Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia 808 PureView Thread And Discussion

Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 939495  Next
Author Nokia 808 PureView Thread And Discussion
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-16 19:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The question is : do you want to have an iPhone in a pocket or an android high end for everyday use for the fluidity, speed, interface, services, applications, hd screen with an acceptable camera and in the other pocket a 808 just to take pictures?

The purpose of a modern phone is to have everything in one right?

If you are ready to do that, would not it be better to have in the other pocket a high end camera for cheaper than 808?

Or maybe you're ready to make many concessions and use the 808 all the time.

Personally I bought a used 808 (one month old) 400€ for curiosity. I have had many phones and I wanted to test it. I'm obviously disappointed as I said.
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-16 20:14
You Is Disappointed Because Know Use Product !!!

Without a Doubt The Worst Photos Already Captured With The 808 Are Their !

The 2 Last Images You Posted On Prove Exactly What I Wrote Here (White Balance Wrong, Exposure Comp Wrong And Viewing Angle For Image Capture) !

"You're Welcome Advance a (Ferrari) Hands Of Who Do Not Know Drive"

P.S: 808 PureView In Hand Firm And a Mind With The Minimum Knowledge Photographic, Replaces Quietly Any Digital Camera Compact And Some SLR (Low End), With The Advantage Of Make And Receive Telephonic Connections, Have Location/Navigation Gps And Etc !!!
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-16 22:54
Hey dickwad i see you're an expert of provocation

I don't care about what you're thinking like i already said.

What you prove is you're a big silly fanboy who does not like to hear what he does not like ! How old are you ? 12 years old ?

You perfectly know that i not only said negative things about the camera of this phone but obviously you can't read.

You're probably the bigest troll i ever seen on esato BIG TIME (or ABYSS if you understand better this word).

The big difference between you and me is that I have a 808 and not you ! Before talking for nothing buy first this phone.

when you have it don't forget to put it deep but the problem is that the vibrator is not terrible either with 808 !
[ This Message was edited by: davidsic on 2012-08-16 21:56 ]
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-16 23:27
Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla As Usual Your Idiot Samsung Boy (King Of Idiocy And Images Mediocre) !!!

P.S: Is Quiet You Has No Moral To Write Nothing Here !!!
ILoveBhe
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-17 01:45
You are absolutely correct David. I always do have 2 phones in my pockets, iPhone for texting, calling, gaming and bragging, and 808 for texting, calling and utility, awts.... Im using 808 right now! Maybe if I had a S3 I would have used that in browsing. I've never seen a single digicam lately. Maybe that's the reason why Nikon is trying to make their digicams double as a phone, they are throwing in android to their digicams.

OUT OF TOPIC David how to close running applications in background in android? I'm a lil irritated seeing those rcecent apps i used

Maybe you are on the wrong thread David, he 808 was not created for the common people for the common users. This was created for us with passion for photos. And if you have passion for photos, the camera alone can overshadow all its flaws. Nokia does not even advertise this phone nor display it at their stores.

You should be arguing with the guy who started the iPhone as the best smartphone thread.
[ This Message was edited by: ILoveBhe on 2012-08-17 02:57 ]
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-17 03:20
I think its safe to say that the general consensus is that both, the GS3 and the 808 are good smartphones, they just balance that title in different ways, and therefore are appreciated by different people/users. I like my 808.. probably as much someone likes their GS3, but for some reason that seems to be hard to believe for a lot of people. The 808 is a great fit for a lot of us out there, read the reviews on amazon for example...

I use it as a smartphone 1st, camera 2nd, and therefore I still see as a better smartphone, than a camera.. since I own a DSLR. Its great for everyday use, for me.. I am not saying its a universal law. And that is the part.. too many people go to extremes, and it doesn't make any sense. Comments like "its just a camera and nothing else" are troll like/childish type of comments, they are simply not true.

If they give me a choice to pick only one smartphone currently on the market, I would pick the 808 every time.. for me its the best smartphone money can buy right now, and that is why I own one.

Also, the phone is not all hype, its been reviewed and recognized as something special by a lot of people in the industry. So far its gotten 4 awards that a worth mentioning:

Best mobile device @ MWC (the most prestigious one, awarded only once a year)
Best imaging device from TIPA
Gold award from DPreview (big one..)
Best mobile photo from EISA

Its a game changer, and if you can't see it, you are just not looking at it objectively.

As To CU015170 Is Certainly Wise... Honnest, Best Photographer And Best Human Being You !!!

You are putting way too much pressure on me mate! But thank you for the kind words

On 2012-08-16 07:00:44, ILoveBhe wrote:
Since i had this 808, never used my 4s' cam seriously anymore.

Well.. same here, but for a lot of people out there the 4s is perfect.

On 2012-08-16 12:19:00, davidsic wrote:
On the other hand the s3 has a good camera, good enough for most people, nice level of details, not to much noise, good colours, lot of settings, scenes, resolution/formats, hdr, burst mode very fast (choosing the best pic) and nice video camera up to 1920x1080. It's not as good as the 808 but it's easy to handle, to share pics with social networks and it's fast.

So you can flip that the other way, no ? The 808 is a smartphone, good enough for most people ? So its a matter of choice of you want the best smartphone with a "good enough" camera, or an amazing camera with a "good enough smartphone", both of which are subjective, but still, you see my point.
[ This Message was edited by: cu015170 on 2012-08-17 02:29 ]
Sugarkane
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-17 03:26

[ This Message was edited by: Sugarkane on 2012-08-17 12:17 ]
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-17 03:30
^ Don't be a creep like that
ILoveBhe
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-17 04:00
Is sugarcane one of them fanatics? or not?
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-17 04:52
Cu015170...

Again (As Usual) You Was Bright In Their Placements ! Congratulations Man !!!

ILoveBhe...

Not Miss Time With The "SUGARKANE", Because He Is One Of More Fanatics And Insane "SONY BOY" This Forum !

Has Certainty He Silent It Is "a True Genius" And Contributes Significantly To Quality This Forum !

P.S: Each Day Passing, 808 PureView It Is More Winning And Recognized As The More Cameraphone History !!!
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-17 06:26

Sugarkane
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-17 13:25

On 2012-08-17 04:00:54, ILoveBhe wrote:
Is sugarcane one of them fanatics? or not?

Hi!
I'm Not A Fanatic.
I Just Like To See Forum Wars Governed By A Retarded Fool Who Does Not Like Keyboard Keys.

Cheers and have a nice weekend!
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-17 15:01
the GS3 was also an award from EISA, the best phone of the year ...

I have another "symbian" problem, there's a 16gb sd card on my 808, there's a folder call whallpaper who doesn't appears on the gallery but images appears when i set to change the whallpaper from the home screen. If i want to view these pics i must go to the file manager to watch it...one by one (not scrolling between images). Strange caus' on the other side vidéos on sd appears on "vidéos".

This morning i removed my sim of the S3 and put it in 808, after booting the phone crashed on the weather. I was forced to remove the battery and restart.

The 808 has been praised for his camera in many tests. but they also said...

Gsmarena
Symbian ecosystem lags behind Android and iOS
nHD resolution wears thin on the 4" screen
The phone is quite bulky and heavy
Relatively limited 3rd party software availability
microSIM support

The verge
IRONY: THE WORLD’S HIGHEST-RESOLUTION CAMERA ON A DEVICE WITH ONE OF THE LOWEST-RESOLUTION SCREENS

THE SYMBIAN EFFECT: WHEN GREAT HARDWARE IS RENDERED USELESS BY TERRIBLE SOFTWARE

Actions like scrolling or pinch-to-zoom feel like requests you’re filing with a clerk somewhere in a bureaucratic dystopia — to be carried out at some indeterminate time in the future. Completing this slow-motion train wreck is the only thing worse than unresponsive operation: a complete crash of the entire phone. To achieve this ignoble feat, you just need to go to a content-rich site like The Verge, flip to landscape mode, and try to scroll around. Works every time. Or, if you’re looking at it from the perspective of someone who actually wants to use the browser, it fails to work every time. I’ve had plenty of opportunities to ponder perspectives and other deep and meaningful topics while swapping this handset’s battery in and out. In short, the experience of using the web on the 808 PureView is so horrible as to force me to advise against it completely.

mobile-review

Lastly we have a multimedia application conspicuous by its absence. YouTube is probably the most widely used video sharing service nowadays, however Symbian and Nokia 808 lack a dedicated application for it. Instead on the main menu there is an icon of YouTube that simply opens the site's mobile version. Such poor support of YouTube and online video sharing services in general is not acceptable in a high-end solution like Nokia 808 especially as video capabilities of the phone are advertised so heavily.

Some of the operating system's features are described more thoroughly in the next lines. Nokia 808's internet browser deserves probably a separate description although probably not because it's upgraded from the one used in earlier versions of Symbian. Even though in every newer version Nokia promises an even more friendly and better browsing experience, what we always get is the same performance on par with a mid-range Android device, one with worse specs than Nokia 808 or even cheaper Symbian phones.

There is no way the rendering speed can be considered acceptable for a high-end device in 2012. The same applies for the scrolling speed and ease of use inside a web page. Nokia's solution for simplicity was to make most of the more advanced browser settings to either disappear or to be hidden deep inside the settings options.

And so on...

So you can flip that the other way, no ? The 808 is a smartphone, good enough for most people ? So its a matter of choice of you want the best smartphone with a "good enough" camera, or an amazing camera with a "good enough smartphone", both of which are subjective, but still, you see my point.
I admit it's a good formula.

We must to choose but admit that that would be cool to Have This powerful camera in a high end Android device with a HD screen! it's allowed to dream.
[ This Message was edited by: davidsic on 2012-08-17 14:03 ]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-17 16:40
Why is this thread still existing? If you guys (cu015170 and the rest of 808 users) do really want to show the imaging possibilities of the 808 then why not create a different thread entitled "Post Pictures taken with your Nokia 808 Pureview" instead of posting your samples in this troll-infested thread?
10 years at Esato
ILoveBhe
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 07:53

On 2012-08-17 13:25:53, Sugarkane wrote:
Hi!
I'm Not A Fanatic.
I Just Like To See Forum Wars Governed By A Retarded Fool Who Does Not Like Keyboard Keys.

Cheers and have a nice weekend!

You are not fanatic? Question, do you think the 808 produces the highest image quality from a mobile phone to this point in time?

I hated keyboard, i dont like extra baggages, i guess that makes me retarded.

Happy long weekend kabayan

On 2012-08-17 16:40:44, razec wrote:
Why is this thread still existing? If you guys (cu015170 and the rest of 808 users) do really want to show the imaging possibilities of the 808 then why not create a different thread entitled "Post Pictures taken with your Nokia 808 Pureview" instead of posting your samples in this troll-infested thread?

I think this is a great idea

@cu015170, i cant name anybody else excet you who is worthy of starting such a thread.
[ This Message was edited by: ILoveBhe on 2012-08-18 08:22 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 939495  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic