Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia T & TX thread

Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-31 04:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
so the T's LTE version will be picked up by AT&T in the US? does anybody know if this is for sure? I _THINK_ i'm up for an upgrade soon and i'd happily pick one up for a subsidized price and then flash it to a generic firmware

I actually wanted the V, but it simply does not support AT&T frequencies.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-31 04:54

On 2012-08-31 03:14:48, NightBlade wrote:
Sorry about that. The ones on the left /at the top are pics of the T. I grouped similar pictures of them in pairs so you guys can compare them.
[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2012-08-31 02:19 ]

Thank you for clarifying NightBlade much appreciated, along with the side by side pics good thinking ahead!

Looks like my preferred design IS the TX . I think we need a :Sony: tag to replace or coexist with the tag.

@Moogoo,

At this early stage I think it's doubtful that AT&T would get the TX because beyond the CPU, ram and slightly different design, it doesn't offer much for most US citizens to see why spending another $100-150 on contract more for it beyond the Xperia Ion. One or the other would corrupt sales and its possible that since Sony made that device specifically for AT&T, that deal may have a certain length of commitment by AT&T to keep it to cover Sony's sales. That said keep an eye on Rogers Wireless in Canada if they make an announcement because AT&T have a similar arrangement.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-31 04:58
@hardened i only ask because i've read numerous news posts about LT30p and LT30at, the latter being an LTE enabled Xperia T that might be picked up by AT&T. I agree, picking up the T now would kill Ion sales, but sales are sales. Both phones are sony and the T is a much better bang for the buck at $100 with contract. Definitely more attractive to new and existing customers than the Ion.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 05:08
@moogoo

This is from Spectre51 at XDA. He always has accurate info on AT&T phones.

Okay just got some info. Sony will not sell the Xperia T in the US unlocked due to exclusive agreement with AT&T (just like they did with the ion). The Xperia T through AT&T will have LTE (checking to see what model number CPU is used). Should be available first week of Nov, perhaps when Daylight savings ends.

Another 2 months of waiting.
[ This Message was edited by: DACHA on 2012-08-31 04:31 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-31 05:14
@Dacha ah.. thanks for the info. you going with the T too then?
moogoo
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 05:30
^^
No other options
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-31 05:33
haha so true. you could always go for something older and much cheaper and wait for the 2013 line up
moogoo
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 05:43
If something good is announced in March it will take until June or July to be available in the US market.
On top of that LTE bands are a total mess. 3G was a totally different story and it was much easier to import a phone.
Those days are over now.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-31 05:50

On 2012-08-31 05:08:40, DACHA wrote:
@moogoo

This is from Spectre51 at XDA. He always has accurate info on AT&T phones.

Okay just got some info. Sony will not sell the Xperia T in the US unlocked due to exclusive agreement with AT&T (just like they did with the ion). The Xperia T through AT&T will have LTE (checking to see what model number CPU is used). Should be available first week of Nov, perhaps when Daylight savings ends.

Another 2 months of waiting.
[ This Message was edited by: DACHA on 2012-08-31 04:31 ]

everything in that post contradicts itself: first says Sony will NOT sell the Xperia T in the US unlocked ... then Xperia T through AT&T having LTE (i.e. TX model). Unless unlocked is not chosen then Sony WILL sell on contract with AT&T. Sony, SonyEricsson, and Ericsson have not traditionally sold phones UNLOCKED in Canada/USA for over 9yrs.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 06:07
It's quite boring story as keep feeding these greedy spec
that's never seem satisfy current market's offer and still keep trolling other.

Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 is not true Cortex-A15 is borrow some part of it.
You do think ARM will allow Qualcomm to stay single ahead of competition?
wait and see the real one, OMAP 5 if TI still want to sell
or Samsung Exynos 5 Dual will rock next year.

Anyway, Great hardware but never have fine tuners IS USELESS
Sony has proved it with the Xperia T recently benchmark.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-31 06:14

On 2012-08-31 05:30:39, DACHA wrote:
^^
No other options

odd how Xperia V is the ONLY model confirmed to have Bluetooth 4.0 = lots of power saving. But with VGA front camera recording/video chat?!! WT ... F!! A LTEdevice withVGA camera? Whyyyyyyyyy.

TX then if not then Xperia SL will do until late 2013.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-31 06:30
@Hardened there is no contradiction. if the info is correct, Sony will not sell the Xperia T unlocked (i.e., from a sony style store) but it will sell the Xperia T locked and with contract through AT&T.

Sony/SE have sold plenty of phones unlocked in the US through sony style stores and online. They just don't always offer every model they have released worldwide but only choose to sell certain models for some reason. For example, right now you can buy the Xperia U, P, S all unlocked on sony style website/store and from other retailers such as newegg.

Also, the difference between T and TX is just LTE. T is supposed to have its own LTE version (Lt30at, if i'm not mistaken). TX is for Asian LTE and other markets that have similar LTE bands.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2012-08-31 05:33 ]
moogoo
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 07:58

On 2012-08-31 02:09:38, Hardened wrote:

On 2012-08-30 21:31:15, Tsepz_GP wrote:

(edited)

PS. who ever said a Xperia S is faster than a GS3 cant be taken seriously, there's a reason why GS3 is still the benchmark, and it plus GS2/GNote and GNexus are the only Androids worth giving iPhone and WP a run for their money in speed and fluidity up til now.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2012-08-30 20:37 ]

That's why I believe someone you're referring to mentioned real-world usage. Specs don't mean junk if the OS is buggy, apps are buggy or the systems connection to onboard/external storage is buggy. As the old addage in cars is said "A car is ONLY as fast as how heavy your right foot is" ... the same is true in electronics "a devices top specs is ONLY as good as its user UI & user performance when using it". THIS is where Sony's optimization comes into full effect.

Now does ANYONE know WHICH pictures is the "T" or the "TX" listed on the front page of this thread?
One model has a flap which I'm not liking in design too much, the other does not. Now I also need to decide if the Xperia V will suit my needs (water resistance is a serious plus, but no camera button and no mention of dedicated volume key shutter activation especially when screen is off is not good for me).

Lastly I'm concerned about Sony's direction with DNLA and the Miracast using an accessory - sounds TOO similar to AppleTV2/3 for iOS devices. At least with those I can do something without the phone, but with Sony's accessory it serves a single purpose ??

PS: I LOVE Sony's NFC/BT portable speakers!!!

Im also talking about the real world experience, and i can tell you flat out that the Xperia S even compared to a GS2 let alone a GS3 isn't that fast especially on Android4.0.4, NOWHERE did i mention specs being the only thing that mattered. Samsung so far have proven to be the only Android OEM capable of making an Android UI thats consistently fast and fluid and comparable to iPhone and WP.

Mediar
Ah, i thought as much, the difference in those benchmarks is tiny. Interesting part is that the GS3 is a A9 Cortex Quad Core with the same GPU as GS2, yet the newer S4 Krait which is more like A15 Cortex hasnt blown the GS3 away in the benchmarks with a great gap, will be interesting to see how the Exynos 5 based on A15 compares to the newer S4 Pro found in the LG Optimus G, the normal S4 in these new Xperias seems to be more of a stop-gap.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 14:18
GS3 ui is definitely smooth and Doesnt lag or stutter. But its NOT FAST. Comparing it face to face with Htc one x, htc desire, xperia s and xperia pro, Its the slowest to do basic activities. Such as launching dialer, messaging etc. Samsung still needs to improve the speed of their ui. Htc is imo, the best in the UI and that is visible when using the one x . About sony, well they are fast in the beginning but start lagging, the screen refreshes every time you press home screen etc.. If these are fixed then it would be like the best experience for me. Especially with their new walkman and album ui.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 14:37
Thats what im talking about Djin, a consistently fluid UI, although the Xperia Ss ive used have not been as fast as the GS3s, GNote and S2s ive had a go at.

I totally agree, visually, HTC have by far the best UI, and Sense4 is a stunner, i was so sure i was going to get a Sensation XE late last year as its design and SenseUI looked better than the S2 and TW4, unfortunetly the XE had many issues, no availability down here and Sense also tends to bog it down over time.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic