting a T, but do you know for sure that it supports the SDXC standard and not just the SDHC standard? Previous generations of phones (thinking about my Arc) only supported the SDHC standard which has a maximum of 32GB, it's the SDXC which supports 64GB up to 2TB.

Have you got a Sony website for this? This site shows only up to 32gb

http://www.sonymobile.com/glo[....]hones/xperia-t/specifications/

I bought a card from Hong Kong and I think it has faults on it anyway, because my PC and MacBook Pro will not read it.

Ofiaich
esato since Nov, 12, 2001
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-17 09:42
Hey ofiaich,

I wouldn't be too quick to blame your shiney new card. I believe the SDXC format is relatively new, and your MacBook and PC may not be compatible. I'd check the specs of the card readers you have and see they support SDXC and maybe see if this wiki article will help you with compatibility issues.

You may need a new card reader to use it with your PC/MacBook.

Incidentally, how much did you pay for the card?

Ricky
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 11:27
Hi Ricky,

I paid £38.30 via Amazon.

I do have exFat as format options on my PC and MacBook Pro and the PC did read it and I could begin to transfer files that I know to be safe but rhe card very quickly became unreadable.

The Wiki article says Apple Mac OS X versions that support SDXC cards and exFAT are Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.5 or later including OS X Lion 10.7. I have Mountain Lion and it sees the card, and it shows how much space is free, but it will not read. Re-formatting it progress well until I saw the message ' cannot write to final block' or something like that.

Anyway, the card is winging its way back to Hong Kong. The dealer did point out that the Xperia T cannot read it.

I had hoped to use the 64GB card in my Xperia Tablet S 23GB.

Ofiaich
esato since Nov, 12, 2001
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 18:02

On 2012-10-16 22:34:15, daki_330 wrote:
XTx "against" SGS3...kinda good video comparation, although I don't understand the word they say. :-|

Part-1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3AuOkrgjVY
Part-2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvtperckG3U
Part-3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKLXG4ZnTHk

Oh, and hello to the forum Old Sony/Ericsson/SonyEricsson user here (T-10; Z-7; K700i)...currently very intersted in XTx...
[ This Message was edited by: daki_330 on 2012-10-16 22:13 ]

it's vietnamese
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 19:46
I tried out the Xperia T, have to say the LED Flash is extremely poor, fancy chucking a poor flash like that on a flagship phone? disgraceful and as I said having 3 sets of buttons on the right side is extremely poor, the power button should be on the top of the phone or the volume rocker should be on the left side so that only the power button and camera button are on the right and that way the camera button could have been slightly bigger as well, some poor decisions there from Sony.
daki_330
K700
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 22:54

On 2012-10-17 18:02:38, HxH wrote:

it's vietnamese

Did you understand it? I wonder what did they say about screen/colors (in short)?
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-18 01:42
I now know why the camera isn't up to scratch on this phone- there's only 1.12 microns per pixel which means not enough light is getting through, most cameraphones have at least 1.4 per pixel with a lot even having 1.7 per pixel.

The sensor is too small for a 13MP Camera hence all the noise.

When are Sony going to step up their game? they make DSLR's and Compact Camera's that are good so why can't they transfer this to their phones? They used to make great cameraphones like the C901, C905, Satio, K800i etc but I don't understand what they are playing at?

Also, why don't they use Xenon anymore? they did on C905 and Satio etc but they have ditched it.

Next year if they really wanna out sell Apple, Samsung, HTC etc then they need to bring out a great phone with say 8MO-12MP Camera, bigger sensor, better microns per pixel and a Xenon flash then they will blow the competition away.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 454647 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic