Author Samsung Galaxy SIII Discussion
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 21:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Specs:

Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III at a glance:

• General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps; 4G (regional))
  • Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
  • Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm, 133 g
  • Display: 4.8" 16M-color HD (720 x 1280 pixels) Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Gorilla Glass
  • CPU: Quad-core 32nm ARM Cortex A9 1.4 GHz processor, Exynos 4212 Quad chipset
  • GPU: Mali-400MP
  • RAM: 1GB
  • Memory: 16/32/64GB storage, microSD card slot
  • Camera: 8 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection, touch focus and image
  • stabilization; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps, LED flash, 1.9MP front facing camera, video-calls
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0+HS, standard microUSB port,
  • GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, TV-out, USB-on-the-go, NFC
  • Battery: 2100 mAh
  • Misc: TouchWiz 4.0 UI, DivX/XviD codec support, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, gyroscope sensor, Swype text input, RGB light

I dont know about anybody else but ive finally got the one feature ive been asking for, for about 5 years - videos which can play in a window whilst you perform other function on the phone.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2012-11-08 10:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2013-01-05 22:07 ]
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 21:22
Isn't the screen Gorilla glass plus?
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 21:24
I find this one great looking and the specs are as expected
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 21:27
Not sure yet i missed the first few minutes of the live stream courtesy of a nagging girlfriend forcing me to eat dinner as soon as i got in from work.

Features i love:

- Apple Siri rip off
- Play videos in a window whilst using other functions of phone
- Capture stills whilst shooting full HD videos, like the HTC One X
- Face recognition, wont turn screen off till you look away
- Recognises faces of friends and automatically tags them
- Wireless charging with optional charge pad

I didnt think Samsung would better the HTC One X, but think they probably will now !
ok1907
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 21:35

On 2012-05-03 21:27:26, etaab wrote:
Not sure yet i missed the first few minutes of the live stream courtesy of a nagging girlfriend forcing me to eat dinner as soon as i got in from work.

Features i love:

- Apple Siri rip off
- Play videos in a window whilst using other functions of phone
- Capture stills whilst shooting full HD videos, like the HTC One X
- Face recognition, wont turn screen off till you look away
- Recognises faces of friends and automatically tags them
- Wireless charging with optional charge pad

I didnt think Samsung would better the HTC One X, but think they probably will now !

To me, these features mean nothing.

Speaktoit is a very capable siri like program
Being able to play videos while doing sth else is good but I've never needed that.
Shooting video and capturing image at the same time is cool.
Face recognition is good but I haven't had a problem with this too.
Tagging the faces of my friends is nothing special again.
Wireless charging is really cool but the wireless charger might cost so much. I won't probably buy it.
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 21:38
Typical over hype once again - nothing groundbreaking here imo.

For me HTC One X is the better phone. HTC will be the phone maker of 2012.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 21:45
WOW!! 2100mAh batt, a 64GB variant with memory expansion upto 64GB expansion so you can have 128GB in total, 4.8inch Super AMOLED HD, wireless charging and its not that much bigger than a GS2 LOVING IT!

Its a beast thats for sure, and the design is very nice and round, should appeal to more of the fairer sex now especially in white, very nice work by Samsung, it has lived up to the rumours and expectations and gone futher, thank you Samsung for listening to us and NOT building in the battery or throwing out the MicroSD slot!!

The Xperia S has pretty much been shat on here and the One X is now in a great deal of trouble.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 21:47
To me the most important thing would be how well and how smooth these added features function and "flow" much like with the iPhone. If they function as if they are first time functions then it won't be a great hit. If they function in a smooth, effortless manner as if plenty work went into them then great.

I definitely love the card slot plus 64GB. Now I know it is worth the 64GB card I will be getting shortly.
[ This Message was edited by: skblakee on 2012-05-03 20:50 ]
iPad Air 16GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 21:54
The battery is another feature i love, but i would have liked a 3,000mAh battery kind of like the Motorola Razr Maxx.

For once i love how it looks, unlike the Xperia S which i hate with its square design. I liked the original Galaxy S so the curved design is welcomed back.

@ ok1907 & rickster2kuk - yeah kind of predictable specs and features, but its not who has the biggest specs but who uses them the best and puts them all in one converged device. For me, this is the one phone that brings functions of Android, Symbian and iOs into one converged device. Will it replace my N8 ? the HTC One X would have but now i think the SGSIII pips it.
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 21:55
This is not SGS3 specific, but do you think these phones are getting a tad too big?
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 21:57
I actually wanted the SGS3 to be physically the same as the SGS2 but with a bigger screen. That is a disappointment for me.
iPad Air 16GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 21:59
No, as long as they still fit in the hand i dont mind. Hell i almost upgraded to the Note last year but held out for this phone or the iPhone 5, which never materialised, and the Galaxy Nexus, which was a disappointment.
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 22:01
Btw, is that a sneaky LED notify light on the left side I see?
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 22:09
Yep, Samsung finaly threw in a RGB notification light.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2012-05-03 22:10
RIP One X and all other Android high-ends! You died very young, but better than dying before you were born!

Anyway, no question that this smartphone is the best at the moment. And will stay the best in the Android line-up at least till next MWC!!

However, I don't think Samsung and Google raised the bar too high for anyone else to catch up!
Apple might deliver something big with the iPhone 5. Nokia can have a shot with their coming Apollo flagship as well.

Anyway, what about the negatives of the phone. Everyone is talking about the positives, and it already earned the king of phones title yet again, but there are some weird points I still managed to dig out:

- No enhanced optics or any camera hardware it seems. Just some new sharing/tagging features. A smart burst camera. And shooting video and still simultaneously.
- The design, while good enough, it is on the boring side. Nothing innovative, new, or fresh about it. Just another Galaxy. Might now appeal for female customers more though..
- The emphasis on the hardware button is weird. I find it old by now! And same old capacitive buttons is also weird to me. (No ICS buttons)
- The back is glossy and finger print magnet! The textured back is definitely a way better option! This was what I hated the most about the Xperias, and really didn't expect Samsung to go this road. This plastic will feel even cheaper now, and uglier as well!
- Pentile Display!! Why didn't they put efforts to develop an HD RGB AMOLED!! This one is really disappointing. And a big one for me.
- Some of those introduced features are really very gimmicky! (Others are big, and like Apple's Siri, may not be something very useful or reliable at the moment, but by time may turn out fully featured and mature enough!)
- Samsung is offering 50 GB Dropbox free storage as well! Imagine that! Up to 128GB on board storage plus 50 GB cloud storage! HTC are only offering 32 GB on board and 25 GB Dropbox storage.
- Same GPU. Not a complaint really. But I just find it weird. Actually, to me, it's pleasing that Samsung are concentrating on things that really matter over things only good for pumping the specs sheet.
- All the hype about these accessories, but wait to see how much they'll cost!!

These are the points I noticed.
The pros of course overweigh the cons by far. This is a beast of a phone. A winner. And will keep Samsung at the top along with Apple while others only try to catch up.
[ This Message was edited by: false_morel on 2012-05-03 21:19 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 626364  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic