Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > HTC slump continues as One range falls flat

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author HTC slump continues as One range falls flat
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 14:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
HTC's financial woes have continued into the month of June as it struggles with dwindling sales and falling revenues, reports DigiTimes. After issuing a revised forecast for the current quarter last week, the company has reported its revenues are down a further 16.7 percent for July to just $844 million. This marks a 44.5 percent decrease in revenue year-on-year for the same month as it struggles to capture market interest in its critically well-received One range of Android smartphones.

Read more...
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 15:14
A shame.

It seems the trend towards Samsung and Apple continues regardless of how critically well received HTC's offerings have been.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 15:51
Like I wrote previously, this company is in serious trouble. This is only the beginning.

I see them being in the same group as Nokia at some point, the question is can they bounce back? From where I stand I doubt it.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 16:00
HTC were the darlings of the industry just a couple of years ago. It seems the Samsung juggernaut has swept it aside.
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 16:30
Really? I'd have thought that the One series would be selling very well. Go figure.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 16:38
And when the One X came up, I thought that would be a new start for the HTC. I guess I was mistaken
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 21:16
Hey they're better results than the previous quarter.

I think they'll get there but it'll take time. The problem HTC have always had is their devices arent as high quality as Samsung. HTC phones have always been cheap and made with lower quality materials. The One X is a step in the right direction using much much much better quality components.

Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-08 05:11

On 2012-08-07 21:16:07, etaab wrote:
Hey they're better results than the previous quarter.

I think they'll get there but it'll take time. The problem HTC have always had is their devices arent as high quality as Samsung. HTC phones have always been cheap and made with lower quality materials. The One X is a step in the right direction using much much much better quality components.

I think you made a typo there It's the other way around. Samsung devices aren't as high quality as HTC. Samsung uses cheap and lower quality materials. HTC phones have always been more premium in terms of build compared to their Samsung competition.

Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-08-08 10:37
I also think HTC have solid build quality. Samsung have almost always had cheap and plasticky phones.

The SIII is already suffering from cracks as it is.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Fafne
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2012-08-09 21:09
A satisfied HTC Desire HD owner here.
Have had my HDH for almost two years. Still the 1GHz cpu, graphic and RAM i still going strong. So logical my next phone would be another up to date HTC.

No way! I want any of todays HTC phones.
Those new One series HTC models are not even close to the Desire HD's standard. Lacking Memory card slot, replaceable batteries. They are just cheap copies of iphone .

...That was my opinion before HTC decided that the DHD was not to get a ICS upgrade...

Having no real intentions replacing the DHD, even if a larger screen is tempting, like the Samsung Note2 larger screen.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi