Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Next-gen Samsung Exynos 5 Dual details revealed

Author Next-gen Samsung Exynos 5 Dual details revealed
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-10 14:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Samsung has published a white paper (pdf) outlining the technical details and product highlights of its next-generation mobile processor. The new Exynos 5 Dualseries of mobile processors will be clocked at 1.7GHz and have been manufactured on Samsung's 32nm process using its High-K Metal Gate method. Underpinning the design is ARM's Cortex A-15 architecture, which will pit Samsung's latest chip directly against Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 'Krait' processors.

Read more...
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-08-10 20:08
Awesome

If its anything like the Exynos 4 chips found in GS2, GNote/10.1 and GS3, its going to blow away the competition.

Im looking forward to seeing the Samsung Galaxy phones that will be using this chip support for HD1080P@60FPS
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-10 21:21
Congratulations SAMSUNG !

Undoubtedly a Great Achievement !!!

It Is Undeniable That On CPU, GPU, MEMORY FLASH And DISPLAYS... The "Koreans" Are The Worlds Best !!!

On The Day That They Ally All This Technology With All The Sophistication And Design (SONY) And Quality Of Construction, Multimedia Resources "Camera, Camcorder, Music Player" (NOKIA)... They Will Last The Perfect Device !!!

P.S: Anxious For The Release SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 And SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 11.8 !!!
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-10 22:48

On 2012-08-10 21:21:09, Guarulhos wrote:
Congratulations SAMSUNG !

Undoubtedly a Great Achievement !!!

It Is Undeniable That On CPU, GPU, MEMORY FLASH And DISPLAYS... The "Koreans" Are The Worlds Best !!!

On The Day That They Ally All This Technology With All The Sophistication And Design (SONY) And Quality Of Construction, Multimedia Resources "Camera, Camcorder, Music Player" (NOKIA)... They Will Last The Perfect Device !!!

P.S: Anxious For The Release SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 And SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 11.8 !!!

Sorry, but Koreans are the biggest copycat in the world, Samsung has so many copying stuff from CPU to design from others.

Displays from Samsung are NOT the best of the world those are just improved existing technique and Sharp violation of patent technology.

Samsung has not the best Memory flash, those are just copy from Rambus in the past as well their HDD devision witch stolen patent from other.

Samsung don't invent the Mobile GPU, they also take that architecture from others and improved by them self just copy from other and mix with their own.

Design, they copy from Apple iphone and Ipad.

Also samsung stole Ericssons 3G pattent.

South Korean companies are the biggest copycat in the world after China, the worse company in the world is Samsung and LG.

Samsung is just trash in my eye's
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-08-10 21:50 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-08-10 23:37
^ oh the hate
Any concrete proof of Samsung "stealing" all that? or is it just due to the fact that they make better smartphones than your favourite OEM?

Dont bother to answer, i already know which answer it is.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-08-11 03:56
Aren't companies supposed to improve on what the competition puts out? If they improve on the CPU technology isn't that what its supposed to be?

I am looking forward to 360 PPI super HD amoled screen plus this new CPU on the SGS4 which will be my next phone.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-11 06:37
That On CPU, GPU, MEMORY FLASH And DISPLAYS

I do agree with that, except for the first three parts, ever heard of the Intel? Nvidia? AMD? Imagination Technologies? Cell? IBM? SandForce? Kingston? Micron? the list are so long anyway and they are either equal and/or better than Samsung. and btw, Samsung license their SoCs from ARM holdings, and the GPU is designed by ARM as well

on the other hand, the specs are impressive, though I wonder how it fares against PowerVR 600 GPUs - as I think they're still the superior chips
10 years at Esato
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi