Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia T & TX thread

Previous  123 ... 125126127 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
alexslane
Xperia Play Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-23 02:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Would we gain anything by going back to the UK version del?
I'm happy with what I have but like to keep it as close as I can to stock if I can?
Baseband maybe?
I'm using the one with the firmware that was on XDA.
And if I do that what an I gaining with baseband?
Chris.
Bronze trusted Trader ! <br />HTC Wildfire S
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-23 07:55

On 2013-04-23 02:50:00, alexslane wrote:
Would we gain anything by going back to the UK version del?

I'm happy with what I have but like to keep it as close as I can to stock if I can?

Baseband maybe?

I'm using the one with the firmware that was on XDA.

And if I do that what an I gaining with baseband?

Chris.

Hi mate, tbh I'm not sure what we gain by just flashing the baseband, but once an ftf is available I think I'll give it a go just to see if it's as good as this one, let's face it if it's not I can just flash back
Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
alexslane
Xperia Play Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-23 08:17
That's what I was thinking to be honest mate.
Hopefully it will be identical. Also apparently I was looking on the xda site and it seems that there is going to to be a .141 coming out very soon.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-23 09:10
If you're using stock FWs then you should stick with the baseband that came with that FW. They will be designed to work with each other. Flashing different basebands comes into play if you're using custom ROMs that were built around different basebands or if you really want to use a modified baseband. The baseband is not specific to a region so that also won't be an issue.

When it comes to gaining anything from having the FW for your region the only thing to gain are the region specific add-on apps. e.g. the Middle East FW has an Arabic language app market, the Chinese FW has Baidu built-in instead of Google etc. In the UK Sony used to preload the iPlayer app and the Champions League app. The stock applications are standardised and won't be any different no matter which region FW you flash (with the exception of Chinese FWs which don't have ANY of the Google apps installed, not even the Play Store).
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-23 10:13
Ah thanks @Ricky D, I thought so but wasn't quite sure about the radio frequencies between different regions ect, but so far this central European firmware I'm using from xda is working well
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-23 13:31

On 2013-04-23 10:13:19, Del wrote:
Ah thanks @Ricky D, I thought so but wasn't quite sure about the radio frequencies between different regions ect, but so far this central European firmware I'm using from xda is working well

The frequencies for all the handsets outside of Japan and the US should be the same. In any case that is hardware specific and isn't dictated by the baseband.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-04-23 13:35
Got my update (UK) last nite! Hope there's some improvement, esp in battery life. I never had that walkman bug issue though.
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 11:33
I've been looking for software changes in he latest update and I think there might be a couple but I'm not sure whether they were there before.

1. Can anyone who hasn't updated to the very latest confirm whether there was a 'Blink Mode' in the faceunlock feature?
2. Swiping up from the bottom bar on the screen launches Google Now.

Are these new?

I'm running 91.A.140
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2013-04-28 10:33 ]
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-28 12:48
@goldenface No 2 has always been there in jellybean but I'm not sure about No 1 as I never use face unlock.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 12:51
Thanks Del. Now I'm wondering what other shortcuts and features I've not discovered.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 18:04
@goldenface,
Face unlocking with blink was there with ics itself . There is nothing new in this update IMO and I guess the next update will bring stamina mode for T.

Also, my wifi keeps disconnecting every now and then with this update. Any one else experienced this?
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 18:19

On 2013-04-28 18:04:33, djin wrote:
@goldenface,
Face unlocking with blink was there with ics itself . There is nothing new in this update IMO and I guess the next update will bring stamina mode for T.

Also, my wifi keeps disconnecting every now and then with this update. Any one else experienced this?

Thanks.

It's actually improved my wi-fi.
alexslane
Xperia Play Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-29 08:59
Yep my Wi-Fi seem to be a lot better as well and yep swiping from the bottom does bring up Google now.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-04-29 09:05
Its being wierd for me then.. Sometimes when I am right next to the router my phone will show poor connection while xperia GO will have full conneciton :S. Several times it does not even connect unless I manually switch off the wifi and then turn it back on in my phone. There is a newer firmware which just got certified and I hope that fixes the issue for me.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-04-29 21:40
Before the last update, I was having a wifi issue. I would usually have Location-based wifi on, so when I reach home, it wifi would switch on, from mobile data, but be off during the day when I'm at work/out etc. But since a couple weeks now, the wifi kept staying on, even when I turn it off many times during the day, it would turn back on. After the last update .140, it started back to work properly

Also, do you all think it's possible to buy a white back cover for my T and replace the black one?
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 125126127 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic