Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia 808 PureView Thread And Discussion

Previous  123 ... 232425 ... 939495  Next
Author Nokia 808 PureView Thread And Discussion
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 20:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Bonovox And Yakkaimono...

I understand the point of view of you and I'll respect you have for all the logic, but I still disagree, because this is my opinion based on what I see, and the internet is no shortage of comparative DSLRs and mirrorless against 808 and daytime shots in good light all of them are emphatic in stating that the 808 excel for the same quality and in some cases superior !

But confinement here, because the intention is not arguing but exposure to different points of view and particularly those who only owns a 808 knows how spectacular and revolutionary this cameraphone is !!!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 21:58
The 808 rivals and beats some point and shoots. But no camera 'phone' can beat ANY DSLR sorry my view is if you see that it does your blind. A DSLR is a professional peice of camera hardware. The Nokia is the best camera phone nothing more than rival of point and shoots. There is no way the 808 can be described as superior to a DSLR. I have a brother who owns a top of the range Nikon DSLR and believe me the shots it takes in EVERY situation I have compared to the Nokia. The Nokia is not better in terms of detail,colours,sharpness and especially night shots. Not to argue but if you think that way then you know nothing about professional photography.

Nokia Lumia 800 White
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-11-16 21:01 ]
Yakkaimono
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 22:24
Well I stand by what I said. Those comparison photos all turned out so close in quality because the potential of a dslr was simply not put to use. And so far I have yet to see a comparison where the 808 beat a dslr.
I'm not saying one shouldn't be impressed by the 808 but it just comes close to a dslr in a very few situations and that only if you don't use the advantages of a dslr.
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 23:22
@Bonovox...

I think back to put your opinion, you put it aggressively... And because this is their way of being that many lost patience with their opinions, because to expose your point of view, you do not necessarily attacking anyone who shares the same opinion as his, as was the case with the previous opinion: "nothing about professional photography" !

Sure it was totally unnecessary !

If you think I do not know anything about photography, ok !
It's your opinion and I respect !
Furthermore, I will not get into that war vanities again, who knows more or less know !

Just wanted to clarify that definitely what you think about me and my attitudes, matter little in my day to day !

So do not waste time attacking me, just limit yourself to expose your thinking !

Finally I will not fight with you and not with anyone, I will not argue with you or with anyone, let alone change my opinion, because it is based on much study about the 808 and its technology, and the practice of its use, after all I own a 808 PureView PRo, unlike you and many others who disagree magnitude of technological present within this unit !
[ This Message was edited by: Guarulhos on 2012-11-16 22:27 ]
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 23:32
@Yakkaimono...

Your opinion is certainly valid and should be respected especially, therefore I will add nothing !

Just believe you, Bonovox, Cu015170 and any other person with a minimum of photographic knowledge agree that any smartphone or point shoot camera launched today or in the past and can overcome even approach the 808 PureView PRO !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-17 00:29
Do not make me argue with you again but I do NOT have no knowledge of photography. Since when were you the EXPERT?? As usual you talk out your backside,let me repeat. NO MOBILE PHONE RIVALS A DSLR. I am not attacking you I am nearly stating the truth the 808 is not as good as any DSLR I have seen it so many times it's beyond me you can even say that. I give up,I'll leave it to the dreamer in you

Nokia Lumia 800 White
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-11-16 23:33 ]
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-11-17 17:48
I have an 808 and a DSLR .. so my opinion is based on that, not on anything else, so.. yes, the 808 comes close enough to my DSLR to where the difference in quality does not matter to me. To have that kind of photographic ability always in your pocket simply overcomes any minor differences in quality... its a "no brainer" in my case

here they are

[ This Message was edited by: cu015170 on 2012-11-17 16:50 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 15:53
I mean look at this,sorry this does not beat a DSLR

http://www.esato.com/phonepho[....]photos.php?pid=63098&uid=39617
Phone?? What phone??
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 16:41
I can show you bad pictures from a DSLR as well.

The size vs. quality ratio with the 808 is incredible...it doesn't matter if the image quality is not better than most DSLRs, the important part is that its close enough to where its not really important for an amateur. DSLRs are for professionals.. its just strange to be walking around with a DSLR on your neck the whole time..

Like these guys..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LApO_BDRE8M

[ This Message was edited by: cu015170 on 2012-11-18 15:41 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 18:17
Auto setting I have seen colours on the 808 rather dull.
Phone?? What phone??
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 20:01
@Bonovox...

Why has eyes, but don't want to see ???

On the internet there are thousands of examples, However I will only use photos posted by members of the Esato, which proves that the image quality of 808 surpasses any smartphone, point and shoot camera and some DSLRs !!!

http://www.esato.com/phonepho[....]hotos.php?pid=62263&uid=206975

http://www.esato.com/phonepho[....]hotos.php?pid=59792&uid=206975

http://www.esato.com/phonepho[....]&make=Nokia&model=808+PureView

http://www.esato.com/phonepho[....]hotos.php?pid=62534&uid=209172

P.S: Simple as that !
[ This Message was edited by: Guarulhos on 2012-11-18 21:20 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 21:15
The only really good shot there is 9_Destiny's night shot the rest are average. There is no doubt the 808 is an amazing camera phone but many images I have seen have also been mearly average. Might be down to user error but it is still nothing like a DSLR quality wise. Most pros would laugh you out the room with that comment
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-11-18 20:22 ]
Phone?? What phone??
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-11-19 03:55
The colors on the N8 and the 808 are not dull, but rather neutral/natural... Nokia's jpeg processing has been progressing towards that since the N86. They started aiming at less noise, more detail, and natural color... which is the exact opposite of the industry.. which has been going the other way, less detail, more noise (smaller pixels), and vivid colors.. that is the only way they can mask the shitty quality for the most part. You take a photo, and it looks great on the phone's screen... and that is all most people care about.

As far as the DSLR.. like I said I have a DSLR, and I think the 808 comes close enough to where I don't need to carry it around with me, so in my case.. the 808 replaced a DSLR. Its not a replacement for a professional, but for an amateur a DSLR is an overkill.. unless you want to learn about DoF, exposure.. etc. then .. you might need one.

The 808 is a game changer... too bad it got caught in all the BS politics around Nokia and Microsoft.
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-11-20 07:02
Interesting Comparison Photo Between Nokia NSeries N82 (The Best Cameraphone 5 MP Story) Vs Nokia 808 PureView PRO (The Best Cameraphone Overall Resolution Story) !

http://www.allaboutsymbian.co[....]difference_four_years_make.php

Source: ALLABOUTSYMBIAN
[ This Message was edited by: Guarulhos on 2012-11-20 06:19 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-11-20 12:46

On 2012-11-16 01:10:00, Bonovox wrote:
Well in terms of some point and shoots and other smartphones but it still does not beat any DSLR

Any ? as in all DSLRs beat the 808 ? you're actually saying the 808 cannot best ANY and ALL DSLR ??

What are you smoking ? im not being funny or offensive or anything but ive read plenty of reviews on the 808. I dont own one or a DSLR but even i know this simply is not true.

For example, the convenience store of which im the manager of we sell plenty of photography magazines. Several of them this year have done 808 comparison reviews versus some of the top end DSLRs. In almost all of their reviews, the 808 beat the top end DSLRs in many different situations - and these are professional photographers using and configuring both cameras to exhibit their best.

Also in one memorable review, the reviewer said the 808 beat the top end DSLR in more than half the scenes tested and bested the mid range and lower EVERY TIME !

So no, im sorry but thats a stupid opinion to have when the greater opinion from professionals opposes what you say.

DSLR cameras are fantastic, but they're very complicated to use for all but decent photographers. They excel where being able to swap lenses and go into much deeper settings than whats capable on a cameraphone arent possible. But for point and shoot with speed a compact camera will always best them which is exactly what the 808 is. The difference being the phone has a certain degree of innovation genuis not seen before which boosts its capabilities dramatically.

Even i proved this to be the case last year. I went to a good friends wedding who has a proper high end DSLR because hes a part time wedding photographer - who cannot cover his own wedding. So, on the day he brought his DSLR along with him for friends to use. He also employed another wedding photographer. Lastly, there were about 40 guests all with compact cameras of their own.

I had my Nokia N8, he also gave me his DSLR to shoot some alternative shots to accompany the wedding photographer.

So who took the best pictures ? First off, the wedding photographer took blurred, out of focus, dark or oversaturated shots. A total waste of money. Second came his own DSLR which i used and took almost near professional shots with which cost him nothing. So yes, the N8 came first believe it or not. With the N8 i went around shooting other images which would have taken too long with the DSLR cameras or simply were not the best option at the time. So the groom himself used my N8 shots for his wedding album !!

So, if my two year old Nokia N8 could best a DSLR im sure the 808 could have trounced them altogether !!!
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2012-11-20 11:50 ]
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 232425 ... 939495  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic