Previous  123 ... 626364  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy SIII Discussion
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 22:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Where is this RGB notification light ??

@ false_morel - where does anyone mention its pentile ? i must have missed that one.

As for the design, i was hoping it would be similar to the Galaxy Nexus front, and similar to the SGSII rear, which it actually is thankfully. CPU wise, im not too worried about it at all since im not into high end gaming, but i do have a feeling it'll ace the benchmarks.

I also think this phone is a fantastic competitor to the HTC One X and the phones will both be very very successful. If it were not for my money, or lack of i'd buy both.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 22:27
What?? it's a pentile display?? That's bad It is nice specs & nice that it's a bit more curvy. But still similar boring design with no high grade materials I do hope Samsung though start doing notification LED
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-05-03 21:31 ]
Phone?? What phone??
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 22:43
@ etaab

Here you go: Engadget link..

Engadget made a test.. And even without testing, and microscoping into these displays, the mere fact that it's not "AMOLED Plus" labeled, it means it's Pentile and not a regular RBG matrix..

Also, from Engadget's hardware hands-on video, I managed to recognize all those finger prints at the back.
I think the white version is prone to this though..
[ This Message was edited by: false_morel on 2012-05-03 21:44 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 22:55
Pentile matrix phones ive never really had a problem with however. When i saw the first Galaxy S i thought it had the best screen of any phone for 2010 apart from the iPhone 4's retina display which was sharper - but i only put that down to it being smaller.

After using the Galaxy Nexus, if the SIII uses the same screen im a happy man. After using the HTC One X, i was disappointed with its lack of brightness and dull whites compared to a super amoled.

Also regarding cameras and use of higher grade materials, they're not deal breakers for me. Nobody is going to compete with Nokia for camera quality over the next year or two so to expect Samsung, HTC or Sony to stand a chance would be wishing for too much. Nobody imo can beat the feel of the iPhone 4 / 4S for the feel of quality either, the combination of glass and steel simply is hard to beat without joining them and having Apple scream patent robbery.

I have to admit i have been swallowed up with the hype around the SIII, but it has lived up to that hype. I will probably buy this phone and if it had been a major disappointment, i'd have been happy with a One X. This year is a great time to be buying into smartphones and the manufacturers are rewarding us so well.

Right now for the iPhone 5 !!
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 22:55
Display and form factor look great, was really hoping for a better build though, really dissatisfied with the mention of glossy plastic. I had to buy a case with the s2 because I really couldn't stand the way it felt in the hand.
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 23:08
Yes, no deal breakers I think as well. Otherwise, it can't be king of smartphones while having deal breakers.
However, there will always be negative points to dig out. No manufacturer could ever deliver the perfect phone I believe..

Anyway, for me, I'm convinced with what Nokia are doing.
A Nokia Apllo flagship with a PC functionality, PureView, innovative design, and Nokia Drive is definitely worth the wait and the investment for me.

So will not be picking this GSIII beast up. But will be recommending it for many same I did with GSII.. Most of my close friends are on a GSII btw. Majority owning iPhones is already an old trend..
And with the GSIII now, specially that there could be no iPhone 5 till Q4, Samsung can only get more sales and market share..
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 23:09
Mind you the Note also uses Pentile. If they made it out of polycarbonate it would be perfection!!
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 23:19
The Note uses pentile also ? i didnt know that either but it does make sense.

I absolutely love the Note's screen, the best screen ive seen on any device imo, even better than the new iPad's screen due to it being amoled.

LCD has had its day imo.

Also, very glad it has a micro SD card slot since my girlfriend bought me a 32gb card for my birthday recently. Very handy but not much use with the One X..
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 23:29
The looks are pretty disappointing to me, reminds me of corby or like an over sized galaxy y... The only reason I would have to go for s3 over one x would be better benchmarks and most likely better battery life.... the video playback while being minimized is very good(but can be done using power amp).. I guess I will have to wait and see what iPhone5 and hayabusa bring.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-05-04 01:38
I'm still not convinced about the current use of quad cores so for me the big thing is that it has tons of memory otherwise I don't see what the fuss is about. Is it that much better than the Xperia S? For me the Xperia S will out perform it on non-cpu related stuff. So far, the best total package comes from the Xperia P; I don't see what the S3 can do that the Sony can't.

Yes, on paper its the best but HTC Sense is way better than TouchWiz and Sony look better. Sorry but its not £200 better than an Xperia P. There you go, my balls on the chopping block.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-05-04 01:44
I don't feel major excitement by the GS3. I wanted to see a new design and premium materials and say WOW. But I find myself not: (
Phone?? What phone??
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-05-04 09:11
i'll be keeping my gs2. can upgrade tomorrow but frankly, i can't stand htc's, and i defo won't be buying a sony mobile..don't do anything my gs2 can't do..
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-05-04 09:18
LG on same day now just announced all metal and glass flagship with better display and 2 gig of RAM. It's on GSM Arena
Phone?? What phone??
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-05-04 10:07
To me it is a worthy successor : http://www.techradar.com/revi[....]msung-galaxy-s3-1078667/review

http://blog.gsmarena.com/here[....]sung-galaxy-s-iii-accessories/
[ This Message was edited by: rikken on 2012-05-04 09:11 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-05-04 10:11

On 2012-05-04 01:38:31, badassmam wrote:
There you go, my balls on the chopping block.

LMAO !! remember esato has always been primarily a SE site so we're all happy underdog fans to this day. Sony to me just arent what SE were sadly.

I think the One X looks better than the SIII, it probably feels better but the SGSIII is more functional including a memory card slot. I think this years flagship race will be a much closer battle than last year.

@ Bonovox - on paper the new LG is a winner, but then it is a LG..
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2012-05-04 09:13 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 626364  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic