Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia T & TX thread

Previous  123 ... 424344 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
Miki69
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-10-12 20:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
How does camera button feel like? Is it easy to half/full depress? Is it too small?

Cheers,
Miki
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-13 02:13
The camera button is nice compared to Arc's which was way too small. The feel off the button is good and the half press full press feel is has nothing to complain about it too.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-10-13 02:32 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
newnagasaki
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-13 17:43
Xperia T / TX experts, I need your help.

If I buy a Xperia TX from china, will I still be able to use google aps if I live in the USA? I heard that it may be blocked if I buy the Xperia TX from china due to their censorship and current relationship with Google.

Also will Xperia T firmware files work with Xperia TX?

Please I need a quick answer, I am pending a purchase right now but don't want to go through with it if I can't use google aps because it a chinese version of the Xperia TX and I might risk having google apps blocked even though I live in USA.
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-13 22:56
Ricky D got your answer. even if you do have a China version, this will help, supposedly. I haven't tried it myself since I'm still waiting for my phone, but Ricky D has.

On 2012-10-12 03:40:02, Ricky D wrote:
This should install Google in the accounts and sync (with all the calendar, contact etc syncing options), Google Play Store, Google Talk, and the Facebook syncing options for some of the Timescape stuff. The FB apps I don't use so I've not tested how well they are all working etc. The new album app is in there too because the Chinese one doesn't want to sync with Picasa or FB. If you don't install Phonesky.apk you won't get the Google market and wont be able to download other Google apps like Gmail, Streetview, etc.

Tell me what does or doesn't work.

There's also a hacked version of Google Maps that enables turn by turn directions for ALL countries. If you don't want that don't install Maps.apk.

The files are stolen from an Xperia T FW .303 and I've tested them on my .303 Chinese Xperia TX (Google 100% working).

Instructions (no root):
  1. Download these files to your sdcard
  2. Enable installing non-market apps in Settings>Security>Unknown sources
  3. Use any file browser to open and install the apps one by one

Doing it this way when you factory reset the phone from the settings it will wipe the google services also.

Instructions (root):
  1. OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED: back up your apps and data using something like Titanium Backup or smilar
  2. Download these files to your sdcard
  3. Enable installing non-market apps in Settings>Security>Unknown sources
  4. Use a root file browser to copy and paste the files to your system/app folder (backup any files that might need overwriting if you want)
  5. Change the permissions on the files to match the other apps in that folder
  6. Reboot the device

Doing it this way when you factory reset the phone from the settings it will NOT wipe the google services also, but updating the FW with SEUS or PCC may do so.

These files are in my personal dropbox and although I probably won't delete them any time soon I may replace them with files from a newer FW version in the future.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-10-12 02:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-13 21:58 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-14 01:49

On 2012-10-13 17:43:21, newnagasaki wrote:
Xperia T / TX experts, I need your help.

If I buy a Xperia TX from china, will I still be able to use google aps if I live in the USA? I heard that it may be blocked if I buy the Xperia TX from china due to their censorship and current relationship with Google.

Also will Xperia T firmware files work with Xperia TX?

Please I need a quick answer, I am pending a purchase right now but don't want to go through with it if I can't use google aps because it a chinese version of the Xperia TX and I might risk having google apps blocked even though I live in USA.

Hi there:), i may not help much in terms of giving you assurance that a chinese version will work well with all google services, but one advice (if you haven't gone through with your purchase yet) is to buy the Xperia TX/T from Taiwan. I bought mine from there and you can be assured the ones sold there are fully International version, fully unlocked and featured ones. This is the site i bought mine from if you are interested...even though its in chinese maybe google translate may help :S: http://buy.yahoo.com.tw/gdsale/gdsale.asp?gdid=3797886
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-14 02:38
To anyone worried about accidentally buying a Chinese TX.

I flashed mine with the Taiwan FW last night, it took 5 minutes and didn't need root or anything like that. Just flash tool and an ftf file from xda. No issues whatsoever.

@Big D I'm not sure what your post was trying to say. Are you offering me my own instructions?
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-14 02:42

On 2012-10-14 02:38:39, Ricky D wrote:
To anyone worried about accidentally buying a Chinese TX.

I flashed mine with the Taiwan FW last night, it took 5 minutes and didn't need root or anything like that. Just flash tool and an ftf file from xda. No issues whatsoever.

@Big D I'm not sure what your post was trying to say. Are you offering me my own instructions?

I thought it would help newnagasaki out somewhat.

btw, can you uplink the ftf file from xda that you mention?
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-14 01:55 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-14 03:19

On 2012-10-14 02:42:21, Big_D wrote:

I thought it would help newnagasaki out somewhat.

btw, can you uplink the ftf file from xda that you mention?

My apologies, my misunderstanding.

For those interested flashtool and the Taiwan FW ftf are what I used to flash my Chinese TX and have gapps preinstalled. I can do a more detailed instruction set if necessary.

The Taiwan FW does include a fair few regional specific apps, but with root these can be removed easily.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-10-14 02:25 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
ppmanguin
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2012-10-14 05:13
*** Regarding user reviews of variances in T/TX "poor lcd quality" :

A Chinese site claims that T/TX models have 2 versions of LCD depending on where your purchased:

1. Not from Sony direct (other retailers) "No Air Gap" - lower spec, warmer, lower viewing angles, lower contrast
2. From Sony direct --- "Opti-contrast" - higher spec, neutral color, higher viewing angles, higher contrast

To check what you have:
*#*#7378423#*#*>Service info>Software info>Touch Firmware Version
If A: No Air Gap, B: Opti-contrast

Can you guys check and confirm if this claim is legit?

So what's the deal here do you know guys know?

source: http://unwire.hk/2012/10/10/x[....]low-low-contrast/mobile-phone/
[ This Message was edited by: ppmanguin on 2012-10-14 04:18 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-14 06:19
@ppmanguin

My touch firmware version says 'b' but I don't know if this was something different before I changed my FW last night. It could be something that was in the FW or it could be a lower level driver if it there are actual hardware differences.

I think if the hardware is different the only sure way to know is to rip open two supposedly different TXs and check the component markings. But I only have one TX and I'm not at a stage where I'd be happy taking my screwdriver to it.

I can't imagine that Sony would keep different stock for themselves but rather it appears that way because they using a different batch currently. I can imagine that a different batch is using a slightly different component as it is fairly common place to have more than one supplier for a component. The quality ought tone the same though unless someone has slipped up in QA.

It could also be that an early batch had the inferior screens due to shortage of the later screens, but Sony launched with it anyway hoping that most people won't notice if 'most' are the better quality product and if anyone did notice they could be quietly be replaced with a later batch screen under the table. Again it's fairly common place to see early batches have issues that later batches don't.

Either way I'm more than happy with my screen quality, but maybe I have the version b screen (if there is such a difference).
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-10-14 07:48
That's quite plausible actually, which is why the T/TX were never marketed to feature OptiContrast panel like the V. So it maybe down to the fact that Sony has used the Opticontrast panel in a select few batches.
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-14 08:24
Hi guys, i checked my touchscreen firmware version and i have the A, which is to be expected as i bought my fone nearly two months before it officially hit the market. But i have to say, comparing to that article, i dont have the yellow or bad viewing angle problem. I can see every white word/icon clearly with rather high contrast even at very sharp viewing angles. So im not sure but this a/b configuration may not apply to the screen batches. At least not for me anyway
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-14 14:25
Anybody got an 'O'? We could start a blood bank.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-10-14 13:34 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
newnagasaki
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-14 16:29
Thanks guys for your help, was pretty nervous there.

@Alex, thanks for the website where you got your TX from. I did the conversion rate and it would cost me $2000 USD if I bought it from that website.

I was going to go through with the purchase of the TX from China, but then I found a USA website that is offering the Xperia T for $450, but it hasn't gone on sale yet. This is the cheapest I found of both the T and TX so I will just wait until they start selling it. Usually the prices I found are $550+. Hopefully is this week they will start selling it Ive already emailed them inqiuring about it. I need a phone bad, my SE w810 is dead and i'm stuck using my grandma's flip phone for the time being.
[ This Message was edited by: newnagasaki on 2012-10-14 15:31 ]
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-14 18:56
@newnagasaki, I wonder which retail are you using. I only could be able to find USA retailers on eBay.com with the cheapest listing as 629.00 USD. 450 USD is really a great price. do they carry the TX as well?
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-14 17:57 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 424344 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic