Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-10 04:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-10-10 03:27:12, Hardened wrote:

On 2012-10-09 05:46:42, alexwu98 wrote:
Hi guys, i have just got my Xperia TX international version, so if anyone has any questions on any aspect of an Xperia TX, i can try to answer them:)

Alexwu98,
Forgive the other members manners as their just jumping in to help you immediately. Welcome to the ESATO forums! Stick around for a while and enjoy. Share & take information however you like. Post reviews etc ... even laugh at the squabbling we all do as its nothing personal.

Cheers.

Guys,

What Countries will get the Xperia TX ? I have no clear confirmation of this, and Sony's Canadian site - like SE's before it is never an accurate indication.

Hey Hardened:)
Thanks for the warm welcome, ive been trying to answer some questions that i was asked but unfortunately as im a newbie, im limited to 3 posts a day only so i've just been answering what i can via private messages:). And im not at all mindful of people asking as we are all here to try help each other and share things haha.
oh and from what i know so far, the current countries that TX is now definitely available are Taiwan, China,HK, most asian countries, Germany, Spain?
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-10-10 07:36
@alexwu98
Welcome to the forums dude

@Hardened + @alexwu98
In Middle East and North Africa the TX will be available in all countries except Morroco which will get the T, along with South Africa... So I'll be getting the TX also when it arrives

When it arrives
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-10 09:39
Just wondering what the owner's of TX got for Quadrant benchmarks? Mine seems to be lower than the claimed "5774" claimed by GSMarena and others before launch...Did Sony make any adjustments that lowered the score somehow..?

Nenamark 2 was maxed out as expected though

[ This Message was edited by: alexwu98 on 2012-10-10 08:41 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-10 12:07
@alexwu98

My TX got 4848 in quadrant and 60.1 in nenamark.

Maybe there's some configuration that will help maximise the performance, but I don't really care for benchmarks anyway.

..and please excuse me forgetting my manners, welcome to esato!
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-10 13:14
Just thought i'd share some hands on photos of a my pink TX(because i'm a girl haha) .

justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-10-10 13:22
Wow, that looks awesome! Wish i was a girl to buy me a ink one too!

How are you enjoying it so far? Cant wait until it appears on Amazon!
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-10-10 14:02
@alexwu98,

Very nice, I'm still searching for white TX hands-on pics
While buying your pinky XT, did you find any White ?
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-10 14:08
just a question. Since the Xperia GX sold in Japan is the same as the Xperia TX, I'm assuming all accessories are compatible, yes?
btw, I found a Intl version of the TX selling right here in USA, hopefully I can get it soon. I'm liking the White one over the Black.

and is the Xperia TX dock on sale anywhere? can't seem to find it anywhere on sale, even on the Sony store? when will it release, or maybe it already is and I just can't find it on ebay or amazon?

and thanks to alexwu98 for answering my question, I didn't know there was a limited post for new members and Welcome to Esato!

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
mariozlp
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-10 14:51
it looks good !! and looks way to big in girls hands, lol.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-10-10 15:05
@Big_D,

Yeap these are just the same, except where the NFC is, Japan has their own standard called Osaifu-Keitai in exactly the same place where the NFC is... so cases might have different label only in that place ( if they have a label actually )

but everything else are the same...

but what matters is... Which website offer these accessories with worldwide shipping

If you know some.. can you lighten us

EDIT : I took a round in ebay and I found it full with different accessories from screen protectors to batteries and covers and even the MHL adapter, tripod and the lovely dock from one seller...
[ This Message was edited by: Xajel on 2012-10-10 14:16 ]
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-11 01:56
good to know, thanks Xajel.

on another note, I recently just ordered the Xperia TX LT29i White on eBay, sold from my region, USA. I contacted the seller and they said it could either be UK or HK version. now is there any limits on Google service on the HK? Alexwu98 inform me that the China FW does.

for future reference, if I did indeed get the phone with a FW/version I did not like, would I be able to change it outright? flashing or loading a FW, etc? is it possible and had anyone already been doing that?

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-11 02:55
@Big_D It is possible and not too difficult. I'm planning on doing mine in the next couple weeks. HK version FW shouldn't have any issues. But if it does and you don't want to flash your FW I can send you the correct Google services apks. PM me your email if you want them anyway.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-11 02:56
@justus333, i actually enjoy it very much. I used to own an SE Arc S, and compared to the Arc S, the TX really is a measurable step up in terms of quality and aesthetics. Not to mention up to 3 times faster (the Arc S was really very slow actually). Everything in the UI was very smooth with no lags as expected with the S4 Krait Love it;-)

@Xajel, Thanks and yes actually! i had the white one for a few days and it was very stunning. In fact, the only reason why i changed to pink was because too many people were using the white TX in Taiwan. As a matter of fact, i saw 2 other people using the white TX on the same bus i was on one day . But the white one really is a stunner

@mariozlp, thanks but it actually fits my hand quite well despite been so big due to its thinness and soft-touch back

@Big D, I think the HK version should have full Google services... but even if you get a FW/ version you didn't like, yes i think you can change it. As a matter of fact, Ricky D was wanting my customization build to flash his TX from China..so i suppose it is possible to flash it. I'll try provide the build once i have a Win7 computer at hand, im travelling atm

There has also been a small update already from sony, from .303 to .307. Glad to see they are improving from yester-years poor update service
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-10-11 09:28
@Big_D,
Very nice, I hope it will reach the region quickly, I jsut can't wait more...

@alexwu98,
Wow, this chilling, I had a feeling that we won't have the White as the local dealer normally only bring one color...
Regarding the speed, as the TX is 3 times faster than Arc S so I suppose it will be 4 times faster than my Arc
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-11 12:19
So far, the TX is great although one drawback is the battery life...i am getting about 23 hours with average use...hopefully the battery life will become longer after a few charge cycles

Also, i haven't seen many people posting sample pictures of the front camera..so for those who are interested in the 1.3MP camera in the front, i have attached one. In good lighting they are very nice although lacking in detail, but indoors, noise levels become quite bad...

XPERIA TX LT29i Front Cam Sample:

Original
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 394041 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic