Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S III has same camera sensor as iPhone 4S

Author Samsung Galaxy S III has same camera sensor as iPhone 4S
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-06-04 16:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The Samsung Galaxy S3 has been found to feature the same camera internally as the iPhone 4S, finally giving Android and iPhone users something to compare like for like.

iFixt, the website that likes to take phones and computers apart, has found that the main 8MP camera sensor is a Sony BSI unit - essentially the same camera found in the iPhone 4S.

It's the first time we've found out who makes the camera sensor in the Samsung Galaxy S III, and while it won't make a blind bit of difference to the "my phone is better than you phone argument" it's always nice to see a phone gutted and on display so you don't have to wonder what's inside.

Read more
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-06-04 16:27
Wow yes this makes things interesting. Samsung though in their own right have made some of their own cracking dedicated digital cameras. Everyone using Sony sensors is interesting
Phone?? What phone??
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-06-05 07:33
I think out of the 2 companies Sony is the big winner here because the amount of handsets selling alone will give Sony some profit too! I woudlnt be surprised Sony goes and develops an amazing lens for its top of the range handset (Mint??) due later on in the year, it really will have only one real competitor and thats the 808 pureview.

Exciting stuff!!!
ThomasPaul
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-06-12 19:25
Yes they both have the same camera but Samsung's every phone is better than Apple iPhone. Processor wise, screen resolution wise, look wise Samsung is better than Apple phones.
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-06-12 20:30
Here I Have Seen Very Positive Reports Regarding Digital Camera Built In New Galaxy S III And These Reviews Are More Than Just !

And I Could In Practice Evidence That Having The Opportunity To Test For Little Over 10 Days This Great Smartphone !

However I See Whenever Possible If Comes Giving Credit To All Camera S III, Because The Smartphone From Samsung Uses The Same Image Sensor And Optical Assembly Of The Great IPhone 4S (The Best Cameraphone 8 MP Of History), What Is A HUGE LIE !!!

After Auditors Course And Well Released That The Joint Optical IPhone 4S Is Regular (35 mm) Manufactured By LARGAN PRECISION, Being This Being Joint Compound 4 Aspherical Crystal !!!

And The Image Sensor Is a Back-Illuminated CMOS Made By SONY, This Sensor Is The Model With The IMX145 (1.4 Microns For Pixel) !!!

In Relation To The Big Table S III No Repeats Itself !

For The Top Line Smartphone From Samsung Uses a Set Wide Angle Optical (26 mm) Manufacturing SAMSUNG !

In Relation To Have Your ISP Integrated Manufacturing Was In Charge Of Two Companies, FUJITSU And ST-ERICSSON !!!

But When It Comes Integrated Image Sensor, The Information Is Still Scarce !

The Only Certainty Is That This Sensor Is BACKLIT And What Is Your Manufacturing Held For SONY, Model But This Sensor Is Still UNKNOWN !

But It Was Clear To The Team Of The Great Credibility CHIPWORKS This Sensor That Is Not Even That Was Built In IPhone 4S, Is not Even That Was Built In S II (American Version) And Mainly Not The Same Sensor That Was Built In Line Sony Xperia 2011 And 2012 !!!

Check Out The Proof Of What I Say So Down Through The Communiqué Issued At Time Of Self CHIPWORKS !!!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-06-12 20:34
I don't think the GS3 camera is a great improvement at all. I found it to be nothing better compared to the GS2
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi