Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Judge: Apple Must Publicly Admit Samsung Didn't Copy The iPad

Author Judge: Apple Must Publicly Admit Samsung Didn't Copy The iPad
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-07-29 23:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Luckily, you're one of a very small group here on Esato who disagree with this courts decision.

Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-07-30 17:53

On 2012-07-29 23:06:09, etaab wrote:
Luckily, you're one of a very small group here on Esato who disagree with this courts decision.

Im not an Apple afficianado at all. At present i have an S3 which is a fine handset. But if Google felt it right to warn Samsung about their designs, and their own design team found it "regretable" that the original Galaxy S was similar to older iphones then that speaks for itself.
The judge was right in one respect though..........the Galaxy Tab is no where near as cool as the ipad. And i dont have an ipad either......but if i was in the market for a tablet it definately would be an Apple tablet
[ This Message was edited by: lemmy31 on 2012-07-30 16:56 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-07-30 21:26
I didnt accuse you of being one. I said basically you're one of few people who appear to stick up for Apple. Which is something i cannot understand even if you or anyone else is an iPhone owner who very much loves their phone.

Im the type of person who is rather unbiased. I love the phones, but i dont really care about the companies behind them because they dont care about me. Im just a customer. I like Big Mac meals, but i wouldnt defend McDonalds if people started a similar legal war with them.

I will however object to happenings within the industry which are either nonesense, unfair, biased, choking the industry or consumers. Apple are guilty of all this, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, HTC, LG etc are not.

Even if Samsung did take inspiration from Apple, which is different to just attempting to copy (that many small firm Chinese companies do and then sell phones as their real counterparts), i dont even think that is necessarily a bad thing.

Theres not one damn thing any Apple fan can say imo when they're defending a company that is attempting to stop everyone else out there even manufacturing phones. Unless of course you'd like to see a future where everything is made by Apple.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-25 01:39
Loom at this complex article

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/8/23/3260463/apple-samsung-jury-verdict-form-nightmare
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-08-25 12:23
I read somewhere a few hours ago that Samsung have to pay Apple money over that link case
and heres that Samsung to Cough up and pay Apple
[ This Message was edited by: Miss UK on 2012-08-25 11:28 ]
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-08-25 12:41
read or watch 1984. Apple is really that.
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-25 13:59
Is this new ruling going to restrict design of touchscreen phones? There is not much that you can do with the design of a full touchscreen phone, it is always going to have a resemblance to the iPhone and vice versa. If no phone can look like the iPhone then soon we will only have the iPhone. Most TV's look similar but you dont see Sony sueing Toshiba because their 32" TV looks like Sony's
[ This Message was edited by: jcwhite_uk on 2012-08-25 13:03 ]
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-25 14:25
phone design is pretty much restricted to rectangles because the screens are rectangles-has apple got the sole rites to use that shape of screen.
its seems to me that apple are trying to force the competition out of the american market.
if they use the ruling to go after other weaker financialy android manufacturers such as HTC then that might happen.
galaxy note8
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-25 15:41
As I recall there were many touch screen phones about with similar shape since before Apple made any phones. And since when can they ban anything going on sale in America?? Surely that's up to Government not Apple?? Slide to unlock was on Google Android ages ago not stolen by Samsung. Android and Mircosoft use the double tap zoom and bounce in the browser feature not just Samsung.
Phone?? What phone??
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-08-25 16:46
Its not really about rectangles btw. It was obvious samsung was trying hard to rip on apple's ui and overall looks(based on the documents). There isn't any single device from sony or htc or nokia or even lg that resembles iphone both as hardware and ui wise as much as s1 and s2 do.

Anyways this isn't the end, they will be appealing and I don't see this victory as anything huge for apple. All the apple haters will probably end up getting more of samsung now.

@bonovox,
Microsoft has licensed it from apple.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-25 19:00

On 2012-07-29 13:20:16, razec wrote:
I'm having doubt whether we can really see Apple embarrassing themselves in public now. Should we pray hard for this to happen?

It's happened before with Lemmigs, and recently pulled genius TV ads. They've survived and thrived!!

I think Samsung's defeat to the tune of just over a billion US dollars is more of a hurt than a public announcement.

^edited "Damaungs" to Samsung's (man, iOS auto complete really needs an overhaul!)
[ This Message was edited by: Hardened on 2012-08-26 04:17 ]
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-10-18 11:37
BBCNews - Apple Loses UK Appeal On Earlier Rulilng.
Sky News.

"If Apple ultimately loses this case, it will have to suffer the indignity of publishing the ads and publicly stating that Samsung did not copy its design."

Looks like they might have to display those ads after all.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2012-10-18 10:40 ]
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-10-18 12:28
Just read about it on Reuters. Good for Apple. Only in the US would they get away with broad ranging patent suits which have little bearing on true copyright infringement.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-10-18 14:00
Unlucky Apple!
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-10-18 22:37
Thank you once again the British Justice System !

I hope they take it to the supreme court and get the same reply. That would be 3 times unlucky in the UK.

How embarrassing !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi