Previous  123 ... 434445 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
newnagasaki
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-14 20:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-10-14 18:56:34, Big_D wrote:
@newnagasaki, I wonder which retail are you using. I only could be able to find USA retailers on eBay.com with the cheapest listing as 629.00 USD. 450 USD is really a great price. do they carry the TX as well?
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-14 17:57 ]

I couldn't find the TX, but here is the link to the Xperia T. http://www.gsmnation.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-t-lt30p-black.html

They have the white one in another listing on the site. I did some research on the site and they seem legit too.

Now its just a waiting game to it actually going on sale. they haven't emailed me back yet regarding when they will have it in stock, but its the weekend so I hopefully I will hear tomorrow.
aindriu80
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-14 21:47
hi,

I bought the Xperia T and had it for a few days but left it back as there was a small hole on the screen (in the black part where the buttons were) and also a small scratch on the screen. Hopefully in the coming days weeks I will get the full refund.

Its a good phone although there are a few things I don't like such as where the volume and power buttons are.

Anyway since I am waiting on the phone company to refund me I was looking at the Xperia TX. I can't get it where I live - Republic of Ireland - but I really want it. I ordered screen covers for the T off amazon.co.uk and was going to just pick up another T as a replacement but I was checking it out the Xperia TX here :

http://www.expansys.com.hk/sony-xperia-tx-lt29i-unlocked-white-236059/

For $4,535.00 HKD / €451.564 EUR plus shipping equals $4,915.00 HKD / €489.401 EUR I can supposedly get the Xperia TX. It is only €40 more than the Xperia T.

Would you order a TX off this Hong Kong site ?

alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-14 23:04

On 2012-10-14 16:29:15, newnagasaki wrote:
Thanks guys for your help, was pretty nervous there.

@Alex, thanks for the website where you got your TX from. I did the conversion rate and it would cost me $2000 USD if I bought it from that website.

I was going to go through with the purchase of the TX from China, but then I found a USA website that is offering the Xperia T for $450, but it hasn't gone on sale yet. This is the cheapest I found of both the T and TX so I will just wait until they start selling it. Usually the prices I found are $550+. Hopefully is this week they will start selling it Ive already emailed them inqiuring about it. I need a phone bad, my SE w810 is dead and i'm stuck using my grandma's flip phone for the time being.
[ This Message was edited by: newnagasaki on 2012-10-14 15:31 ]

$2000USD???? if you used the TWD to USD currency conversion, it will turn out to be $633.89. Are you sure you used the right currency? I would never refer someone a $2000 phone, thats crazy haha . Anyway, best of luck getting your T/TX!!
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-14 23:22
Is the camera quality the same or better than the Xperia S on this phone?
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-10-14 23:37
Judging from the photos I've seen, and samples provided by GSMArena, it's neither. Camera quality is worse than Xperia S :<

A quick sample:
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-15 00:07

On 2012-10-14 23:37:02, admad wrote:
Judging from the photos I've seen, and samples provided by GSMArena, it's neither. Camera quality is worse than Xperia S :<

A quick sample:

Hmm...i have the Xperia Arc S, the Xperia S and also the Xperia TX.... I can say that the Xperia TX has a camera that is slightly better than the Xperia S, with less noise and more detail ..but the S and the TX cameras arent really a world apart. TX is better by slightly. I don't know how GSMarena took that sample of the T/TX because it looks more like the quality of a Samsung Ace or something
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-15 01:59

On 2012-10-15 00:07:20, alexwu98 wrote:

A quick sample:

Hmm...i have the Xperia Arc S, the Xperia S and also the Xperia TX.... I can say that the Xperia TX has a camera that is slightly better than the Xperia S, with less noise and more detail ..but the S and the TX cameras arent really a world apart. TX is better by slightly. I don't know how GSMarena took that sample of the T/TX because it looks more like the quality of a Samsung Ace or something

Reviews suggest the LED flash is brighter on the S than the T could you confirm this Alex?
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-15 03:08

Reviews suggest the LED flash is brighter on the S than the T could you confirm this Alex?

Hi there, i just did a quick test using both cameras in flash mode. The TX's flash duration seem shorter than the Xperia S. I was puzzled by this so i looked it up and found out that the T/TX has "pulsed LED flash" which is supposed to send a high current high powered flash but in very short duration. From what i can see, TX/T flash does seem to be not as bright as the Xperia S but that may be an effect due to the short flash duration... What does other owners of T/TX with Xperia S think?? :S
newnagasaki
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-15 03:57

On 2012-10-14 23:04:46, alexwu98 wrote:

On 2012-10-14 16:29:15, newnagasaki wrote:
Thanks guys for your help, was pretty nervous there.

@Alex, thanks for the website where you got your TX from. I did the conversion rate and it would cost me $2000 USD if I bought it from that website.

I was going to go through with the purchase of the TX from China, but then I found a USA website that is offering the Xperia T for $450, but it hasn't gone on sale yet. This is the cheapest I found of both the T and TX so I will just wait until they start selling it. Usually the prices I found are $550+. Hopefully is this week they will start selling it Ive already emailed them inqiuring about it. I need a phone bad, my SE w810 is dead and i'm stuck using my grandma's flip phone for the time being.
[ This Message was edited by: newnagasaki on 2012-10-14 15:31 ]

$2000USD???? if you used the TWD to USD currency conversion, it will turn out to be $633.89. Are you sure you used the right currency? I would never refer someone a $2000 phone, thats crazy haha . Anyway, best of luck getting your T/TX!!

Woops. I think I used the Chinese Yuan for the conversion rate, my mistake. =)

Anyways I'm waiting for the phone at GSM Nation to on sale, $450 is a great deal! Hopefully its this week.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-15 04:54
I think I mentioned it before but if anyone is absolutely chomping at the bit to get a TX and they can't find any other means, I can pick one up at the electronics markets here in Beijing and send it to wherever. I could even flash it with a non-Chinese FW first then put it back in the box if necessary.

Last I checked the price was quoted to me at 3800 RMB (Chinese Yuan), add to that postage to whatever country you're in (last time I posted 2 handsets insured speedy courier to the UK it was ~500 RMB), dunno how that compares to quotes you guys are getting. Prices may have come down a smidge in the last couple weeks as competition in my markets increases, but PM me if you're interested.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-15 11:30

A quick sample:

This test is strange since many other samples show actually great camera quality.
It may be also dirty lens or whatever...
a w a r e
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-15 11:42

@northmonkey, i just took a random picture with my TX in complete darkness, using flash. All settings are on auto. Focus mode is multi focus. As you can see, even in pitch black room, the TX is able to focus well and not over expose, and the flash is plenty powerful. The amount of detail and lack of noise when zoomed it is definitely noticeably better than if i took the photo with Xperia S (i can do so if you want to see a comparison later on)... Click on the link below the picture to see the full uncompressed picture. And seeing that every photo i took so far is 3 to 5 mb, you know that sony is doing something right this time in terms of no over compressing the photos

The second photo is a photo taken in a dimly-lighted cafe, which should indicate the noise levels of the TX in low light

Original

Original
[ This Message was edited by: alexwu98 on 2012-10-15 12:23 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-15 12:15
Great shot actually.
a w a r e
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-15 12:19
Thanks for that Alex, that's interesting, yes it would be good to see the difference compared to the Xperia S.
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-15 12:38

On 2012-10-15 12:15:34, doministry wrote:
Great shot actually.

@doministry Thank you=), i did it in a hurry so apologies for just using random objects for the picture
@northmonkey Ok, will get the dust off the xperia S and charged within these two days and try to do a comparison
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 434445 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic