Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-30 01:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Big_D
It appears WiFi calling is enabled via an app on T-Mobile phones is that right? Anyway I had a look around and found there are alternatives. Or with a little bit of experience (or help) you can find a mod with the WiFi Calling app ported to it and steal the relevant files, copy them to your handset and see if it works, you will need root access and a root file manager. Do you have a spare android phone to test it? Unfortunately I can't give it a run for you as I'm not on T-Mobile with wifi calling in my plan. I'm not even in the US.

@Xajel
The Xperia logo on TX glows when the screen is on; it initially glows a bright white then fades down to a mild white glow. It only glows in white. What's cool is that when it's not lowing it has the same silvered reflective finish as the Sony logo at the top and looks perfectly natural. I would have thought that because there was an LED behind there somewhere it'd be inset or look different in some way, but it's an very good detail.

@worf and @doministry
I think you're both overreacting to thejosetree here. He has come in with genuine concerns that his handset might be faulty or even just wrong and you're both treating him like he's trashing the thread. He wants a helping hand a bit of advice. Perhaps you've misunderstood each other in which case say sorry there has been a misunderstanding a move on. Surely you're bigger men than name calling and snide comments. Let's not turn this thread into the same page after page of arguments that the Rumours thread becomes on occasion.

@thejosetree
I can't test my handset against an Xperia S or Ion unfortunately so there is no comparative test I can do to see if the TX screen is different to what you have. Also, we have no conclusive information to say that T and TX even are supposed to have the same screen. Maybe you can follow up the IMEI to see if it is right or find out if your phone is red or brown (do they still use red/brown categorisation?). eBay can be a sketchy place to buy things. You could very well have odd or grey market stock.

@bronxdude
I'll put up a few more shots taken by TX. In terms of music capabilities, the audio quality seems better than Arc. I listen to music when in the car, I have a good quality 3.5mm cable into the auxiliary input. Arc sound quality was listen-able, but TX is enjoyable. Highs are crisp and bass is palpable (by comparison to Arc), but very slightly quieter than Arc for some reason, I have to turn the stereo to 18/19 instead of 16/17. I've not fiddled with the EQ yet so it's on whatever the default is. One thing I am frustrated by is that Google Music for some reason is only reading the internal storage but I have about 10GB music on my microSD and now 9GB free on the internal. I could ask Google Music to stream from my cloud storage instead but my data plan's MBs are precious to me. I'm thinking of maybe moving my playlists only to the internal storage but modifying them to point to the files on the external microSD or just sticking with the Walkman app which plays from both sources.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2012-09-30 02:16
CHECK THIS!!! TX VS T!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl-j2YzAjFo&hd=1

SAME SCREEN IMO...

----
ARE YOU JEALOUS? THIS LUCKY BASTERD GOT ALL! CHECK THE END
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjCjB9uXRVA&hd=1
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2012-09-30 01:21 ]
rycexboi
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2012-09-30 02:22
No, that post has been up for like almost a month. If you really want to get it now, you gotta ordered from UK. I ordered mine from clove uk and it's already been ship. But I think as of now they are out of stock.

On 2012-09-29 21:41:30, Big_D wrote:
I found the Xperia T on sale on eBay.com. from a US seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-[....]ell_Phones&hash=item337bb66370

It's currently pre-sale, The release date is in Mid-October. would that means it's also Xperia T US official release date?

I'm much more interested in buy it unlocked, non-branded from carrier if possible, if AT&T or T-Mobile decided to carry it.
however I do like some features like Wifi calling my T-mobile plan. If I did buy it unlocked, Sim-Free, would I be able to add carrier-specific app/service into it later?

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-09-30 02:53
Can the Xperia logo be used as notifications light?? If not then Sony had missed a trick here.
Phone?? What phone??
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-30 03:53
The Xperia logo can't be used as a notification light without a serious bit of hacking probably and even then it'd just be one colour. I think the Xperia logo lighting up is really classy the way it is. Perhaps in future junior/fashion models they can light it up in different colours like the transparent strip in the NXT series lights in different colours on one of the fashion models.

In the T vs TX video above the T looks tighter and more compact width-wise than TX. It looks to me like they use the same screen.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2012-09-30 04:17

On 2012-09-30 01:53:11, Ricky D wrote:

@bronxdude
I'll put up a few more shots taken by TX. In terms of music capabilities, the audio quality seems better than Arc. I listen to music when in the car, I have a good quality 3.5mm cable into the auxiliary input. Arc sound quality was listen-able, but TX is enjoyable. Highs are crisp and bass is palpable (by comparison to Arc), but very slightly quieter than Arc for some reason, I have to turn the stereo to 18/19 instead of 16/17. I've not fiddled with the EQ yet so it's on whatever the default is. One thing I am frustrated by is that Google Music for some reason is only reading the internal storage but I have about 10GB music on my microSD and now 9GB free on the internal. I could ask Google Music to stream from my cloud storage instead but my data plan's MBs are precious to me. I'm thinking of maybe moving my playlists only to the internal storage but modifying them to point to the files on the external microSD or just sticking with the Walkman app which plays from both sources.

@Ricky D
i mainly use my MW600 with hpm-77 to play music from my phone and i have them on my SD card too. works well. when you make a review mate, can you please include the various settings of the EQ? My music are mostly dance, eurodance, and more jlo. - dance again, goin' in and on the floor.

thanks
[ This Message was edited by: bronxdude on 2012-09-30 03:41 ]
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2012-09-30 04:40
double post
[ This Message was edited by: bronxdude on 2012-09-30 03:41 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-09-30 09:44

On 2012-09-30 01:53:11, Ricky D wrote:
@Xajel
The Xperia logo on TX glows when the screen is on; it initially glows a bright white then fades down to a mild white glow. It only glows in white. What's cool is that when it's not lowing it has the same silvered reflective finish as the Sony logo at the top and looks perfectly natural. I would have thought that because there was an LED behind there somewhere it'd be inset or look different in some way, but it's an very good detail.

Aaha, I hoped it was multi colored so it can be used as a notification LED as well, but if Sony will provide and API ( like how they did with Xperia S, U for example ) I think developers will easily make an app that will utilize it as a notification...

There's an app already for Xperia S & U, Xperia J has a very nice glow LED
Detox
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-09-30 11:30
Cheers Ricky D for your design comment and thank you for your contributions to the thread as well ! I am glad to hear the opinion of an actual owner compared to me, because of course as an owner you can see things more critical than observers .
Phones:
W800i | K800i | K850i | W902 | Xperia S | Xperia Z1 Compact | Xperia Z5 Compact | Xperia XZ1 Compact
Firmwares:
R1AA008 | R1CB001 | R1EA031 | R3EA037 | 6.2.B.1.96 | 14.4.A.0.157 | 32.4.A.1.54 | 47.2.A.11.228
thejosetree
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-09-30 12:00
Thanks rickyD!

my screen looks identical to the videos posted by king james, it's in games and videos where is the problem, what makes me think that it's not a faulty screen but simply Sony has made the screen with a gamma value too high.
xenia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-09-30 12:31

On 2012-09-30 02:16:45, king-james wrote:
CHECK THIS!!! TX VS T!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl-j2YzAjFo&hd=1

SAME SCREEN IMO...

----
ARE YOU JEALOUS? THIS LUCKY BASTERD GOT ALL! CHECK THE END
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjCjB9uXRVA&hd=1
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2012-09-30 01:21 ]

I`m already posted this several pages ago. And from what i saw it has different screens.
again

[ This Message was edited by: xenia on 2012-09-30 11:33 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-09-30 13:40
@Ricky D on my Xperia Miro the LED light at the bottom is also not notification light only for integrated Face Book. But if I use the Illumination Light app it works even though my device is not listed in the app. All that's listed is Xperia S & U. But if you download that Illumination Light app it might work for your T Xperia Logo. Try it
Phone?? What phone??
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-30 13:44
It does look in that photo that the screens are different. Mobiltelefon.ru could have an earlier sample T and later sample TX there though, it still makes me think that maybe there is a problem with @thejosetree's T if he is getting weird viewing angle issues.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
rycexboi
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2012-09-30 14:07
Does the Xperia on the T light up also?
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2012-09-30 14:10