Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia T & TX thread

Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-05-16 18:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
FMW300,
Did you try holding it for like 10-15 seconds? I have a linksys x3000 and I get good signal but still it happens.. Also I use sygic and it gets very hot initially but then it cools down. However, sygic is not at all optimized for on screen soft buttons. So its kind of annoying to use it. I think wisepilot has the best maps(navteq) but its tied to one device only.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
alexslane
Xperia Play Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-05-18 10:04
I'm using tomtom Europe on mine and don't have any problems at all. But as you guys said waze made the phone get really hot indeed.
Bronze trusted Trader ! <br />HTC Wildfire S
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 14:33
My phone's ear speaker and proximity sensor stopped working again! last time, it got resolved after a software update(conveniently it was the same day).. but I dont want to resort to factory reset at this time... Any ideas?
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-05-22 15:52
Have you tried a soft reset? Press and hold the power and volume up button until it vibrates once and restarts, it may help
Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 19:58
I tried it several times but didnt help me .. I am letting my phone get completely discharged and then will try again..

Update: Started working after completely discharging it.
[ This Message was edited by: djin on 2013-05-24 17:39 ]
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-06-02 12:17

On 2013-04-08 01:29:34, ofiaich wrote:
My latest acquisition from Japan...

Ofiaich...
[ This Message was edited by: ofiaich on 2013-04-08 00:42 ]

I almost ended up buying this speaker, but when I tried it, it was kinda disappointing. The bass was flat and the overall volume was average . In comparison, my old MBS-100 was much louder and the bass sounded better. But I may still get it, as I lost the charger for mbs100..
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2013-06-07 04:40
I recently updated the firmware of the Xperia TX LT29i, Build number 9.1.B.1.67. But I can't find any info and the fixes and updates for this. Anyone knows?

One thing I noticed is that the battery dies sooner, but it may just be my replacement batteries.

btw, is there a way to install STAMINA MODE to Xperia TX?
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2013-06-07 03:44 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-08 02:06
Hey Big_D,

I think the Stamina mode as it is found in Xperia Z is being worked on as a port to all 2012 Xperias. But I don't think it is ready yet. The JB FW for TX does already have a watered down version of stamina mode. Check the progress here.

You shouldn't need bootloader unlocking but you will need root and a good root access file explorer.

I don't think there is a comprehensive or official change list for the JB FW. It comes with all the Jelly Bean updates like Google Now and 60fps faster interface (project butter) etc and Sony have added support for changing the number of homescreens in stock launcher as well as the aforementioned watered-down stamina mode. You should have actions attached to notifications e.g. can archive an email without opening gmail or have media controls in the media player notification place holder for prev next and play/pause.

You can expand or contract notification with a two-finger swipe up or down (if the app is built to allow it's notifications to do so, try GMail, Google Play Music, Google Now cards).

That's all I can think of in terms of major interface changes, there are obviously bug fixes and probably new bugs too, I don't know any.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-06-12 20:53
Guys, I'm having some troubles updating my T to the newest build. I'm following the PC Suite/Update service instructions but whenever I get to pressing the volume down button and connecting the phone (that is switched off), neither my PC nor my phone respond.

I updated an XS just fine now via the PC suite and it didn't even ask me to manually reconnect the phone using the volume button. Could this be a driver issue?
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-12 20:59

On 2013-06-12 20:53:49, NightBlade wrote:
Guys, I'm having some troubles updating my T to the newest build. I'm following the PC Suite/Update service instructions but whenever I get to pressing the volume down button and connecting the phone (that is switched off), neither my PC nor my phone respond.

I updated an XS just fine now via the PC suite and it didn't even ask me to manually reconnect the phone using the volume button. Could this be a driver issue?

Have you tried updating with your phone switched on through pcc ? When ever I've updated via pcc I've never turned my phone off, I just connect it to the laptop, let it check for updates and then run the update, pcc then turns my phone off during the update process.
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-06-12 23:40
Yeah that's how I did it, but when the phone switches off the program asks me to, reconnect it manually. This wasn't the case with the S I updated today. It looks like the pc can't detect the phone when it's turned off...
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-13 00:06
Have you tried restarting your phone and pc?
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-06-13 01:11
Yeah, tried restarting the phone several times to no avail. I haven't restarted the PC, but I doubt that would solve it, since everything went okay with the XS...
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-13 02:11
It is a driver issue. Try downloading this:

1. Download this from my personal Google Drive
  2. Close PCC (including from the system tray)
  3. Run the download
  4. Turn off your phone, hold volume down and connect to the PC
  5. Keep hold, Windows should pick it up and install drivers
  6. When the drivers are finished installing disconnect
  7. Start PCC and try the update process again following on-screen instructions
  8. Come back here and tell us if it worked so I can take the download out of my Google Drive
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-06-13 09:08

On 2013-06-13 02:11:50, Ricky D wrote:
It is a driver issue. Try downloading this:

1. Download this from my personal Google Drive
  2. Close PCC (including from the system tray)
  3. Run the download
  4. Turn off your phone, hold volume down and connect to the PC
  5. Keep hold, Windows should pick it up and install drivers
  6. When the drivers are finished installing disconnect
  7. Start PCC and try the update process again following on-screen instructions
  8. Come back here and tell us if it worked so I can take the download out of my Google Drive

Shall I select one of the drivers to install as well? Because just running the app and connecting the phone yields no response on either side.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic