Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia T & TX thread

Previous  123 ... 414243 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
TickleMe
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-12 01:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi guys! I've been thinking of buying the Xperia T as my next phone. Sadly I live in Canada and cannot find a set release date, so I've searched and found that unlocked-mobiles and Clove UK offers sim free Xperia T phones. Are they reliable enough? Also, my question is, the charger that comes with it, do I have to buy an adapter for me to charge my phone here? Thanks!
[ This Message was edited by: TickleMe on 2012-10-12 00:23 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-10-12 02:43
Yes,both websites are reliable and I have used both. Unlocked-Mobiles actually has their warehouse in Birmingham where I live. Though I find them a little expensive. Clove are excellent have ordered from them twice
Phone?? What phone??
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-12 02:51
@TickleMe Do Canada providers differ much from USA providers? I ordered mine from eBay, which include several listings from North America, bid or Buy-it-now options. prices vary.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.htm[....]70.l1313&_nkw=lt30&_sacat=9355

this is the Black Xperia T, and the White one. from the same seller I ordered my LT29i Xperia T.

of course the other region version should be fine as long as it's unlocked. But from what Ricky D and Alexwu98 told me, the CHINA version have limited Google services.

and where you bought your phone, most sellers includes an adapter that's compatible with your region. talking from experience here, I bought several phones from overseas, Europe and Asia, and always come with an adapter.

hope this help.

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-12 03:40
This should install Google in the accounts and sync (with all the calendar, contact etc syncing options), Google Play Store, Google Talk, and the Facebook syncing options for some of the Timescape stuff. The FB apps I don't use so I've not tested how well they are all working etc. The new album app is in there too because the Chinese one doesn't want to sync with Picasa or FB. If you don't install Phonesky.apk you won't get the Google market and wont be able to download other Google apps like Gmail, Streetview, etc.

Tell me what does or doesn't work.

There's also a hacked version of Google Maps that enables turn by turn directions for ALL countries. If you don't want that don't install Maps.apk.

The files are stolen from an Xperia T FW .303 and I've tested them on my .303 Chinese Xperia TX (Google 100% working).

Instructions (no root):
  1. Download these files to your sdcard
  2. Enable installing non-market apps in Settings>Security>Unknown sources
  3. Use any file browser to open and install the apps one by one

Doing it this way when you factory reset the phone from the settings it will wipe the google services also.

Instructions (root):
  1. OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED: back up your apps and data using something like Titanium Backup or smilar
  2. Download these files to your sdcard
  3. Enable installing non-market apps in Settings>Security>Unknown sources
  4. Use a root file browser to copy and paste the files to your system/app folder (backup any files that might need overwriting if you want)
  5. Change the permissions on the files to match the other apps in that folder
  6. Reboot the device

Doing it this way when you factory reset the phone from the settings it will NOT wipe the google services also, but updating the FW with SEUS or PCC may do so.

These files are in my personal dropbox and although I probably won't delete them any time soon I may replace them with files from a newer FW version in the future.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-10-12 02:40 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-12 03:42

On 2012-10-12 02:51:06, Big_D wrote:
@TickleMe Do Canada providers differ much from USA providers? I ordered mine from eBay, which include several listings from North America, bid or Buy-it-now options. prices vary.

^ Big_D & TickleMe ... our providers pretty much mirror the USA providers in all networks except where bands are concerned.

Rogers (& Fido their sub-brand)/Telus (Koodo sub-brand) & Bell Mobility (Virgin co-brand) = AT&T(old Cingular)
HSPA+ is shared on both Telus/Bell across Canada but DC-HSPA is only on Telus nationwide.
(actually Rogers AT&T Wireless was Rogers Wireless former name via partnership).

Wind Mobile - HSPA on 1700/2100Mhz bands

CDMA = Telus/Bell Mobility is the same as Verizon.

LTE: here is where it gets a bit crazy, as I'm sure it is across the world.
Rogers - 700/2100/2600mhz (the latter very recently).
Telus/Bell - 1700/2100
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-12 04:14
Thank you. Ricky D. I haven't have a use for them yet, but hopefully I'll get my phone soon, then I'll see.

btw, one of my major concern on using it on my T-Mobile USA network is the MMS settings that mess up my MMS sent or received. for my Xperia Neo and the Vivaz pro, I needed to manually input it in. I spent many months searching and testing many I found online, and I finally found one that worked. Surprisingly, my x10 works fine without it.

This always get my worried whenever I buy an unlocked phone, which is nearly always. I never really like the T-Mobile phones, and since I had my first Xperia, the x10, I was totally hooked on the design and the wonderful UI (better than any other for me). the Xperia Neo was even better, but the MMS settings aggravated me endlessly.
I bought the T-Mobile HTC Amaze 4G, but didn't really like it, especially the inferior UI compared to Xperia's. So I'm happy to be switching back to Xperia after many long months. although I'm currently using my old Xperia x10, it's still 2.1 android and I can't update it. I can't wait for the new Xperia have to offer. my favorite widget is the "photo and videos" that you can scroll through all your photos and videos freely, something that can't be done on Samsung or HTC, there's no app for it on Google Play...

oh, sorry for the ranting. I just need to get it off my chest.
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-12 03:16 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-12 04:28
@Big D
It isn't the photo/video widget you were asking about but if you want to try opening the dropbox link I put up and see if the SemcAlbum app installs on your HTC. I'd be interested to see if it does or not. It might be made just to work on Sony phones but it won't harm to give it a try. That app is the stock photos and videos gallery app on the new Xperias.

As for the MMS settings, doesn't Sony have a settings download service on their website (SE used to)? Have you tried that?
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-10-12 04:55
Thanks Alex

And true, Sony definitely has the most stylish phones, and the fact that they bring out phones in pink as well must make it irresistible for you to NOT buy a Sony Xperia

Really nice to see a girl who loves phones. I hope you remain active here on esato. Also you can check out the rumors thread if you want to know more about future Sony devices.
TickleMe
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-12 05:11
@Bonovox & Big D:
Thanks for the information! Just placed my order on Clove UK
Can't wait for it to arrive!
denous
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-12 09:32
I am agonizing in Which mobile phones i should purchase,HTC ones or Sony Xperia S.
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-12 09:53

On 2012-10-12 09:32:09, denous wrote:
I am agonizing in Which mobile phones i should purchase,HTC ones or Sony Xperia S.

Hi there, welcome to this forum:). I have owned phones from both brands, HTC Desire HD and also the Sony Xperia S. If you like a very fancy UI that may be more user friendly (debatable), the HTC Sense UI is really quite attractive. The HTC One S is definitely much faster with its S4 Krait CPU. But if your emphasis is on camera quality as well as aesthetics, i personally think Xperia S looks better. Beware not to buy older stocked Xperia S as they have a yellow tinge problem with the display.
[ This Message was edited by: alexwu98 on 2012-10-12 08:56 ]
blackvodka
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-12 10:00
@alexwu98 could you share some impressions on the Tx and some comparison with your previous S? Is it worth upgrading from S to Tx? I'm still thinking, though, for my XS suits me quite well
And please show us some pics by the main camera, I really do hope the new sensor is better than the S's one
loving my white Xperia S and Xperia Tablet S )
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-12 10:53

On 2012-10-12 10:00:37, blackvodka wrote:
@alexwu98 could you share some impressions on the Tx and some comparison with your previous S? Is it worth upgrading from S to Tx? I'm still thinking, though, for my XS suits me quite well
And please show us some pics by the main camera, I really do hope the new sensor is better than the S's one

@blackvodka

From what i have noticed so far, the screen quality between the TX and the S is not significantly different. Both are 720x1280 display, although since the TX has a much larger screen, its ppi is actually a little lower than the S. But to be honest..in actual use i see no real difference between the two screens in terms of quality, both are very sharp albeit the slightly poor viewing angles. I still prefer the TX's screen due to its larger size which makes it easier for everything.
In terms of the camera, both are extremely good but the Xperia TX does show slightly more detail when zooming and also abit less noise in darker shots...but you can't say its a ground breaking difference. But the two things that really make me like the TX more than the S is that it really is much faster..S3 compared to S4 Krait has a very noticeable difference. Same apps load at twice the speed of the S in many cases and doesnt heat up as bad, UI is much smoother than ICS xperia S. Its faster than the HTC One X and that says alot. Also, the design of the TX was enough to win me over, i still love the arc shape, which reminded me of the Arc S i had a while ago, and it is so much thinner than the S. Depending if you are a power user, and your choice of style, the TX could be a worthy upgrade. If you don't usually run intensive apps, then you will notice little difference between the TX and the S except the looks.
I'll see if i can find my Xperia S and post a few photos to compare sometime soon. If you have specific functions that you like to compare/ask, it might make it easier for me to answer you

Here's a pic from the TX main camera. This one is only 10 MP but its size is 4.57 Mb already (hopefully it wasnt compressed when uploaded) I'll post up a 13MP one if you are interested
http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewphotos.php?pid=62392
[ This Message was edited by: alexwu98 on 2012-10-12 10:01 ]
blackvodka
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-12 13:11
@alexwu98
Thanks much for the answer, it's quite tempting this beauty, I do love the arc shape, too.. and pink color does look amazing, but once I'm a guy, then my choice should be black or white, though
Or maybe, the silver version.. is there anything like this? I don't remember exactly if T or Tx has a silver option
For now I'm not running heavy apps on my S, but I do use MANY apps at the same time.. which may make the S to slow down from time to time.. so with the Tx I must be happier? so hard to decide
The pic is lovely, but your hands did shake a bit.. so I'd love to see a pic with image stabilization on, I did notice the difference on my S, sometime it can be quite handy, this stabilization stuff
loving my white Xperia S and Xperia Tablet S )
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-12 19:04

On 2012-10-12 04:28:53, Ricky D wrote:
@Big D
It isn't the photo/video widget you were asking about but if you want to try opening the dropbox link I put up and see if the SemcAlbum app installs on your HTC. I'd be interested to see if it does or not. It might be made just to work on Sony phones but it won't harm to give it a try. That app is the stock photos and videos gallery app on the new Xperias.

As for the MMS settings, doesn't Sony have a settings download service on their website (SE used to)? Have you tried that?

I already sold my HTC Amaze 4G in anticipation for the Xperia T/TX, so I couldn't test it out like you wanted.

As for the MMS settings, yes, there is that options in Settings -> Sony Ericsson -> Settings Download -> T-Mobile. it downloaded a T-Mobile GPRS under APNs for my Xperia Neo and Vivaz Pro, but it never worked.

I hope I won't have the same problem with the Xperia TX LT29i, or the Xperia T LT30p.

btw, to Xperia T/TX owners, had any of you claim your free 50Gb of Storage from Box yet? Is it really true?
that would've been great if there is no catch... I could really use that.
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-12 18:15 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 414243 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic